GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pix

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-03, 05:12 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I take it no one likes the wheels? Heh heh, it's all good. I think I'll keep em. Thanks everyone for the comments, good and bad. Alexus, do you mean "strobe" lights? Maybe for the night shows and indoor ones too. And I was looking at those wheels before too, but I saw them on too many different cars, not just the GS, so I was looking for something different. Bit, I forgot about the exhausts!! Thanks for the reminder. I'll post those soon. AROD, the color is a gold/orange pearl, 3 coats with 2coats of clear on top.
Old 09-06-03, 07:09 PM
LexFather

Hey ya'll Veritek's ride is SHOW QUALITY. Not a scratch on the car. I met him when the car had the 20s and no kit and the car was Cinnebar. Now the car is custom painted with the kit etc etc etc. Much props to him, he took his time and did a great job, going to shows REPPING LEXUS and winning Trophies REPPING LEXUS. To this day, it is still RARE to see a Lexus in any car show. Not only that Veritek is an awesome guy. At HIS car clubs car show, he let ALL OF US park in front and not pay any entrance fees to be in the show.

Emerald, no hi-jacking
we can check out your car in your thread.

Veritek
Old 09-07-03, 06:23 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Hey Sick, thanks for the mad props. It's good to see people going crazy over a show prepped Lexus at the car shows, even though it's not suprising. It's a Lexus after all, right people?
Old 09-07-03, 06:48 AM
legendary
Racer

I agree, Bing is a really cool guy. And, as I said before , Diversity is the spice of life. However, I WOULD LOVE to see that car with either some 1) chrome or brushed aluminum HRE/I-forged or 2) body colored 3-piece I-forged.

That would set it off.
Mark my words

Good job, Bing. I know it takes cajones to do anything to your car that is out of the norm
Old 09-07-03, 11:36 AM
rkytop_bob
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, the wheels must go.....................
Old 09-07-03, 10:25 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

With sugar coating. " Great lookin ride and the wheels give it a unique touch".
Without sugar coating. " Great lookin ride but what were you thinkin when you put those ugly pimpin rims on it?".

DT
Old 09-08-03, 12:10 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Leon, thanks. Yeah, I know the GS would definitely look good with those choices too, but not until I'm done with the show scene. I still might show even when I change it up with performance mods and wheels. Downtown, you crack me up. You don't need to sugar coat nuthin man. I'm a big boy. I can take it. Besides, all the posts have been mature criticisms. No teenage riceboys here. That's what I love about Club Lexus and Lexus owners in general. People with a love for cars and good taste and not afraid to speak their mind. As for the wheels, they are over the top to many people, but I love the looks of adoration I get from most folks, but I love the looks of disgust I see on some people's faces even more, I just bust out laughing. It's just hilarious to see the range of facial expressions. I just want to spread the joy, heheh. All I wanted was a full face chrome wheel that was something I liked and were show quality and these are it. It took me over a year to find this set of wheels because I didn't like most of the wheels out there. My wheel guy is a car nut too, and he was really patient with me and I finally settled on the Enkei Gattlings, a multi-piece show quality wheel, but no longer available, so he showed me these new Alba Battles last year that were just coming out and I was hooked. Well, that's my wheel story. Sorry for the long post. I think this is my longest post. Can ya tell I'm bored?
Old 09-08-03, 12:12 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Hey Rkytop, the do go, they go "bling-bling!!!" Haha, jp
Old 09-08-03, 05:53 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

Hey! I like your attitude.

Your ride looks great and if that's what you had in mind for wheels and ya like em. All the more power to you!

What's going to be your choice in rims?

DT
Old 09-08-03, 09:37 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

You should chrome out the grille. It will go better with the chrome wheels. Then get your drop on!!!!!!
Old 09-09-03, 11:28 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Hey Sandrock, you read my mind. I actually like the stock grill over all the other aftermarket ones out there. Go figure. I figure the chromed grull will match well with the headlights and wheels. Now I just gotta find the post that tells me how to do it. I saw it a couple months back, but now I have to find it again. Downtown, I want to go with a staggered deep dish set up, always loved the deep dish look, especially on the GS.
Old 09-09-03, 11:50 AM
LexFather

veritek, I still have my chrome grill. I'll let u put it on first so you can see how it looks before you chrome yours out. Also, please check the thread I started over at SELOC where you will give us tips on show car moves for NOPI.
Old 09-09-03, 04:51 PM
cjnmel
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Old 09-10-03, 06:49 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Cool Mike. Did you chrome it yourself?
Old 09-12-03, 06:18 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Drop me a PM when you are ready to do it. I did mine a while ago. I know a quck way and I have a special technique if you want to chrome the entire grille. Here is a old CL pics of it.
Attached Thumbnails Pix-rt-side-grill.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pix