GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The 2005 GS on American soil (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-03, 09:01 AM
pfsacer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree with the Lexus part, but the BMW part I cannot agree.

New looks are fine, as long as they look good, with the 7 and 5 (lesser degree) the trunk part has been an afterthought.

Looks like they started and found out they still needed a trunk, that thing is butt ugly and will never grow on me.

The back of the car aside, it is not that bad, but the back is still part of the car and it makes it ugly
Old 11-22-03, 09:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Guys please keep to the topic of this thread (the 2005 GS on American soil, not BMW sales ).

There are many members who have participated in this thread that may have an email notification every time it gets a post because they are VERY interested in the 2005 GS topic. It gets to be disappointing when the links lead to a discussion about the trunk design of a BMW.

Not trying to stifle the conversation - if you'd like to start a brand new thread in the Car Chat forum about the other topics, have at it.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-22-03 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-22-03, 09:16 AM
pfsacer
Driver

I agree with you DAVEGS, but this forum was death for 2 weeks.

It seems that there is nothing to tell about the 2005GS on US soil, because the ones that say they have contacts that have seen the car, do not come with any information.

You would expect that if you have seen the car you can at least give some directions on how the car looks, instead of just bashing the pictures that were posting as not being it.
Old 11-22-03, 10:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by pfsacer
I agree with you DAVEGS, but this forum was death for 2 weeks.

It seems that there is nothing to tell about the 2005GS on US soil, because the ones that say they have contacts that have seen the car, do not come with any information.

You would expect that if you have seen the car you can at least give some directions on how the car looks, instead of just bashing the pictures that were posting as not being it.
PFS, I'm not quite sure what you're saying here... just because there is no news about the new GS doesn't mean "this forum is death", lol. Lexus is keeping it very quiet as they have FOREVER on this update. I think we will all have to wait until the Detroit Auto Show (if it's really released then).

Jim may not have talked to his friend, or his friend may have sworn him to secrecy for fear of losing his job. Let's respect that, please. You can believe that this is a hot enough topic that if anyone CAN talk about it and they have info, they will.
Old 11-22-03, 10:36 AM
pfsacer
Driver

DAVEGS4 what I meant was (if you look at the dates) that for 2 weeks nothing was posted on this forum by anyone.

I would say that is pretty dead.

Also if there is no information available, what are we going to "forum" about ?

Since you do not want to have duplicate photo's coiming back and back again (which I can understand) or that we start talking about the ugly back of the 7.

If there is no info this forum is in my opinion not needed, if we have to wait until January (?) then we can forget about this forum until then.

At least that is the way I see it, if you have another opinion I am more than happy to hear it.

As for anybody loosing their job, I respect that, I however was looking for more inside because I have to make a decision about my next car before the end of the year (tax reasons)

For that reason I ordered a 545i since I cannot wait till 01/2004 to (maybe) get the info, I would have loved to have mor einfo so I would have been able to go for the GS, but going blind is not my thing

I am still interested in the new GS, although not to buy one anymore (at least not for the next 3 years), if anybody has any info I'll promise to keep it secret I can be mailed at pfsmvo@setarnet.aw

Hope you can respect my poinbt of view as well as I do yours

Regards

Mike
Old 11-22-03, 11:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Gotcha Mike. I'd ask that you understand this forum is about much more than the 2005 GS and it's far from 'dead'... there are at least 50 posts per day just in this one forum (and related sub forums) every day by members who already own a Lexus GS.

It just so happens that the one post and one topic you're interested in doesn't have any new news. That is not unexpected to those of us who read this forum every day. For those of us who already own a GS and are interested in discussing it, there is plenty of new content .

Good luck with your BMW and maybe somebody will have more new info beyond what we've already discussed here soon. Until then though, I'd again ask this thread keep on topic - our (now five) posts aren't giving anyone new news. If someone posted something interesting in the past and you want to find out more about it, use the PM feature to ask them if they have anything new to report.
Old 11-22-03, 11:54 AM
pfsacer
Driver

OK
Old 11-22-03, 11:58 AM
pfsacer
Driver

Wink

I understand, but the part that was dead was the 2005GS on US Soil part, I didn't mean the other parts
The part I was aiming at hasn't been active for 2 weeks, since basically only JIMXO supplied some info

Anyway good luck with the forum I'll be looking for a 545 forum, I promise I won't dirty the forum with my remarks
Old 12-03-03, 02:26 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2005 GS - News

Heard some news on the new GS while talking to the Lexus district manager. He said that the GS is due out this spring and before the RX400H and the new IS. He mentioned it being AWD and said he saw a clay model of it this fall and it was unbelievable looking. Everyone was asked to leave their cameras before entering so Lexus is really keeping this a secret. The unveiling will be in the Detroit autoshow this January.

No word on the engine size, but that Lexus was really trying to stay competitive with the other car companies performance, so hopefully that means increased horsepower.

He also said that some people within the company have driven the RX400H and have said from 0-30 they've never driven anything faster. He told me Lexus will be making every vehicle into a hybrid (over time) and that the company feels they left every other automaker flat footed. They have sold the first generation technology to GM and Nissan, but Toyota is now on the 2nd gen of Hybrid technology. The battery in the RX400h is supposedly half the size of that in the first Prius.

I'm now waiting for the new GS, hoping it will be delivered sooner than later. If what he said is correct, we should see the new GS this spring/summer. Sounds way to good to be true.

I could talk to this guy forever

Last edited by looknow12; 12-03-03 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-03-03, 02:39 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess we'll just wait and see. Im sorry but Im hoping that the new GS is a disapointment because I love my GS 4 and I want to be happy with what I got sorry !
Old 12-03-03, 03:31 PM
jaysonb
Driver School Candidate

I do hope it is sooner than later. Spring/Summer 2004 would be great!

I am hoping it will be amazing and truly put the new BMW 5 to shame.
Old 12-04-03, 06:40 AM
JDZ25
Driver

Heard some news on the new GS while talking to the Lexus district manager. He said that the GS is due out this spring and before the RX400H and the new IS. He mentioned it being AWD and said he saw a clay model of it this fall and it was unbelievable looking. Everyone was asked to leave their cameras before entering so Lexus is really keeping this a secret. The unveiling will be in the Detroit autoshow this January.
I hope the Spring/Summer 2004 date is accurate too. This wait is killing me.
Old 12-04-03, 02:32 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I plan on going to the Detroit Auto Show this January to see it unveiled.
Old 12-04-03, 02:49 PM
JDZ25
Driver

I plan on going to the Detroit Auto Show this January to see it unveiled.
Would you be able to get a fellow CL member some fo the promotional materials/brochure for the new GS if you do go?
Old 12-05-03, 06:24 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, no problem. Our plans are still subject to change though, so not certain.

Last edited by looknow12; 12-05-03 at 06:25 AM.

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS on American soil (Merged Threads)