GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Vvti Cam Gear leak
Cam gear oil leak
0%
Broken 10mm bolt in cam gear
0%
Timing off
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Neeed HELP My GS brothers !

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-22 | 08:21 AM
GsGarcia33
3rd Gear

Default Neeed HELP My GS brothers !

So I notice oil leak on my Gs few weeks ago then my check engine light came on ,code p1349
changed solenoid and filter erase code with scanner then came back on few weeks later with same code did some research and opened up cam gear casing notice a huge amount of oil in there . Most likely coming from cam gear . Was at the junk yard couple days before and notice there was a gs that looked like they just did there timing belt all new stuff so I watch so video and went took off the front part of cam gear and gasket in there was good not stuck to it like mine .
everything was going so good came home started to install it and broke my last freaking bolt on there tighten it in star pattern sooooo freaking pissed went and bought an exstractpr set and messed up stuff even worse ! Bolt didn’t come out now got all these shavings in there just horrible .

but I was wondering would I be able to go grab the rest of the cam gear and replace it with out doing the whole timing belt removal process (as in new water pump ,new belt ,seals ???)cause I don’t have the money right now at all and this is my only transportation! Really need help . Also I noticed my timing marks are off . If I didn’t break that bolt it would fine with the marks off for now but man that really messed up my day week month holidays everything . Really hurt right now my Gs brothers ! Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated! I know ahead of time I’m idiot !
but I’m not mechanic and never been around anybody that works on cars . I jus been a student of YouTube and these Lexus forums . Finally made a forum account after my 5 Gs . This one has giving me a million problems you don’t even know !
Old 12-30-22 | 10:08 AM
PrimeDave
Pit Crew

Yikes...another Youtube casualty.... You'll need to take this to a shop or have someone who at least has worked on cars, to take it from here. You should cease any and all "work" you're doing or planning on doing to this GS yourself. You don't want to make it even worse by continuing to press forward, yourself....

In the future, since you stated you have no mechanical skills and have never been around anybody that works on cars, let the professionals handle it. GL!
Old 12-30-22 | 02:02 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GsGarcia33
So I notice oil leak on my Gs few weeks ago then my check engine light came on ,code p1349
changed solenoid and filter erase code with scanner then came back on few weeks later with same code did some research and opened up cam gear casing notice a huge amount of oil in there . Most likely coming from cam gear . Was at the junk yard couple days before and notice there was a gs that looked like they just did there timing belt all new stuff so I watch so video and went took off the front part of cam gear and gasket in there was good not stuck to it like mine .
everything was going so good came home started to install it and broke my last freaking bolt on there tighten it in star pattern sooooo freaking pissed went and bought an exstractpr set and messed up stuff even worse ! Bolt didn’t come out now got all these shavings in there just horrible .

but I was wondering would I be able to go grab the rest of the cam gear and replace it with out doing the whole timing belt removal process (as in new water pump ,new belt ,seals ???)cause I don’t have the money right now at all and this is my only transportation! Really need help . Also I noticed my timing marks are off . If I didn’t break that bolt it would fine with the marks off for now but man that really messed up my day week month holidays everything . Really hurt right now my Gs brothers ! Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated! I know ahead of time I’m idiot !
but I’m not mechanic and never been around anybody that works on cars . I jus been a student of YouTube and these Lexus forums . Finally made a forum account after my 5 Gs . This one has giving me a million problems you don’t even know !
Where in Cali are you located?
Old 12-30-22 | 05:36 PM
DundukovEM
Intermediate

Just replace the entire VVT-i camshaft pulley assembly.
CAMSHAFT PULLEY 13050-46010
But have someone knowledgeable put you new OEM timing belt kit with correct timing marks or you'll ruin the engine.
Old 12-30-22 | 05:59 PM
GsGarcia33
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by PrimeDave
Yikes...another Youtube casualty.... You'll need to take this to a shop or have someone who at least has worked on cars, to take it from here. You should cease any and all "work" you're doing or planning on doing to this GS yourself. You don't want to make it even worse by continuing to press forward, yourself....

In the future, since you stated you have no mechanical skills and have never been around anybody that works on cars, let the professionals handle it. GL!

dang you guys are some D***s i didn’t mean no mechanical skills I meant like im not professional . But went to junk yard today and practice on like 3 gs. Thanks to this guy
. I can do it . I believe in myself now ! Now I know why I never made one of these. YOU can take your gs to shop n get over charged for some stuff you could do on your own . But probably a couch potato so Don’t hurt yourselfs ! Thanks anyways .
Old 12-30-22 | 06:25 PM
GsGarcia33
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by DundukovEM
Just replace the entire VVT-i camshaft pulley assembly.
CAMSHAFT PULLEY 13050-46010
But have someone knowledgeable put you new OEM timing belt kit with correct timing marks or you'll ruin the engine.

Called Lexus and they said 500$ for the cam gear unit . Just got couple from junk yards today going to clean them & sand them up Put new rings and seals . Sell the ones I don’t use for idiots like me that break a bolt in the dam thing .

watch this video like 3 times .did 5 gs in junk yard today for practice first 2 didn’t go to good. Other went pretty good . Tore last one down then put it back togather . Left at like 730 in morning barely getting back home rn .
Old 12-30-22 | 06:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Read this before posting again on CL.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-gs-forum.html