GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

very depress -- my gs4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-03 | 06:41 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Very sorry to hear about your mishap Henry.

I hope everything turns out for the better in the end. I am not sure how I would react in a situation like this, but you clearly demonstrated an enormous amount of maturity and restraint .
Old 09-11-03 | 07:08 AM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

hang in there henry, before you know it, you will have your baby back from the insurance the way it used to be...
Old 09-11-03 | 07:52 AM
99GS300
Pole Position

sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad there were no injuries.

You have to be VERY careful when handling this situation with insurance. Parking lot accidents are difficult to prove who is at fault. My wife was in our GS last June, and was backing out of a parking space at her office. She was3//4 out of the space, and had stopped the car to put it into drive. She got hit by a large truck, a contractor who was doiing landscaping hit her with his work truck. The drivers side of the trunk lid, tail light assembly, and some of the bumper were crushed badly. The driver of the truck spoke very little English, so my wife called our insurance and advised them of the accident. Long story short, the other drivers insurance denied the claim, our insurance paid to fix the car, and in the end, after almost 6 months of run around, the case went to an independant arbitrator. They found my wife at fault.

Even the Lexus dealer that fixed the car (Sewell here in Dallas), said that for my wife to have done $8k in damage to her car, she would have had to be going 30+ mph when she "backed" into the other car...

Just be careful, and good luck!
Old 09-11-03 | 08:02 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Hey that sucks! Sorry to hear about your car...I am always very careful when driving in a costco parking lot...way too many ignorant people who could care less about you, your car, and your loved ones...none-the-less a very dangerous place for a nice car! Next time park in the farthest two spots and hike it in...
Old 09-11-03 | 08:20 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Post her license plate here and we will do the bashing for you! Let's make this the central event in the NorCal meet. Swarms of Lexuses will "TERMINATE" her.

Sorry to hear about that. I also was almost hit last week by an inattentive girl. She even had the nerve to blurt "What the **CK" when she suddenly realized that she was heading towards my side door. Of course, she wasn't looking in the direction her car was going. Ahhhhhh!!!!
Old 09-11-03 | 08:22 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

dude... really sorry 2 hear about what happen, no one being hurt is always a good thing but tha car was touched so now i'm heated . good luck and i hope everthing is resolved quickly 4 u ....
Old 09-11-03 | 08:49 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

She had the nerve to ask why you took pictures? You know what, by law, any physical evident you can collect at the scene of the accident to help with the investigation is recommended. These photos will help the judge to decide whose fault it is. What a tweak she was! Driver needs to LOOK before back up!

I'm feeling Rom,

send my best to the family and your LEX.
Old 09-11-03 | 01:38 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Henty, hope all will end up ok!!
Sounds like one hell of a situation though, damn!!
Old 09-11-03 | 01:38 PM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

hey henry
sorry to hear about yout accident....hope everything will come out okay for you
Old 09-11-03 | 02:58 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

I have noticed a predilection for some folks who know they are wrong to take the offensive by yelling and cursing - it's their natural defense mechanism...

Henry - you did outstanding job in acting mature. I am sure your calmness pissed her off even more!

PM coming...

Brent
Old 09-11-03 | 05:26 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Henry I just read this......................I'm so sorry

If you need any assistance feel free to give me a call or PM.

Hope everything works out for you.
Old 09-11-03 | 05:52 PM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear that Rom.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive...Best of luck to you and your car.
Old 09-11-03 | 08:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

wow, you guys are awesome! one day and i get so many warm msg from you guys, this is very encouraging. i am going to meet with the adjuster next monday, so we will see how it goes. they said they still need to figure out who's fault it is (i respect that though, it's their job), and then it's about reparing the cars. so we will see how it goes... and to individuals:

gsintensive - thanks for the kind words wei! and also thanks for the offer, it's so nice of you! i still have the car and it's still very drivable, so i will drive it to the meet. imho it's not my (or my wife's) fault so there is nothing i have to hide, just make sure you guys don't keep on asking me what happened, haha...

DGOT20s - excellent observation dude, i am very impressed! when the lady said my wife jumped backward, i looked at my car and just laughed. like you said, there is almost NO mark at all on my car, just the whole door is dented in. if my wife was really in the JUMPING speed, there would be TONS of scratches on my door already. she really thinks i am an idiot in cars

99GS300 - great advice, i will definitely be very careful about what i say, etc... i will NOT give insurance a single chance to challenge me or my wife that it's our fault. it's 0% simple as that. i guess it's lucky that i got couple of witnesses willing to stand out and say the right thing. it means a lot.

KVA - trust me, if i wasn't THAT necessary, i will never go to costco during a weekend peak hours. i had my reasons to go there that day, and it happened. it's unbelievable...

whitels - actually, it happened in socal!!!!!!!!!! i was down there for my wedding and damn... thank god it was after the wedding otherwise... and hehe, i don't want to put myself in a bad situation, so i will try very hard to refrain myself from giving out her information. but for the record, with the help of teh cop, i got her number, address, policy number, name, licence, etc.... MWAAHHAHA

chuckisc - well, it ONLY makes sense for her to be scared and not want me take pics right? i wasn't that surprised

SUPRATRD - sure man, thanks for the help! i am not sure what parts i would need for the door, etc... if i need anything, i will definitely let you know. it's great to know someone to get parts, etc.. from

again thanks to everyone else for the support, you guys are awesome. i have to tell the truth though, i DID yelled, but it wasn't about the car. it was when she verbally insulted my wife that really got me mad. honestly if she was nice i would have no problem. i mean it's accident, no one wanted that to happen. even if she was ignorant it was ok, i could understand frustration. but she can NEVER insult my wife, no one, EVER. that's what made me mad
Old 09-11-03 | 09:38 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Just by reading your post make me want to choke that ******!!! Sorry to hear that...... Too bad you are in N. Cal. If you are in S. Cal maybe you can bring you GS down to my body shop and let me take a look at her....

Last edited by ATSOU; 09-11-03 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-11-03 | 10:29 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Henry..sorry to hear that..esp that "BIATCH"...i was once the "witness" of the same tyoe of accident..that is why whenever i am in the parking lot, i am sooocareful watching

Quick Reply: very depress -- my gs4 :(