GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 08:31 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Wow, good insight, Neo. As a person who had the very first DSR roof spoiler, both HKGS300 and I can confirm with you that indeed the roof spoiler as it sits on the glass will be like you said: roof, trim, spoiler. On HKGS300's black car, it doesn't show at all. But on my silver car, it definitely shows. However, I did some checking on many other JDM roof spoiler manufacturers that indeed those that sit on the glass generally have the black trim showing. Otherwise, it would have to sit on the roof (and causes all the above associated problems with sticking a roof spoiler on the roof). Maybe UGO is designed differently so that it may sit on the glass, cover the black trim, zero gap on each side, and then on top of all that, sits flush with the roof! Now, that's engineering design at its perfection!
The UGO actually sits on the roof. I liked the DSR one because it looks similar to the UGO. Position-wise, the L-Sportline would be the DSR competitor since both sit on the glass. The L-Sportline sits on the glass but covers up the black trim. Here is a pic of GS4fun's car:

I hope for everyone's sake that all this has become a non-issue. I am 100% behind another aftermarket company for our cars. I just want to make sure that we get more quality and not just quantity.
Old 02-11-04, 09:07 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

err...
did not have had time to post some information I got from DSR through my Hong Kong supplier.

They told me that there will be a new roofspoiler coming out around end February/begin March. It will be slightly bigger/wider than the initial version, and will be available as an unpainted and prepainted product.
It will still sit on the glass, since they do not want to damage the original paint.

I will post pics of the new DSR roofspoiler Type2 as soon as I get a hold of one

Last edited by HKGS300; 02-11-04 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-11-04, 09:21 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by HKGS300
err...
did not have had time to post some information I got from DSR through my Hong Kong supplier.

They told me that there will be a new roofspoiler coming out around end February/begin March. It will be slightly bigger/wider than the initial version, and will be available as an unpainted and prepainted product.
It will still sit on the glass, since they do not want to damage the original paint.

I will post pics of the new DSR roofspoiler Type2 as soon as I get a hold of one
Nice. Can't wait.
Old 02-11-04, 11:03 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by HKGS300
err...

Thanks for the info....looking forward to the Type 2.

Pete
Old 02-12-04, 06:43 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great...keep us posted...and don't forget, we love pics!!!
Old 02-12-04, 08:40 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Neo
Nice. Can't wait.
Ooooohhhh......wait in line, boy, me too!!
Old 02-12-04, 10:33 AM
kola
Driver

sorry guys i wont be able to snap new pics until this weekend. no digi cam . as for the position of the roof spoiler neo mentioned, it can be closed to cover up the black trim by taping it a in lower on the spoiler; therefore leaving some rooms to cover up the trim. since my car is black, i didnt have to worry much about it (and i gonna messed up on mine cuz i didnt put it closed enough to the trim...in which you will see in the pic).

hkgs300 - ohhh type 2.....bigger and wider....can i switch/upgrade it for a small fee??
Old 02-17-04, 01:19 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally posted by kola
sorry guys i wont be able to snap new pics until this weekend. no digi cam . as for the position of the roof spoiler neo mentioned, it can be closed to cover up the black trim by taping it a in lower on the spoiler; therefore leaving some rooms to cover up the trim. since my car is black, i didnt have to worry much about it (and i gonna messed up on mine cuz i didnt put it closed enough to the trim...in which you will see in the pic).

hkgs300 - ohhh type 2.....bigger and wider....can i switch/upgrade it for a small fee??
Old 02-19-04, 09:17 AM
kola
Driver

sorry for the delay guys. pic turn out bad and need to retake them this weekend. coulda been sooner if it wasn't for the rain here.
Old 02-24-04, 11:27 PM
kola
Driver

here are some pix that neo requested. it didnt turn out that good cuz been raining in cali.
Attached Thumbnails Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)-1.jpg  
Old 02-24-04, 11:27 PM
kola
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)-2.jpg  
Old 02-24-04, 11:28 PM
kola
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)-3.jpg  
Old 02-24-04, 11:28 PM
kola
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)-4.jpg  
Old 02-24-04, 11:29 PM
kola
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)-5.jpg  
Old 02-24-04, 11:29 PM
kola
Driver

Attached Thumbnails Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)-6.jpg  

Quick Reply: Check this out! (Dai-Sport Racing roof spoiler)