GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

my baby was in accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 01:48 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy my baby was in accident

After only 1.5 months with my beautiful GS it has suffered an accident. Long story short, I was driving down a street at about 2 AM when a car came out of a driveway and right into my path. Rather than t-boning them as I probably should have, I swerved out of the way and hit a small pole doing about 10-15 km/h. The other car took off, all I know is it was dark-coloured 4-door.

I'm in a bit of trouble now. I'm young (22) and cannot afford to have my insurance go up with an accident claim on my record. I'm going to pay for the repairs myself. I'm in school and a bit cash strapped, so I'm trying to find somewhere I can get parts cheap. Last week I bought a lugnut for $9, so I don't think a dealer is the place to go. I'm also curious to know if aftermarket parts (like a bumper or hood) would be cheaper to buy than factory. I live in Toronto, so I don't think ordering from the states would save me, due to shipping and possibly customs.

The damage to my car is not huge (not a write-off), but it's substantial enough. The hood, grille, left headlight and left fender are all in need of replacement. Luckily the airbags didn't go off and the rad didn't crack. I'll have to find out from the body shop what else needs to be done.

This really, really sucks.
Old 10-20-03, 01:54 PM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about the accident, at least you weren't hurt...i would recommend going to the classified section of club lexus, you might be able to find some parts there that you could use for a good price. good luck with the repairs....
Old 10-20-03, 01:55 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

That sucks dude, hope it works out for the best!!
Old 10-20-03, 01:59 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

lubs

does you car look anything like this

praise god it doesnt and you were not hurt ,, thats my other gs after tboning someone , it was not a pretty sight.
Old 10-20-03, 02:06 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm looking through the classifieds now.

lexforlife - The damage to my car is a fraction of that, thank god. I'm glad no one was hurt and it wasn't worse than it could have been. It justs bites me in the *** that I'm going to have to be a stickler for a while just to get back to where I was a couple of days ago. Needless to say the mod fund is gone for now. Such is life. Damnit, I sound bitter.
Old 10-20-03, 02:53 PM
Downtown
Pole Position

I've went to an LSportline kit. If your interested in my front bumper it's yours for the cost of shipping. It'll need paint and it's got cutouts for headlight washers but in relatively good shape.

I live in British Columbia. PM me if interested

DT
Old 10-20-03, 02:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally posted by Downtown
I've went to an LSportline kit. If your interested in my front bumper it's yours for the cost of shipping. It'll need paint and it's got cutouts for headlight washers but in relatively good shape.

DT
Very Nice of you DT

Lubs, sorry to read about your misfortune.
Old 10-20-03, 03:30 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow....DT...you da man!!

I dont think you will find it anywhere else..... the comaraderie of one Lexus owner to another...the willingness to help.....and, free or dirt cheap pricing on used parts.

Pete
Old 10-20-03, 05:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

downtown, you da man! awesome!

but lubs, careful, i suspect if the frame is bent or shifted. it's not hard to shift the frame without cracking anything
Old 10-20-03, 05:23 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry dude....but thats a great gesture on dt's behalf... ihope it works out well 4 u . let us know.
Old 10-20-03, 05:48 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

DT
Wow, big ups Downtown. We need more people like you.
Old 10-20-03, 07:45 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=99419
is this what u want too??? left headlight= driver side
sorry it always take me awhile to figure out what is left or right
Old 10-20-03, 07:52 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

DT
Wow...very admirable. You da' man, Downtown.
Old 10-21-03, 11:17 AM
99GS300
Pole Position

DT

makes me wanna hug Downtown and sing KumBaya (sp)

unbelievably nice of you, Downtown!

good luck on your repairs Lubs, and post some pics of the damage if you get a chance!

Last edited by 99GS300; 10-21-03 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-21-03, 07:16 PM
Lubs
Pole Position

Hey guys,

Downtown, I really appreciate your kindness. I was able to locate a bumper for a good price locally, and figured it would be easier than trying to ship one across the country.

GS400kid, it was my driver side. I got in touch with the seller, thanks for that.

99GS300 - No digicam. I do wish I could have taken some pics, they would provide painful memories in the best of times.

Rominl - I figure it is. The guys doing the work will send it through the machine that checks all that. It really sucks to imagine that my car might not be the same again. Almost makes a guy want to cry.

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot.

Quick Reply: my baby was in accident