GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Aristo (Gs300) Climate control unit swap problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-22, 12:59 PM
Jupesti
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo (Gs300) Climate control unit swap problem

Hi new here!

I have 99 jzs161 Aristo and i was plannig to put proper aftermarket 2din android auto radio to my car. I got rid of oem nav/radio/climate (86111-30200) display and bought gs300 1din climate control unit (55900-3a210). Gs300 climate unit was easy swap with two connectors and it works what comes to a/c controls EXEPT buttons seems to chanced places somehow? For example if i press "auto" a/c turns off, if i press "off" car chance blower motor speed etc... Does anybody had similar problems or know what causes it?
Old 05-17-22, 11:40 AM
Jupesti
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Jupesti
Hi new here!

I have 99 jzs161 Aristo and i was plannig to put proper aftermarket 2din android auto radio to my car. I got rid of oem nav/radio/climate (86111-30200) display and bought gs300 1din climate control unit (55900-3a210). Gs300 climate unit was easy swap with two connectors and it works what comes to a/c controls EXEPT buttons seems to chanced places somehow? For example if i press "auto" a/c turns off, if i press "off" car chance blower motor speed etc... Does anybody had similar problems or know what causes it?
UPDATE

So i cheked gs300 wiring diagram and found out that couple wires in jzs161 Aristo with nav/radio/climate system are in "wrong" connector. I mean that gs bigger connector to multidisplay has more wires attachted to it than aristo´s same connector. I reconnect those wires from aristo nav connector to bigger plug wich is in climate display panel and got screen working! Everything else works now with no problem EXEPT blower dosent Sooo im little bit confused now... Fuses are ok. If i take MPX- A16 BLU/RED wire off from gs display panel, blower starts working but it messes up ac display again.
Old 05-18-22, 09:41 PM
Jupesti
5th Gear

Ok, now im stuck in ac wiring harness. After many hours of investigating seems like that somebody has doing something weird to a nav/ac harness and connectors in past. Now im looking wiring diagram or photo of two ac connectors that plug straight in to factory 1din a/c climate panel. It would be very helpful if somebody has working jdm multidislplay panel and take couple photos from connectors that i can see factory wiring colors and proper way how wires should attached. I found Aristo wiring diagram but cant understant single word of Japan
Old 11-03-22, 01:48 AM
Neocef
2nd gear

UPDATE

So i cheked gs300 wiring diagram and found out that couple wires in jzs161 Aristo with nav/radio/climate system are in "wrong" connector. I mean that gs bigger connector to multidisplay has more wires attachted to it than aristo´s same connector. I reconnect those wires from aristo nav connector to bigger plug wich is in climate display panel and got screen working! Everything else works now with no problem EXEPT blower dosent Sooo im little bit confused now... Fuses are ok. If i take MPX- A16 BLU/RED wire off from gs display panel, blower starts working but it messes up ac display again.
What wires did you change to get the screen working?
Old 11-03-22, 02:30 AM
Jupesti
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Neocef
What wires did you change to get the screen working?

Blue/Red wire to bigger connector got ac screen working, but blower motor didint work after that. IF i remember correctly. My solution to this "problem" was to buy oem aristo ac panel (146430-9330) from Japan. Wires are in factory configuration and ac panel works now.

TLDR; Had gs300 AC/panel to swap factory navi screen system. Did not get it work and ordered JDM 1 din ac/ panel and it works.

Old 11-03-22, 03:17 AM
Neocef
2nd gear

Blue/Red wire to bigger connector got ac screen working, but blower motor didint work after that. IF i remember correctly. My solution to this "problem" was to buy oem aristo ac panel (146430-9330) from Japan. Wires are in factory configuration and ac panel works now.

TLDR; Had gs300 AC/panel to swap factory navi screen system. Did not get it work and ordered JDM 1 din ac/ panel and it works.
Ah gotcha I think I'm going to have to go with the same solution but thanks for your help!
Old 11-30-23, 05:19 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you ever figure out how to use the gs300 climate control by swaping the wires around? I need to use this climate control in my aristo as my android head unit / climate control combo the board inside the gs300 unit to do climate control through the canbus unit that comes with the kit.
Old 12-05-23, 12:11 AM
Jupesti
5th Gear

No i didin't. Got frustrated and ordered oem 1 din ac panel to aristo from japan and that worked no problems with original connectors. Ended up spending over 200$ including shipping on that thing but its working and looks cool
Old 12-06-23, 07:40 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

No i didin't. Got frustrated and ordered oem 1 din ac panel to aristo from japan and that worked no problems with original connectors. Ended up spending over 200$ including shipping on that thing but its working and looks cool
I did the same. But now I have a full dash replacement headunit. I need to convert over to the gs300 climate control in order to use it. Do you have both diagrams? for aristo and gs300?
Old 03-09-24, 05:55 PM
SmokingRR
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 92blacktt
I did the same. But now I have a full dash replacement headunit. I need to convert over to the gs300 climate control in order to use it. Do you have both diagrams? for aristo and gs300?
I know this it a few years old, but I am curious what radio you went with and if you got it all working.
Old 03-09-24, 06:07 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SmokingRR
I know this it a few years old, but I am curious what radio you went with and if you got it all working.

Couldn't get it working. But I have an aristo not gs300
Old 03-09-24, 06:08 PM
SmokingRR
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 92blacktt
Couldn't get it working. But I have an aristo not gs300
That's exactly why I was asking. I have an Aristo on the way and I'm looking around trying to gather up some information about swapping out the HVAC control and factory navigation for something I can actually use in the US
Old 03-09-24, 06:13 PM
CurlyG
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

FWIW, my US 2000 GS400 came with the double-din Touchscreen, which controls the stereo, navigation (24 years outdated maps!), and the HVAC!
I was able to purchase a stand-alone HVAC controller, which came on cars that didn't have the Nav system, and it was plug-and-play. Note: I did a fully custom stereo install. I ran my own power, speaker wires, etc.
Here is what came with the car:

The Nav/Stereo/HVAC system and tape deck that came with the car.

And here is the stand-alone HVAC controller I found on eBay, which was plug-and-play, with the double-DIN Android car stereo.
Note: I made custom gloss burled walnut veneer (real) trim bezels. I wasn't fond of the simulated wood-grain puffy sticker on the HVAC controller. I also made a custom clear lens for the HVAC controller that I installed later, as the lens it came with was scratched up pretty bad, as shown below.

Stand-alone HVAC controller and ATOTO S8 double DIN android stereo with optical out to my amps.
Below the stereo is a custom burled walnut over carbon fiber plate (WIP) I made for the Alternator voltage controller that sets voltage for the DCPower 200A alternator, that charges the Arc Angel Lithium 12V battery, and also to hold the switch for the electronic exhaust cut-outs.

Last edited by CurlyG; 03-09-24 at 06:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SmokingRR (03-09-24)
Old 03-09-24, 06:21 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SmokingRR
That's exactly why I was asking. I have an Aristo on the way and I'm looking around trying to gather up some information about swapping out the HVAC control and factory navigation for something I can actually use in the US

To get it working you will need to figure out how to use a us HVAC with the aristo. Then that board will be used to interface with the full replacement android unit. The full replacement android units are designed to work with the us HVAC units (you remove the board from the inside and plug it into their interface). The us HVAC don't quite work right with the aristo. I suspect some wires just need to be swapped around. I removed my nav unit and just use the android 9" screen with a JDM aristo multidisplay for the time being until I have time to sort it all out.

Also the platic doesnt quite fit right on the aristo. It's curved towards the passenger and some gaps. But you can get it to fit ok with some force.
Old 03-09-24, 06:41 PM
SmokingRR
4th Gear

@CurlyG looks like you did a damn good job!
The following users liked this post:
CurlyG (03-10-24)

Quick Reply: Aristo (Gs300) Climate control unit swap problem