GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-22, 01:28 PM
Bulletant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Codes

Hi I have a 2001 Lexus gs300 with a muffler delete and recently a resonator delete. Its been throwing this code up but I don't know how to fix it but the bigger problem is after the resonator delete it started to read no cats. I'm not sure what the problem is especially since I have my cats and only did a resonator and muffler delete on my car. I have pics of code which is P0441 will be seen when the ECU has detected incorrect purge flow in the Evaporative (EVAP) emission control system. The first two pics are the most recent and the last two pics are from earlier in the year when I only had a muffler delete. Can someone help me as to why its reading that their is no CATS along with how I can fix this code from popping up. Thank your for your time.

Old 03-27-22, 01:10 AM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 793 Likes on 665 Posts

Hello,

P0441 is very similar to P0446, most common causes for those are bad VSV for EVAP or its wiring, which is located neat the charcoal canister and is susceptible to rust issues, VSV for CCV or its line being blocked, which is located on the air filter enclosure, or the Pressure Sensor located somewhere near the tank. To check solenoids, take them out and power them from the battery while blowing in one of the ports, that's the only way to really make sure they are working, you can also blow in the hoses to make sure they are not blocked.

For the wiring, hook up to it and check the voltage when you turn the Ignition to the ON position. To check the Pressure sensor, check it has 5V and Ground supplied to it, then hook up to the Center lead and monitor the voltage on it while blowing in the hose, you should see the voltage change. If you have access to Techstream software, it has a special utility designed to check the EVAP system, it goes over everything described above automatically, which should make this process a lot easier.

As for the Catalyst codes, that system is quite complicated, going out and starting to take parts out of it won't go unnoticed. The system haven't triggered a code for it, so there is still a chance the ECU needs time to get readjusted for new norms. Drive around to see if the monitor will set itself, or trigger the code, if none of that would happen, there may be a small leak in the exhaust.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by Arsenii:
Bulletant (03-27-22), Sherbster (05-12-22)