GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

top of motor is leaking ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-19, 05:12 PM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=BiGEZ;10460767]There are some seals in the valve cover the goes around the spark plugs, these get hardened over time due to heat and cause oil to leak into you spark plug wells.
Part number for the Toyota seals are: 11193-70010, you will need 8 of these.
Be sure to clean as much of the oil out of the wells before you remove the plugs.[/QUOTE

once i clean out everything and install the new spark plugs and the spark plug seals would i need new coils also ??
Old 03-07-19, 05:28 PM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Desacatao
hmm that would make sense but how am i getting oil in my spark plugs ? i pulled the coil off and it was drenched in oil which is why my crank sensor went bad since i was having to much electricity running into the spark plugs , i mean thats what my mechanic said . once i change my spark plugs and get the oil out of there my car should start so ima start there and see whats going on once i clean the motor . but i will be checking where is my power steering pump leaking from also . Again i appreciate all the help and input your giving me brother .
As per others, sounds that you should replace all seals on the valve covers... do remember, these cars are approaching 20yrs in age...!

That sounds to be the outer seal (on the edge), and the inner seal (around the plugs), and any other seal, such as something such as a pcv, valve, etc.

At this age, oil seals and suspension bushings are the first to go....
Old 03-08-19, 10:03 AM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sbagdon
As per others, sounds that you should replace all seals on the valve covers... do remember, these cars are approaching 20yrs in age...!

That sounds to be the outer seal (on the edge), and the inner seal (around the plugs), and any other seal, such as something such as a pcv, valve, etc.

At this age, oil seals and suspension bushings are the first to go....
im going to look into which seals are bad and attack them one by one while i can , im trying to build my car slowly but surely . for now im going to focus on cleaning the motor up and changing the plug seals and go from there . i have already changed the suspension , front ball joints , got my camber kit but still missing some to buy the rest of it ... its expensive lol , want to get the diff bushings and all other bushings i can buy to make sure the car is running right . Funny thing is i bought the car as a daily and it turned into a project now i need another daily
Old 03-08-19, 10:28 AM
silverbul
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Change the valve cover gasket along with the spark plug seals and that'll solve your oil leak. I recently did mine. If you know what you doing you can have it done in a few hours
Old 03-08-19, 10:39 AM
Desacatao
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by silverbul
Change the valve cover gasket along with the spark plug seals and that'll solve your oil leak. I recently did mine. If you know what you doing you can have it done in a few hours

will do so , i looked a youtube vid and it doesnt seem hard i just need the correct tools and all but deff going to do so cause i need my car running and with no problems .