GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: if it was a starting issue which would it mostly be?
alternator and or alternator wire
0%
starter or ignition
0%
fuel pump
100.00%
ground wire or spark plugs
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

1999 Lexus GS300 will NOT start PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-20, 07:37 PM
Mr2jz710
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 1999 Lexus GS300 will NOT start PLEASE HELP!!

: Edit i have not looked deeply into yet o have been super busy but am now making time for it, all i know is wrong with it is from what i wrote here down below, if you guys could just point me to where i should look into.

Hello i have a 1999 lexus gs300 2jz build and it has been sitting for a while, i tried starting this past spring. it was dead so i hooked up the cables with my portable car starter to get it started. it kinda sparked putting the cables onto the battery, it started up i had disconnected the cables so i could put air into the RR tire as i was doing this for about 5-10 mins the car shut off so i tried doing what i did the first time and this time as i tried the lights on the dash turned on at first but as i turned the key it sounded like it wanted to start from the fuel pump just pushing i didnt want to mess with it too much doing that but as i tried a few more times the dash lights cut off completely almost ALL the power in the car did, this time when i even put the key in all the power goes straight to the headlights/hazards (front lights, blinkers light is just still on dash) i can almost charge the battery for as long as i want and itll continue to do that. even after replacing the alternator fuse because it had popped at some point trying, finished replacing the 120v fuse with my uncle. tried starting it up and the fuse brand new fuse popped immediately still leaving the headlights on an the green blinker lights still on the dash as if the was a zombie. please if you could take the time to give this a read and help me out.. thank you guys appriceiate it!

Last edited by Mr2jz710; 12-28-20 at 07:42 PM. Reason: forgot to mention
Old 12-28-20, 09:21 PM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 464 Likes on 378 Posts

It's really hard to read your explanation. 3 times now and I have no idea what's going on now. What is it doing now? Cranking? Not cranking? Starting and dying? Sounds like it wont crank at this point if I understand.. we need a charged test result of the battery before we can go further. A really ***** battery won't take a charge or even jump. Verify a good battery and connections to start with.
Old 01-01-21, 01:47 PM
Queend1026
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr2jz710
: Edit i have not looked deeply into yet o have been super busy but am now making time for it, all i know is wrong with it is from what i wrote here down below, if you guys could just point me to where i should look into.

Hello i have a 1999 lexus gs300 2jz build and it has been sitting for a while, i tried starting this past spring. it was dead so i hooked up the cables with my portable car starter to get it started. it kinda sparked putting the cables onto the battery, it started up i had disconnected the cables so i could put air into the RR tire as i was doing this for about 5-10 mins the car shut off so i tried doing what i did the first time and this time as i tried the lights on the dash turned on at first but as i turned the key it sounded like it wanted to start from the fuel pump just pushing i didnt want to mess with it too much doing that but as i tried a few more times the dash lights cut off completely almost ALL the power in the car did, this time when i even put the key in all the power goes straight to the headlights/hazards (front lights, blinkers light is just still on dash) i can almost charge the battery for as long as i want and itll continue to do that. even after replacing the alternator fuse because it had popped at some point trying, finished replacing the 120v fuse with my uncle. tried starting it up and the fuse brand new fuse popped immediately still leaving the headlights on an the green blinker lights still on the dash as if the was a zombie. please if you could take the time to give this a read and help me out.. thank you guys appriceiate it!
it might be another fuse ... that kinda happened to me to and at first it was my fuel pump fuse then other fuses just started going out . Also, something similar happened to my boyfriends 1999 gs300 a lot of the fuses started going out After replacing one & the radio fuse stopped his car from starting.
Old 01-02-21, 09:05 AM
firelizard

Received 450 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr2jz710
2jz build
What have you done that isn't factory?

And what have you done to the car between the last time it started and the first time it started having issues?