GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aimgain coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-21 | 09:20 PM
kaang
Driver School Candidate

Default Aimgain coilovers

Hey guys, i've got a set of Aimgain coilovers on my GS. I thought they were just some Ebay coilovers but they were just dirty. I tried looking them up online but info is pretty sparse. Does anyone know more about them? Like MSRP, how they perform against other coilovers, and if i can rebuild them, since the springs are pretty rusty and they're decently filthy. Thanks guys
Old 07-09-21 | 04:57 AM
Yri
Advanced

Originally Posted by kaang
Hey guys, i've got a set of Aimgain coilovers on my GS. I thought they were just some Ebay coilovers but they were just dirty. I tried looking them up online but info is pretty sparse. Does anyone know more about them? Like MSRP, how they perform against other coilovers, and if i can rebuild them, since the springs are pretty rusty and they're decently filthy. Thanks guys
From a thread I found,

Aimgain doesn't make coilovers, coilovers are made for them and they sell them.

If you feel you can have these coilovers serviced at a reasonable cost if something is wrong with them when you get them, then go for it. Choose the ones with the most suitable spring rates for your application. I seriously doubt the dampers themselves are $1,000 better than BC or something like that. Maybe one has better finishes or features though.
And then:

​​​​​​​The Aimgain coilovers usually go for close to $2000 brand new, so this price is a really good deal if theyre in solid condition.
Quoted from firelizard and cdiiwu on https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...lub-coils.html