GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

gs body kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-01, 05:14 PM
zz231
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i already have 18" wheels and tires on my car. and it's going in to be dropped on friday. but the body kit issue is so confusing. way too many kits out there.
Old 03-26-01, 09:16 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also wantd the crux kit untill I saw a black lexus with the abflug body kit in japan all I have to say is wow that car looked good in black the red one in gtautosports gave it no justice but if u want the crux kit try www.visracing.com they have a copy of it and last time I checked it was $850 without a spoiler but this was a while back so I'm not sure if the price is still the same
Old 03-26-01, 09:29 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by biggie27
I also wantd the crux kit untill I saw a black lexus with the abflug body kit in japan all I have to say is wow that car looked good in black the red one in gtautosports gave it no justice but if u want the crux kit try www.visracing.com they have a copy of it and last time I checked it was $850 without a spoiler but this was a while back so I'm not sure if the price is still the same
biggie:

this one?
Attached Thumbnails gs body kit-personal-ab-flug-1.jpg  
Old 03-26-01, 10:39 PM
zz231
Pole Position

wow globeclk, i love that kit. i don't think it's crux. do you have more pictures of it? the front looks awesome. any idea who makes it?
Old 03-26-01, 11:21 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by zz231
wow globeclk, i love that kit. i don't think it's crux. do you have more pictures of it? the front looks awesome. any idea who makes it?

It's ABflug. Gimme your email i'll mail you some more
Old 03-26-01, 11:25 PM
zz231
Pole Position

thanks globeclk. my email is
zz231@home.com
Old 03-27-01, 12:31 AM
gsnav
Lead Lap

I don't normally get mad about this stuff..... But you f&@king drive a lexus. I'm sorry to swear but do you think saving a couple thousand of dollars is good... only if you drive a car that is cheaper, but if you drive a GS, then dang, you better be taking care of it by buying the best stuff or almost. I'm a young kid, but i've sacrificed some stuff to buy like my kit: Rod millen front bumper, and veilside sideskirts and also veilside rear bumper, trust me, it's better for you in the long run, just save up some money. Yeah, it might take longer but it's better for you and your car and you will have no regrets!!!!!

GsNav@clublexus.com
Old 03-27-01, 02:43 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by gsnav
I don't normally get mad about this stuff..... But you f&@king drive a lexus. I'm sorry to swear but do you think saving a couple thousand of dollars is good... only if you drive a car that is cheaper, but if you drive a GS, then dang, you better be taking care of it by buying the best stuff or almost. I'm a young kid, but i've sacrificed some stuff to buy like my kit: Rod millen front bumper, and veilside sideskirts and also veilside rear bumper, trust me, it's better for you in the long run, just save up some money. Yeah, it might take longer but it's better for you and your car and you will have no regrets!!!!!

well said, GSNAV, well said.
Have to agree with you
Old 03-27-01, 01:47 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Bravo...

gsnav, you hit the nail on the head...

I am VERY adamant about knock off ANYTHING. Knock-off body kits, knock-off rims, knock-off watches, etc. As gsnav said, you have a GS. Don't go cheap on the accessories...you're not driving a Hyundai!

If you can't afford a full body kit (usually in the $2500 and up range), then buy a add-on kit ($1000 range)...and honestly, if you can't afford to buy even an add-on kit, maybe you shouldn't be fixing up your car and instead, should be putting your money elsewhere...(like a mutual fund or some other investment)

Fixing up your car, especially a car like a GS or a LS is a LUXURY. When all I could afford is a Honda with stock rims, that's what I drove. I wanted rims and a body kit but couldn't afford to do it RIGHT. So I drove it stock...

Now that I can easily afford to do up my cars, I do it wholeheartedly. I don't cut corners because if I have to, then I shouldn't be doing it all...even on the installations, if I don't think of my shop hook-ups can do the job right, I'll PAY someone else who I know will do it right.
Old 03-27-01, 02:41 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Bravo...

Originally posted by manaray
gsnav, you hit the nail on the head...

If you can't afford a full body kit (usually in the $2500 and up range), then buy a add-on kit ($1000 range)...and honestly, if you can't afford to buy even an add-on kit, maybe you shouldn't be fixing up your car and instead, should be putting your money elsewhere...(like a mutual fund or some other investment)

Manaray:

what's the difference between a full bodykit and an add-on bodykit? You're talking about just front ilp and rear skirt as the add-on instead of bumper replacements?
Old 03-27-01, 05:02 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

GlobeCLK:
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Full Kits (bumper replacements) tend to cost considerably more than lip kits. Plus the install is easier so the labor cost less...

There are also ummm..."Fuller" body kits (?!)...ones with doorcaps, fender flares, etc. to full on wide body kits like the one below (for the ls)...

Attached Thumbnails gs body kit-1.jpg  
Old 03-27-01, 05:10 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that Crux front bumper, i hope to get that with veilside sides and rear and the crux front. but i'm only 15, my preferences will probobly change maybe i'll always have the veilside pieces and gradually change the front bumpers from aggresive to subtle, huh!
Old 03-27-01, 06:06 PM
zz231
Pole Position

easy there guys. i wasn't being cheap. i was just saying that if there is no big difference between the kits then why not save a few thousand dollars. i don't find my money on the street you know. and it doesn't matter if you're driving a $10000 car or a $60000 car, saving money is still a good thing last i heard.
i don't want to put crappy stuff on my car but at the same time i dont want to spend thousands more than i have to just because i drive an expensive car.
i can afford both the cheap and the expensive kits, but i have to be convinced by the people who sell them that they're worth the extra money. does that make sense anyone?
Old 03-28-01, 12:02 AM
GSAristo
Driver

zz231,

I see your point. Why pay more if you can get the same quality for less? Just because we drive a Lexus doesn't always mean we have to always pay more. Remember that alot of times you do end up paying for the name too. One example, my buddy got the Veilside sides and rear. Sure it fit better than a copy, but it still had to be modified to "fit correctly". No offense to my buddy, but the rear-center tends to flap at freeway speeds. So it's the installation that makes a big difference too!

My 2-cents... I would suggest that you go with a kit that fits your taste and your vision of your car. Remember, you'll be the one driving it after all! But also remember that, with modifying cars, you have to have patience. You can waste a lot of money by cutting corners or rushing to get things done. I can tell you lots of stories about that. That's why I've spent over 6 months looking for the "right" body kit myself!

Well, I wish you the best of luck in your search!
Old 03-28-01, 12:34 AM
zz231
Pole Position

thanks al2jzge, it's not the money that makes me mad, it's the fact that we're expected to pay more just for the fact that we drive an expensive car. and to be honest, and i hope this doesn't **** anybody off, alot of it is our own fault. we happily go and over pay for a lot of stuff for our expensive cars just because of the image that we're trying to keep. well, i'm a down to earth kind of guy. i still remember when i didn't have any money, and now that i do have it, i didn't change. it's the princible, i don't like to over pay for anything just cause i'm driving a lexus, makes me feel like a moran. i'm a little off the subject here i know, sorry guys.

Quick Reply: gs body kit