GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2002 GS 300 wont start, has spark, new fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-24, 11:04 AM
JoeDirt
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoods801
My mistake, the way this thread read it sounded like u were getting ahead of yourself. I just reread everything and still think it’s more likely a fuel issue. Even if multiple sensors weren’t connected, I can see it still starting up, but running poorly in open loop. Have you had any luck confirming that fuel is reaching the cylinders? The new fuel pump? Was it GS300 specific? A few people in the past purchased generic pumps cause they look pretty much identical, except for the output on the pump is a different style. So it turns on but doesn’t built any pressure in the fuel system. And can be difficult to diagnose.
My car has left me scratching my head a few times and I have become pretty good using the Advanced Search feature to dig through all the old threads. After 23 years, it would seem any possible problem has already come up, and been solved. And I love it when I find the solution to my problem without having to throw parts at my car to no avail. So even though it can bale time consuming and tedious, all the old threads can be a very valuable tool to have available. Good luck, and once you get it figured out, let us know what was the culprit and solution.
This is an old thread, but it sounds like something I'm going through.. Did you mess with fuel rail at all? Reason being is because that fuel line is solid, yet can be bent quite easily trying to maneuver it.. I wonder if yo have or had a crimp in it.. An unintentional one, but one none the less. It would explain your fuel pressure issue, and I know that the injectors wont fire without a certain amount of pressure. I'm about to rip out my intake again trying to find out why mine isn't firing, and that is going to be one of the first places I'm looking. I remember when I was reinstalling the fuel rail, trying to get that line seated properly was challenging, to the point where I was beginning to move things that I'm not sure should be moved like that. There was one point, where I can remember the line suddenly became easy to maneuver.. Hadn't been the case the entire time.. I ended up changing out the plugs, wires, and coils, along with rebuilding the injectors at the same time.. I now have a small fuel leak, at the end of the rail only, and the engine won't catch at all when turning over. So wish me luck, and I hope you got yours figured out..