GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Varrstoen es6 19x9.5+0 19x11+0 will they fit!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-19, 08:46 PM
PNWMachine
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Varrstoen es6 19x9.5+0 19x11+0 will they fit!?

I couldn’t find anything on these specific wheels. I don’t know much about the back spacing nor can I confirm any photos on the internet of being truly that size. I want the wheels to sit very flush. If a roll is necessary I’ll make it happen. I just want to make sure I’m not going to be poking way to far. Does anyone have an idea? I could also run a +15/+12 offset. I’m still pretty green with wheel fitment.
Old 06-14-19, 07:23 AM
firelizard

Received 439 Likes on 348 Posts

Luckily, there's about half a dozen threads about wheel fitment with a plethora of information, including what does and does not fit, what it looks like, how to make things fit, and what the numbers mean.
Old 06-14-19, 10:59 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by firelizard
Luckily, there's about half a dozen threads about wheel fitment with a plethora of information, including what does and does not fit, what it looks like, how to make things fit, and what the numbers mean.
Next time including some links to said threads would be helpful to the OP and anyone else that happens upon this thread.

Old 06-14-19, 11:05 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Originally Posted by PNWMachine
I couldn’t find anything on these specific wheels. I don’t know much about the back spacing nor can I confirm any photos on the internet of being truly that size. I want the wheels to sit very flush. If a roll is necessary I’ll make it happen. I just want to make sure I’m not going to be poking way to far. Does anyone have an idea? I could also run a +15/+12 offset. I’m still pretty green with wheel fitment.
I would start by doing some reading and watching some videos to get familuar with all the wheel fitment terms and their meanings. There are some great reasources out there on Youtube and other sites.

Then you can read the 2GS Wheel width/offset/size and tire fitment Q&A thread.

If you are not interested in researching and learning all this and just want someone to do it for you, which is perfectly fine and the most common way people buy wheels, contact Varrstoenor visit a wheel retailer. They will be able to tell you what fits and sell it to you.
Old 06-14-19, 12:05 PM
firelizard

Received 439 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Debonair
Next time including some links to said threads would be helpful to the OP and anyone else that happens upon this thread.

There's a stuck thread for the FAQ, there's a stuck thread for wheel and suspension information, and other threads that should be pinned or added to the FAQ as well.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

I think being respectful of the people who've taken the time to answer these questions and create resources for newcomers would help re-establish a sense of community, instead of treating the forum like Google. People ask wheel fitment questions every single week. Every week. I wrote up a post about tire sizes and in the same week, two people made new threads asking questions that I specifically made a post to answer. Quality information constantly gets pushed to the back pages by people asking questions without even attempting to see if they've been answered, or they see that there's a lot of information, elect not to read it, and ask someone else to pick out the relevant parts and sum it up for them.

Last edited by firelizard; 06-14-19 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-14-19, 01:24 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Originally Posted by firelizard
There's a stuck thread for the FAQ, there's a stuck thread for wheel and suspension information, and other threads that should be pinned or added to the FAQ as well.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

I think being respectful of the people who've taken the time to answer these questions and create resources for newcomers would help re-establish a sense of community, instead of treating the forum like Google. People ask wheel fitment questions every single week. Every week. I wrote up a post about tire sizes and in the same week, two people made new threads asking questions that I specifically made a post to answer. Quality information constantly gets pushed to the back pages by people asking questions without even attempting to see if they've been answered, or they see that there's a lot of information, elect not to read it, and ask someone else to pick out the relevant parts and sum it up for them.
Let me know what you think we should add to the FAQ and if it fits we'll get it done. I try to add helpful threads as I encounter them but i'm sure I miss a few.

If you diagree with guidelines presented in the 2GS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the 2Gen GS forum thread post there, or let DaveGS4 know. Otherwise please follow the guidelines its presents or simply elect not to post to threads like this were a new member is looking for direction.

Last edited by Debonair; 06-14-19 at 02:03 PM.