GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 07:09 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Jacob you can pm him ...he is really good about getting back to you....
Old 01-30-04, 07:12 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Letsride
Jacob you can pm him ...he is really good about getting back to you....
I tried but no answer yet
Old 01-31-04, 10:30 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, did you guys get a reply yet? I think Rominl can help too.
Old 02-01-04, 12:59 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for my late reply

I was on holiday, and did not have had the opportunity to post. I will need to check with my friend, who is the DSR distributor for Hong Kong and China. So please give me some more time.
Old 02-02-04, 03:39 PM
ligflava
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HKGS300 - any chance you'd include a price for those of us who don't have hookups in Asia?

That's a sweet spoiler. I've been looking for something that fits like an UGO, but goes on the glass (the thought of sticking something on my paint scares me, especially if some fool tries to steal it off my car. idiots trying to steal emblems are scary enough. imagine if they try to pull off a roof spoiler!)

Kola - Lookin' good.
Old 02-02-04, 04:35 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by HKGS300
Sorry for my late reply

I was on holiday, and did not have had the opportunity to post. I will need to check with my friend, who is the DSR distributor for Hong Kong and China. So please give me some more time.
Take all the time you need....NOT!!!!

Just do your best and hook a Chinese brother up!! LOL!!!
Old 02-03-04, 09:14 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally posted by PHML
Take all the time you need....NOT!!!!

Just do your best and hook a Chinese brother up!! LOL!!!
The suspense is killing you, isn't it???? Patience, my friend, patience!
Old 02-11-04, 02:51 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
The suspense is killing you, isn't it???? Patience, my friend, patience!
Any new update on this?

I think the suspense is killing EVERYONE who is interested. lol !!
Old 02-11-04, 03:09 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got PM back from HKGS300. The price is very good but they are out of stock at tthe moment. It may take another 2 weeks before they become available. So be patient my friend
Old 02-11-04, 03:34 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i like it , did u guys ever get a price on it shipped 2 the u.s.?
Old 02-11-04, 03:34 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That spoiler is HOTT!!! I had my heart set on a UGO but I too share a concern of sticking something on my car that can be ripped off and ruin the paint. Count me in if you can get your hands on a few.
Old 02-11-04, 03:36 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by walterwhiteiv
That spoiler is HOTT!!! I had my heart set on a UGO but I too share a concern of sticking something on my car that can be ripped off and ruin the paint. Count me in if you can get your hands on a few.
i like the ugo too but that has always been my concern with it...also if u were 2 take it off u'd have a dark spot on the roof from never being exposed 2 sun..
Old 02-11-04, 04:18 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can we get some close up pics of the spoiler? I saw some pics of an unfinished one and I was not impressed with the quality. I can only hope that it was a pre-production version and this one fixed those issues.

It is hard to tell on this car since it is black. With the one I saw, a bodyshop would have to do quite a bit of work to refinish the spoiler. Since kola got it pre-painted, I don't know if things got fixed during the prep-painting process or the actual spoiler got fixed. DSR seems to be responsive to the issues so I hope they fixed them. That is a good sign that a company is open for feedback. I've been biting my tongue on this but it seems like a good number of members are interested now. I just wanted to raise a little flag and ask a few questions. Some of these issues are hard to pin down. I was forwarded the pics and info as an outside verification. I trust the eyes of the people who wanted me to verify the data.

kola,

Can you take a pic of the spoiler at the top edge? Can you also get a pic of the trailing edge of the spoiler meaning the edge that is not touching the car, close up on the half that is on the passenger side?

Did you guys also notice that the spoiler sits below the black edge of the window? On a black car, it blends in OK but on a different color car, you will see roof (body color), black trim, then spoiler (body color). If you expect that, then OK. If not, I just wanted to point that out.

This spoiler seems to be a good mix of the existing popular 2: UGO and L-Sportline. I like the shape of the UGO which this one seems to retain. It sits on the glass so it alleviates some of other members' concern. I personally still like the UGO. I don't plan to take it off. As for it being stolen, the thief would have to work pretty hard to get it. It is on there pretty tight.

Last edited by Neo; 02-11-04 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-11-04, 05:19 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Neo -

Thanks for the heads up. You brought up some very good points.

Pete
Old 02-11-04, 07:17 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Neo
Can we get some close up pics of the spoiler? I saw some pics of an unfinished one and I was not impressed with the quality. I can only hope that it was a pre-production version and this one fixed those issues.

It is hard to tell on this car since it is black. With the one I saw, a bodyshop would have to do quite a bit of work to refinish the spoiler. Since kola got it pre-painted, I don't know if things got fixed during the prep-painting process or the actual spoiler got fixed. DSR seems to be responsive to the issues so I hope they fixed them. That is a good sign that a company is open for feedback. I've been biting my tongue on this but it seems like a good number of members are interested now. I just wanted to raise a little flag and ask a few questions. Some of these issues are hard to pin down. I was forwarded the pics and info as an outside verification. I trust the eyes of the people who wanted me to verify the data.

kola,

Can you take a pic of the spoiler at the top edge? Can you also get a pic of the trailing edge of the spoiler meaning the edge that is not touching the car, close up on the half that is on the passenger side?

Did you guys also notice that the spoiler sits below the black edge of the window? On a black car, it blends in OK but on a different color car, you will see roof (body color), black trim, then spoiler (body color). If you expect that, then OK. If not, I just wanted to point that out.

This spoiler seems to be a good mix of the existing popular 2: UGO and L-Sportline. I like the shape of the UGO which this one seems to retain. It sits on the glass so it alleviates some of other members' concern. I personally still like the UGO. I don't plan to take it off. As for it being stolen, the thief would have to work pretty hard to get it. It is on there pretty tight.
Wow, good insight, Neo. As a person who had the very first DSR roof spoiler, both HKGS300 and I can confirm with you that indeed the roof spoiler as it sits on the glass will be like you said: roof, trim, spoiler. On HKGS300's black car, it doesn't show at all. But on my silver car, it definitely shows. However, I did some checking on many other JDM roof spoiler manufacturers that indeed those that sit on the glass generally have the black trim showing. Otherwise, it would have to sit on the roof (and causes all the above associated problems with sticking a roof spoiler on the roof). Maybe UGO is designed differently so that it may sit on the glass, cover the black trim, zero gap on each side, and then on top of all that, sits flush with the roof! Now, that's engineering design at its perfection!

I don't know. I will PM HKGS300 tonight and see if he's talked to the good folks at DSR and will let you guys know about what's up. Maybe a new version like Neo suspected is already out and Kola got the first unit? I don't know. It's been a while since I looked deeply into any roof spoiler.....

Good heads-up Neo!

Quick Reply: Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)