GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

very depress -- my gs4 :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-03 | 12:27 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Hey rominl and MarkMac, there's a Ranch99 here in Atlanta. Didn't know they were a chain. But you guys are right, whether here or in Cali, Ranch99 is one place to stay away (I'm Chinese too, but gotta agree here, crazy Asians, haha). All it took was one shopping cart flying through the parking lot (didn't hit anything tho!!). Not just Ranch99, but any big parking lot I guess. Sorry to hear it rominl, but good to see you handle it the way you did. Hope things work out in your favor.
Old 09-15-03 | 12:30 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

At our local Ranch 99 I see a motorcycle cop parked at the 4 way stop at the entrance.

He's usually there at lunch time and boy does he have a field day.

I always park my car along the street and usually on the end so I don't get sandwiched.

PS - I'm Asian too.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-15-03 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-15-03 | 12:58 PM
The Ju1ce
Driver

daaaaamn,,, im so sorry man. dont you just wish you had like a portable tonya harding you could take around with you so when something like this comes up she could like pop out of your trunk and cripple the lady or something?

click on this link it might make you feel a little better

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/21/

Old 09-15-03 | 01:08 PM
usmarines
Driver

That sucks.--- but just to let you know in most states any damage to a vechile in private parking lot---- is not covered by the other insurance company--- pretty much your going to have to pay for the damages.

Ali
United States Marine Corps
Old 09-15-03 | 04:56 PM
aristo400
Rookie

Sometimes, (actually most of the time) I'm glad that the motorcycle cops are posted looking for all of the dumbass drivers at Ranch 99.

Originally posted by RMMGS4
At our local Ranch 99 I see a motorcycle cop parked at the 4 way stop at the entrance.

He's usually there at lunch time and boy does he have a field day.

I always park my car along the street and usually on the end so I don't get sandwiched.

PS - I'm Asian too.
Old 09-15-03 | 08:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

well don't mean to be OT, so try to stay on topic. for the cops, yes, milpitas is really bad in terms of cops, they want nothing but money. trust me on this one. but then, keep in mind, fremont is even worse. hate that, really hate that.

and about the pics, i can't find my camera so will have to find it before i can take pics @_@

talked to adjuster today, got estimate (around 2500 at least) and hopefully i will get the car fixed asap...
Old 09-15-03 | 08:56 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Default Re: always a judgement call

Originally posted by darkhorse
Hey LexusAristo:

Although insurance companies talk about "no fault" and "at fault" the fact of the matter is if you're involved in several mishaps, even if you were COMPLETELY and PROVABLY not at fault your risk in their eyes goes up.

An old friend of mine had some really back luck and her Golf was rear-ended TWICE in one year.

Guess what, her insurance went up!

Say what?

Yeah, there was no way she could've been at fault sitting at a red and getting bonked from behind right? But she claimed, and the second you're not "claims free" you are no longer a 6 or 7 star driver. Rate hike time!

Pathetic eh?

Anyway, the long and the short of it is use your judgement and your instincts. If it is clear that the repairs can be done for less than a grand and it's mainly cosmetic AND you are both willing to exchange all info (licensing and insuring) in case your relationship goes south PLUS you have a good feeling about the other party (I know you can be fooled) then maybe you can get away without calling in third parties (cops and banks). ALso, ensure the other party is in your district. If they live far away it can be difficult.

If you have ANY questions or suspicions and your VIBE is off about the other party then you MUST get third parties involved because you have to protect yourself at that point.

In my case we looked each other in the eye, kept communication every day constant until we shook on the agreement and the cars were repaired and the bills were paid.

There's no doubt in my mind that if we had gone to cops and banks both our insurance rates would have gone up more than what we paid out in repairs PLUS our records stayed clean.

Paul

99 GS400 BLACK ON BLACK
Thanks alot PAUL!!!
Old 09-16-03 | 01:51 AM
legendary
Racer

thats horrid Rom...

i hope she gets what she deserves on behalf of all of us who encounter people like that under less than perfect conditions

Good luck with getting the car together
Old 09-16-03 | 05:55 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear what happened. Some people like this "lady" you describe are so ignorant. I would of handled the situation exactly as you did. I just put a small disposable camera in all my cars just to be ready.
That "lady" has no idea on how much time and effort you must of put into getting your car the way it is now.
Old 09-16-03 | 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Sorry to hear what happened. Some people like this "lady" you describe are so ignorant. I would of handled the situation exactly as you did. I just put a small disposable camera in all my cars just to be ready.
That "lady" has no idea on how much time and effort you must of put into getting your car the way it is now.
haha thanks drew, i am sure she has no idea at all. she seems like the idiot of idiots on cars anyway, can't even recognize my car in a parking lot?! man, it's not like i am driving another stock camry