GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

lexus spoiler.any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-03 | 01:54 PM
SANJAY
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus spoiler.any ideas?

I'm looking to buy a spoiler for my gs

found a place called spoiler depot

they have two different spoilers available
one is fiberglass and i do not know what the other is made of.
the fiberglass spoiler is dearer than the other .
any feedback on which one i should buy or any other suggestions on purchasing a spoiler
thanks
Old 08-12-03 | 03:14 PM
AROD
Pole Position

Try some of the guys on the venders list. Carson Toyo. Lexus grill.com has some good pictures of wings.
Old 08-12-03 | 04:42 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

SANJAY: I will help you get started with some websites to check out spoilers however if you use our "Search Feature" up top, you will get more info. Plus check out the galleries for ideas for spoilers.

www.wingswest.com
www.veilside.com
www.rodmillenstore.com
Old 08-12-03 | 07:27 PM
raq
Driver

Is this the site you are looking at? spoilerdepot Has anyone dealt with them. It seems the have the SD design rear lip for pretty cheap. Compared to around 1000 bucks from Lexus.
Old 08-13-03 | 05:48 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Default I'm loving this!

Thanks for the awesome link to that SD's spoiler, I LOVE IT.... Thinking of buying it today....
AGH SWEET price too
Old 08-13-03 | 06:14 AM
SANJAY
Driver School Candidate

Default spoiler

spoiler depot also sell on ebay and seem to have a very strong positive feedback.
their prices just seem to low compared to other vendors.
that sports edition spoiler is hundreds less than other sites.
is this place to good to be true ?
any past purchasers out there ?
Old 08-13-03 | 06:57 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Default Spoiler Depot

Be careful with Spoiler depot, one of the wings I looked at a while back was an OEM-Type spoiler that a friend had orderd KEYWORD there is "type". It was an OEM look-a-like alright, just 10% smaller than stock so it didn't go end to end across the trunk lid. It looked really goofy when placed on the car.

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
Old 08-13-03 | 07:28 AM
apatel
Pole Position

I agree with Johnny Mo...stay away from Spoiler depot. I bought a factory-style spoiler from them and although it was the right size and fit well, it was made of a very cheap grade of fiberglass. The spoiler feels very flimsy, especially the center section and shakes like crazy when shutting the trunk. Also when driving on the highway, the spoiler vibrates a lot...you can see it shaking in the rear view mirror. It was a big mistake buying from Spoiler Depot. Do your self a favor and get the spoiler from Carson or any other Lexus dealer if you want factory-style. Try to visually inspect the spoiler before buying if possible.

Last edited by apatel; 08-13-03 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-13-03 | 07:39 AM
raq
Driver

Did you buy these spoilers painted? What was their paint quality like? I understand about the vibration and such but what if you were buying the rear SD style lip? Then there wouldn't be any parts to vibrate or flap around. If the paint quality is good, and its a lip so its stable, the right size etc. Then would it be a good buy? Do you really need a polyurethane lip?

Last edited by raq; 08-13-03 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-13-03 | 08:07 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

I am currently dealing with a company in So. Cal that does a lot of Lexus dealer installs/custom work with spoilers, sunroofs, electronics, etc...(actually Lexus referred me to them after they realized the factory price for the SD Spoiler) and they are in the process of making the SportDesign rear spoiler in polyurethane. As soon as I get to actually see the finished product, I will post some pics (I am making the plunge to buy a digital camera) and more info.

I don't know if I would trust spoiler depot...especially when they use the Lexus SD photo to market their product. They should at least have some pics and dimensions of it by itself or on a car that doesn't come with the factory '03 SD color (Black, Graphite, or White). I would prefer to always see the product first and try it out on my car...Carson Toyota will let you do that kind of stuff all day...probably why I am shying away from the TTE small rear spoiler (needs to be bent into shape to fit perfect).

Good luck with spoiler depot...let us know how it works out.
Old 08-13-03 | 01:20 PM
limoZeen
Driver School Candidate

SD spoilers are pretty expensive for what you get.
Old 08-13-03 | 05:46 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

what spoilers do you like

I personally think that the standard spoiler already looks very nice.

or the C-One

or the Veilside is also nice

Alex

Last edited by HKGS300; 08-13-03 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-20-03 | 09:11 PM
raq
Driver

Picked up a S/D rear lip from Spoilerdepot. Not too bad I dont think...................

Last edited by raq; 08-21-03 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-21-03 | 05:35 AM
Letsride

Raq ...is the color really that much off or is it the camera? How do you like the fit / finish?
Old 08-21-03 | 06:13 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Question I hope it's the camera!

I hope it's the camera that gives the different color! Could you try to take another picture when the car out in the sunlight? Thanks, otherwise, it looks decent!

Quick Reply: lexus spoiler.any ideas?