GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo (Gs300) Climate control unit swap problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-24, 06:42 PM
SmokingRR
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 92blacktt
To get it working you will need to figure out how to use a us HVAC with the aristo. Then that board will be used to interface with the full replacement android unit. The full replacement android units are designed to work with the us HVAC units (you remove the board from the inside and plug it into their interface). The us HVAC don't quite work right with the aristo. I suspect some wires just need to be swapped around. I removed my nav unit and just use the android 9" screen with a JDM aristo multidisplay for the time being until I have time to sort it all out.

Also the platic doesnt quite fit right on the aristo. It's curved towards the passenger and some gaps. But you can get it to fit ok with some force.
What 9" screen are youusing?
Old 03-09-24, 08:29 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SmokingRR
What 9" screen are youusing?
I bought the teyes cc3. I put a navifly m6 pro in my is300. I would pick the navifly next time. Mekede also makes a decent unit.

They are all actually the same units, just slightly different packaging, ram/storage/screen options and different software. The 2k versions have some updated hardware. There is a new version to release this year for all the brands.

Stay away from the other brands, and personally I would avoid teyes as well. From my testing navifly then mekede then teyes and then everything else is junk.
Old 03-09-24, 08:33 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

This is the aftermarket climate control

This is how it's installed currently.
Old 03-10-24, 06:43 AM
CurlyG
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Both my cars are running ATOTO S8 Plus and Ultra Stereos. I like that they have 2 external camera inputs that are easy to activate. I have a backup camera, and a front parking camera that keeps my lowered front clip safe from curbs! Some models also have optical out, which I use for my JL Audio amps. No alternator whine or other noise is introduced, like with RCA cables. ATOTO stereos aren't perfect, but overall they're great.
Old 03-10-24, 06:56 AM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CurlyG
Both my cars are running ATOTO S8 Plus and Ultra Stereos. I like that they have 2 external camera inputs that are easy to activate. I have a backup camera, and a front parking camera that keeps my lowered front clip safe from curbs! Some models also have optical out, which I use for my JL Audio amps. No alternator whine or other noise is introduced, like with RCA cables. ATOTO stereos aren't perfect, but overall they're great.
They have come a long way since then, the new generation all have optical outs, 360 cameras, dvr, etc etc. FYT is the maker of all of these android units. The different brands just have different software/packaging and slight variations in cpu/processor/ram. The latest generation FYT is pretty good with Navifly and Mekede. They have a newer version coming out this year. I paid around 300 USD for my navily and 150 USD for the gs300 climate/canbus kit.
The following users liked this post:
CurlyG (03-15-24)