GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

None of my window switches work

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-19, 09:19 AM
BlkBob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default None of my window switches work

Hello none if my window switchs work. All motors are good and checked all fuses. Not sure where to go from here.
Old 03-21-19, 06:43 PM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 464 Likes on 378 Posts

So how did this issue happen? Just poof, one day working, the next day, all aren't? Or did you buy the car this way (None working), or did they stop working one by one? If the first, then yes, it will likely not be a motor/regulator issue. Where did you check for fuses? Inside the car, under the hood, both? This sounds like a blown fuse or failed relay. If you bought the car this way, you can have any number of possible issues. If they failed one by one, then it will be more likely motor issues.

Need a little more info from you. And also, how do you know all the motors are good? Are you saying you've powered each window down and up past it's switch?
Old 03-21-19, 11:16 PM
BlkBob
Driver School Candidate

Recently picked up a 99 gs300. Driver window switch was bad upon purchase. The drivers window was asking about a third the way down. All other windows operate fine. Attempted to jump the motor to get the window up. Nothing, but noticed now none of the windows work. Not even by their own switches...... New switch arrives, installed.....nothing still. Replace driver's motor. Windows will all operate only with the key at the drivers kock. Still noting from any switches. Don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-21-19, 11:20 PM
BlkBob
Driver School Candidate

Forgot to add that I also tried to jump it from the connector to the drivers switch. I assume that where I friend something. But can't find any relays. Closest info I get is very little about a multiplex module. But it's in the door.
Old 03-22-19, 05:12 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

If they were all working until you put power through the switch wiring, you probably did fry something. But there still should be a fuse to protect these parts.. I'm not all that familiar with the system. I'll look into some things and get back to you. In the mean time, I would try disconnecting the battery and clearing/resetting everything by holding the positive and negative cable ends together for a few seconds. You may get something to reset.
Old 03-22-19, 07:07 AM
BlkBob
Driver School Candidate

Thanks I will try that. I have gone thru every fuse in the vehicle. What I cannot find is a relay. But I aslo heard there was no relay and that it was controlled by some multiplex box thing in the door. Which I have pulled and replaced also. But I got it from the u pull it so it could be bad also.
Old 03-23-19, 06:18 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

All the switch does is ground the circuit for either up or down movement. Even if the window only moved 1mm when you press on the switch, that would tell you it's not a switch issue. I don't know that the multiplex unit ever really has issues, but it may now that you send power down the wire(s). But it's likely the motor/actuator that was the original issue. These have issues where they start doing things like going up, then back down on their own, or not all the way. They can be difficult to "learn" too. There is a procedure a lot of toyotas/lexus have to turn the key on, hold down, key off, back on, hold up.. yadda yadda. Cant remember the steps. But sounds like your actuating device for the left front was the original issue. And I think its part of the motor on these cars. Not sure what blew when you powered through the wiring though. You'll have to get that sorted out first.
Old 03-25-19, 06:01 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Might have blown the MPX controller in the driver's door... not sure of the debug procedures, yet that would be a good place to start.
Old 03-25-19, 06:44 AM
BlkBob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Might have blown the MPX controller in the driver's door... not sure of the debug procedures, yet that would be a good place to start.
Replaced that all ready. But it did come from a u-pull it. There is one in each door. Do you know if any one can cause all not to work?