GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Replaced the digitizer now screen isn't working?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-24, 06:26 PM
mxandygs300
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced the digitizer now screen isn't working?

My touch screen would only touch in very few areas of the screen before, so i replaced the digitizer; and when wiring it back up the screen isn't coming on, and the cdplayer keeps making a noise as if it's try to eject or load a disc and won't stop.

I'm a bit confused with putting the connectors back together, I have no problem wiring all the connectors to the screen (very top) what I seem to be having trouble with is the set of the 3 very bottom connectors (aside from the antennas) and where does the connector that plugs the display into the cdplayer/tapedeck go?

By the way its a 2006 lexus gs300 AWD ML Navigation, and also when was connected I didnt connect the connectors that I believe go to the lighter and heated/cooled seats, would that make a difference?
Old 08-11-24, 01:01 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 792 Likes on 685 Posts

Any connection left open can cut power to other parts, so I would connect everything. Go back to your work pull each plug out and make sure its properly secure, and nothing is left unplugged.
Old 08-11-24, 01:09 PM
mxandygs300
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibidu1
Any connection left open can cut power to other parts, so I would connect everything. Go back to your work pull each plug out and make sure its properly secure, and nothing is left unplugged.
Well I just tore the entire thing apart and everything was connected the only thing that could of been improperly connected was the main ribbon cable (and if you've ever connected it you know how sensitive it is and has to be inserted EXACTLY straight on just the slightest angle will ensure that it is not fully connected have to have both sides perfectly even when starting to insert it and entire time when pushing it in, but just got it all done and everything back together just need to put it in the car).

​​​​​​If for some reason it still does not work I'm gunna try holding the vol button to reset, and if still no go then will begin checking all fuses because I did start the car without it in at one point to make sure the battery wasn't too drained it wouldn't start, which glad I did was bc barely started have a ****ty battery lol, but could that hypothetically cause blown fuses, oh and does anyone know which fuses would be the first to check snd which fuse panel and which number fuses in said fuse panel(s).

Thank you
Old 08-11-24, 10:07 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 792 Likes on 685 Posts

I wouldnt reinstall the parts, if you have everything torn apart, just make sure everything is plugged in. Go through all the fuse boxes with a flashlight and needle nose pliers, remove each fuse and carefully examine to make sure there not fried.

If your battery is old and weak, I would replace it as soon as possible. Because a weak battery can put a strain on the starter, and alternator.