GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Does your GS get all the girls?
Always
35.71%
Sometimes
35.71%
Never
28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

BIG Pimping it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-03 | 02:49 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

i'm not the pimpin' type of guy, so i drive with my windows up unless its real nice outside.

but where i live, everyone is too proud of their honda to look at my car directly. or they'll linger in the blind spot for some reason when its clear they wanna fly by
Old 08-24-03 | 08:23 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Straight6
i never bring up what i have when i meet gurls..
it's up to them to find out if they're really interested...
ofcourse they sweat it when they see it.. and it's aalll good.

Its true, I remember a year ago, when I was finishing college I had to go to a museum for a class project and I knew my classmates for around a year (a year long course). I never mentioned at all about what i drive or even the topic about cars. When I pulled up to the museum parking lot, they were like "WHOA" "WTF"? . Then all of sudden they started treating me differently, like I was Mr Money Man or something. The key is NOT to brag about the GS, let them find out for themselves.

Also, there are 11 people who voted that they NEVER get attention or what not. How is that possible?! Unless you drive 3am or something j/k. Even a stock GS still gets looks !
Old 08-24-03 | 11:57 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Last night I was at a party at my friends place and this guy and these girls were hanging out next to my car when I was a good bit away. The guy started to lean on my car like 'he' owned it - so I proceeded to turn on the alarm and tell him to stay the crap away from my car

The GS 'can' help, yes.
Old 08-26-03 | 08:49 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

I cant stand when people stand to close, lean, or touch your car like its nothing especially b'cuz its black I hate finger prints I would've done the same thing brendalim but maybe not as nice
Old 08-26-03 | 09:39 AM
sxwk12
Driver

I thought that would happen when I got the car but it hasn't yet. Well, I don't see people staring as much as they did with my Maxima http://www.cardomain.com/id/sxwk12. Of course, if you click the link, you can see that the Maxima was hooked up. Lowered, ground effects, 17" rims, green crush velvet and white leather interior. I had everyone sweatin' me then. Now, they just look and that's about it. Maybe they do stare, but I just don't notice since I am so used to them just gawking over the Maxima.

But the girls that I do know, they sweat it like crazy. I have gotten to the point also, where I am tired of people saying, "Ooh, Sidney drives a Lexus."

I went to the club on New Year's Eve and before we went in, I asked this girl standing outside how much was it to get in. She said, " Does it really matter to you? You are driving a Lexus."

Sidney

Last edited by sxwk12; 08-26-03 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-26-03 | 11:25 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Im sorry bro but i cant see why They wouldnt stare at your LEX but would stare a you MAX I know that even though I own a lexus im still looking out for them
Old 08-31-03 | 10:55 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Default Re: BIG Pimping it?

Originally posted by gs3blk2k1
I was just wondering..

how many of you guys get the chick's attention because of your GS?

from my experience its not really "hey hunny wanna ride?"
its more like once i meet a girl they'll love me even more because of it.

whats your opinion or experience?
LMAO. Steve, I get the same feeling.
Old 12-14-04 | 07:32 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

blah ... im suave dont need the GS to get the ladies.
Old 12-14-04 | 08:44 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

all i get is stares from the ladies, haters, and the hater's girls. But then i look over to my right and see my girl sitting next to me

Last edited by mikeyboy; 12-15-04 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-14-04 | 09:01 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by D-MAN63
The key is NOT to brag about the GS, let them find out for themselves.

Andy, i couldnt agree with you more my friend... actually, i HATE when girls ask what kind of car i drive b/c i dont wonna say its a Lex... i always try to change the subject before i tell them. but yea, girls DEFINITELY jock the GS
Old 12-15-04 | 04:32 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

yesterday was proof that the GS attracts the attention of the female persuasion

I was dropping off my rental at enterprise and some hot spanish chick was checking me out of the jeep. She asked if I needed a ride to the bodyshop where my GS was at and I naturally said yes.

As she drove me back, she asked what I had and I told her, and she was like "wow that's very nice"

when we pulled up to the shop, she saw my GS with my NT2SHBBY plates and instantly a big grin came upon her face.

Needless to say, I tossed her my business card with my cell # on it. We'll wait and see if she bites
Old 12-15-04 | 06:51 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

The GS is just icing on the cake..... I never let them know what i drive. They have to be able to see it for themselves in order for them to find out. I also down play it, when they say nice car..... im like..."Yeah, it gets me from point A to B". Then it gets better as I see their eyes fixed on the Navi screen, and i "Change radio stations" "Wow touchscreen?!" love it when they say that!!!
Old 12-15-04 | 07:09 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BigMoNYC
The GS is just icing on the cake..... I never let them know what i drive. They have to be able to see it for themselves in order for them to find out. I also down play it, when they say nice car..... im like..."Yeah, it gets me from point A to B". Then it gets better as I see their eyes fixed on the Navi screen, and i "Change radio stations" "Wow touchscreen?!" love it when they say that!!!

I bet they love it when you say "And that's not the only thing you can touch, either "
Old 12-15-04 | 07:10 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

It definitely doesnt hurt...but here is the problem in my town...

I have actually had girls ask me why I have a Lexus and not a Porsche or BMW etc. I get sooooo angry when they make comments like that because it proves how shallow chicks in my city can be...The reason is because there are sooo many little rich boys with mommy and daddy money that girls actually think everybody can afford or should want an expensive car even though its made like *****...my immediate response is "what kind of car do you drive? - would you like to make my E55 AMG payment?"

But for the record - the car is never the cake...it definitely adds to the icing though
Old 12-15-04 | 08:20 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Just wondeing why this thread was brought back to life... ha.

Must have been a search for "big pimpin"

Quick Reply: BIG Pimping it?