GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-03, 05:05 PM
rz_racer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS interior questions

I was looking at a Spectra Blue Mica GS300/400 and was looking to clear up some facts...

Was this color was only available in 1998 and then from 2001 on? I like the old style tail lights, so does that mean I should be narrowing my search to just 1998 models?

What interior colors were available with this for this exterior color? I know black is rare and ivory is really just tan, but was a grey interior actually available for this car? I once saw one which I thought had white interior but that could have been the grey, or somebody could have re-upholstered the interior.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-12-03, 07:39 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: GS interior questions

Originally posted by rz_racer
I like the old style tail lights, so does that mean I should be narrowing my search to just 1998 models?
You can swap out the tails. I am sure someone with the old tail lights would swap with you (+ $ even ). If you find a newer car you like, don't limit yourself because of the tail lights.
Old 08-12-03, 08:03 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Correct me if I"m wrong, but I believe the Spectra Blue is only available in 1998 and 1999 model. I have one (lucky) with tan interior and grey dashboard. The new style taillight was available on 2001 model, along with the awesome green tinted headlight housings (HOT). So for you to look for a Spectra Blue, then YES, you will limit your availability to 98-99 model. Taillights, dude, you can buy them on ebay or here. I have one set myself. if you want to swap out/trade with me that would great dude....

Again, Spectra Blue is super rare... Good luck and let us know about your quest to the GS!
Old 08-12-03, 09:45 PM
Alewifebp
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Spectra Blue Mica with tan interior myself, so ti was available. But, a very rare color indeed. I believe the gray was available, but probably had to be special ordered, which is like pulling teeth at most Lexus dealerships.

Come October, I will be turning my car in, but am looking to sell it if it makes financial sense. I'm in Northern NJ, so maybe we can talk .
Old 08-12-03, 09:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

spectra blue mica is from 98 to 00. when it was 00 you had to order the color already
Old 08-13-03, 04:47 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the spectra blue GS 400 with both the new GS430 greenish headlights and newer style tailights. The green tint on the headlights looks very nice against the spectra blue background. I also have the tan interior.
Like Rominl said....only availalbe on GS300/400 from 98-00 models. After that they went to a dark blue color called onyx sapphire blue ...looks almost black.
Old 08-13-03, 08:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DrewGS4
I have the spectra blue GS 400 with both the new GS430 greenish headlights and newer style tailights. The green tint on the headlights looks very nice against the spectra blue background. I also have the tan interior.
Like Rominl said....only availalbe on GS300/400 from 98-00 models. After that they went to a dark blue color called onyx sapphire blue ...looks almost black.
yup, and spectra blue looks so much better
Old 08-13-03, 08:39 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
yup, and spectra blue looks so much better
as always i have 2 agree with u guys.

i've never seen the gray interior on a spetra blue but know they made it. the tan stands out nice. hey drew do u have a pic of the newer green hue lights, i was thinking of swapping them out thorugh a hook up my friend has at the dealer but wasn't sure if it would match up well. cus i've never seen it. blue rules!!
Old 08-13-03, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by bluelex
as always i have 2 agree with u guys.

i've never seen the gray interior on a spetra blue but know they made it. the tan stands out nice. hey drew do u have a pic of the newer green hue lights, i was thinking of swapping them out thorugh a hook up my friend has at the dealer but wasn't sure if it would match up well. cus i've never seen it. blue rules!!
socalsc4 he has the grey interior, looks very nice too. and if you think grey is hard to find, try one with black interior. it's so hard to find
Old 08-13-03, 08:48 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

socalsc4 he has the grey interior, looks very nice too. and if you think grey is hard to find, try one with black interior. it's so hard to find
ah man i'm glad u mentioned that cus i was thinking of doing that 4 next sure but wasn't sure if i would get flamed so thinking it . i love the blue is300 with the black interior. what do u think rom?
Old 08-13-03, 10:48 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is starting to turn into a SM Blue GS love-in.
Old 08-13-03, 11:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ah man i'm glad u mentioned that cus i was thinking of doing that 4 next sure but wasn't sure if i would get flamed so thinking it . i love the blue is300 with the black interior. what do u think rom?
umm... i kinda think different. i agree that blue is3 with black interior is sick, very nice combo. however would i get it? definitely no. why? it's all coz' of my spectra blue gs4. the way i see it is, if i already own this color, why should i own it again and not try something else?

so when i was shopping for my is3, i was thinking all colors except blue. i thought about white, but they don't have white with 5 speed. so the next was graphite just imagine parking a blue is3 next to your blue gs. i think it would be a bit too boring that's just me of course

so far all the cars i have own: burgundy camry le, black acura tl-s, blue gs4, graphite is3. next car? we have decided to get white
Old 08-13-03, 01:10 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

umm... i kinda think different. i agree that blue is3 with black interior is sick, very nice combo. however would i get it? definitely no. why? it's all coz' of my spectra blue gs4. the way i see it is, if i already own this color, why should i own it again and not try something else?

so when i was shopping for my is3, i was thinking all colors except blue. i thought about white, but they don't have white with 5 speed. so the next was graphite just imagine parking a blue is3 next to your blue gs. i think it would be a bit too boring that's just me of course

so far all the cars i have own: burgundy camry le, black acura tl-s, blue gs4, graphite is3. next car? we have decided to get white
i think i wrote it wrong, i wasn't thinking of getting a blue is300 . i was thinking of next summer mayb changing my gs's interior 2 black with the black wood combo ...everything inside cieling ,dash, rugs and all like the is300 has..4 next yr mayb. my bad, it was wriiten wrong..but i think it will look very nice and different, whacha think...i couldn't find pics of the grey interior u mentioned ...

Last edited by bluelex; 08-13-03 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-13-03, 02:32 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I searched for a Spectra Blue Metallic GS400 for a little over a year- I found several, but I never encountered one with black interior. I finally found a Spectra Blue on grey 2000 in Arizona. This color combo is SWEET (yes, I am biased), the original owner special ordered the car in this combination. It has everything except Navigation.

I think the Spectra Blue on Black would look sweet- a friend of mine said if I bought that combination, he would call my car "The Bruiser." I can see his point...
Old 08-13-03, 04:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i think i wrote it wrong, i wasn't thinking of getting a blue is300 . i was thinking of next summer mayb changing my gs's interior 2 black with the black wood combo ...everything inside cieling ,dash, rugs and all like the is300 has..4 next yr mayb. my bad, it was wriiten wrong..but i think it will look very nice and different, whacha think...i couldn't find pics of the grey interior u mentioned ...
ohoh, sorry sorry. yeah that would be sweet. it would be a lot of work to convert everything to black though isn't it? but trust me it's worth the work

hey bob, reply me reply me

Quick Reply: GS interior questions