GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ah, my baby GS is insured, just 2 days before the north cali meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-03, 02:35 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ah, my baby GS is injuried, just 2 days before the north cali meet

ah, what a great timing, I was on my way back to San Jose from Berkeley tonight, driving 75mph on 880. Suddenly out of nowhere there was this wood piece in the right side of the carpool lane. There was no way I could see it at 10:30 at night, and no time to react. So I just went over the wood piece and smashed my newly repainted Explosion bumper (just picked up from Autobanh on Thursday) over it. The front bumper is badly cracked that I doubt it could be repaired anymore. After 2 minutes of the incident, I saw a big truck pulled over to the side with woodpieces falling down behind it.. sigh..

Anyway, sorry to disappiont you guys (henry.. T_T), but I won't be attending to meet on Sunday. Now where could I get a new Explosion front bumper? I get so much headache just thinking about the process/wait time. I guess I I could switch the Equip rims to SC for a while then.

It is kinda weird that Clublexus has the most accident threads these few months. Have a great meet guys, it's gonna be months before I get back to my GS again.

Last edited by gsintensive; 09-20-03 at 03:02 AM.
Old 09-20-03, 02:45 AM
SilverFlare
Lead Lap

Shoot... buddy....
nothing I can say here, pls cheer up, and hopefully you can get ur next set of bumper soon!!
Old 09-20-03, 03:19 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Wei
So sorry to hear of another mishap just days before this MAJOR event. You know Rominl has a basketball size dent in his door but he's attending and we'll make sure to park that side of his car out of plain view. I think your injured baby is still worth showing. People will understand.

Lex400SC got in a BIG accident just 5 minutes before us NorCal folk arrived at the Carson meet. That kinda sucks, especially after driving 400+ miles.

What you gonna do $ HIT happens.

We've got over 100 Lexus ONLY vehicles attending this meet on Sunday and over $4000 in raffle items to give away.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...931#post671931

Please try to re-consider.

Your space is already reserved.

Maybe some black duct tape will keep her together and looking not-so-bad ?

Glen

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-20-03 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-20-03, 03:32 AM
babyGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hei wei... sorry to hear about that!!!!
wow... something wrong with this month and the GS??? I just posted that i got a freakin tranny leak on my car... well... as previously mentioned.... ***** happens...
hope everything will be allright man!!!

~manny
Old 09-20-03, 09:55 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

yeah...seriously what happen to GS this month!??
i bottomed my car so bad last night, i though i broke sthg very serious the noise was very loud, but the car still drive with no problem
i still dont know what part was hit, hopefully nthg serious
Old 09-20-03, 10:42 AM
cong28
Lead Lap

Hey Wei,

Sorry to hear about the front bumper bro, I know how you feel. It's going to be a long wait until your new bumper arrives. I know you like the front bumper a lot but maybe it's time for you to get some thing new in the states that no one have Anyways, good luck w/ everything and keep us posted.

Last edited by cong28; 09-20-03 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-20-03, 12:34 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Jacky: Yea, I thought it through yesterday, thanks so much for the support and may we have a some great shopping time together, more is always the mirror.

rmmgs4: thanks for sharing the other similar experience, so I don't feel like I am really the only one. I will still go to the meet, the GS looks great if you look at it from the right side, so maybe I can try to park something different? thanks again for the encouragement.

Manny: yea I hope so, please be very careful these few months, I don' t know what is it with it too, Romin, GSpower, me now etc..

GS400kid: if something is unusually loud, maybe you should take it to dealer for a speedy checkup asap? you never know

Cong: mm yea I guess I'll use these few months to start shopping. There are too many Explosion nowaday (when I bought it there was only 1 authentic explosion kit sold in US) I like Manaray's elegant bumper, and Toms VA, Junction Produce, Auto couture. I am looking hard into Rod Millen bumper with custom round fog light setup (like Bruce's work) Anyway, I will prefer Poly urtherane kit now, whether i scrape or hit something on the rode, I know it will never crack as hard as fiberglass.

thanks for everyone's imput, really helps now get ready for something new
Old 09-20-03, 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh no....... sorry to hear that wei, that sux! why this always happens like right before the meet? damnit! i hate this i hope you can get it fixed soon man, this is sick! argh, i feel very sad now do you need any help?
Old 09-20-03, 12:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dam dude, its been a bad month 4 this forum, hope u get everything resolved... good luck..
Old 09-20-03, 03:11 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about the bumper Wei. If RMMGS4's encouragement is not enough, I'm here to support your coming to the meet too. Although it is a car meet, it is still a meet so that we all can meet and hang out together. You know that anyone who has been on the forum knows how sick your car is. An accident is not going to change that. If anything, I can't wait to see what your are going to do with it now.

Remember, you still have your JP lights. No one can touch that in NorCal.
Old 09-20-03, 04:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very true! if anything, my car is hit on the site and i won't mind people looking at my car! wei, you have my support too