GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-04, 09:41 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by EGainer
alright seriously, if you want those things, dont buy a lexus bc thats not the routes that lexus takes.

i dont buy lexus for its performance, it is not something they try to stand out in.... i mean, the sc, is not a super sports car, its a cruiser, that is fast.... you see many more old people driving them than young....

the gs, especially second gen, i imagine a mom driving... no offense to people on here bc there are some sick *** gs300s on here, but when i think about a gs300 i think about a mom driving it. ive actually recommended it to many moms.... .......
In case you missed it, no flame intended, when the 2nd gen was rolled out, it had the distinction of being the "fastest production automatic sedan in the world" - at least for a few months until the supercharged Jag came out.

I was very hopeful that Lexus would again come with "something wicked" !!! Remember Lexus' own slogan for the GS

Last edited by whitels; 01-06-04 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-06-04, 09:43 AM
kam1996
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK now that we have seen the new GS..I am relieved..let me explain

I am one of the the few who have recently dumped a decent amount of money on a 2000 GS4...An I know that most of us on this forum may not be new GS owners but have a nice chunk invested in our cars...And IMHO Lexus has done a great job by keping the "overall" GS look when designing the new GS...
GS was never built as a "drivers" car , not meant to be aggressive...
And thats what the new GS looks to me...
The best part is that from the pics I have seen so far the new GS doesnt make the previous GS look OLD...
It is different, yet still looks like the GS we drive...Thats the best part ..
Just my 2 cents
Old 01-06-04, 09:44 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a bigger pic of the console
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-gs1.jpg  
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

from what i heard, the 1st gen GS was italian designed, not the 2nd.
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I am sure the car is breathtaking in person and most likely takes a different form once the subtle lines, corners, and shape is taken in from 10 feet away, BUT, from the pictures, it damn sure has a distinctive Maxima look. Not saying that it is bad, I really like the look of the new GS and Maxima. Not really sold on the front end, but, it will most likely grow on me. Buying one? NOPE. Not ready to sell my GS for that just yet. ONLY a 300hp engine? I was hoping for 340 or more. 300hp with AWD though a nice handler surely cannot assist in the acceleration dept. The new 5 series received the same reaction as this GS is receiving. So only time will tell. Just MO and I’m sticking to it.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-06-04 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-06-04, 09:45 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

and another
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-gs2.jpg  
Old 01-06-04, 09:46 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

last one
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-gs3.jpg  
Old 01-06-04, 09:48 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
If you can't tell, conversation both pro and con are all welcome here. It's your attitude that is the issue.

Good bye.

Carry on the conversation guys, good input. Sorry for the distraction.

another one bites the dust..... dang they man only had 30+ posts and already got banned...is that a record?

anywho...I think the new GS will eventually grow on some of you who dont like it much now, but im sure once you see one on the streets youll be quick to catch up to it and give it a good look...
Old 01-06-04, 09:48 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, that was a quick sedan when it came out, but think about the competing cars, the ugly 5, eclass, and the a6.... each one has its own upgraded model for performance, m5, e55, s6 and rs6

the gs wont come out fast, but i would agree, an upgraded model would be nice, such as a gs330TT or something like that

but any performance gs would have to be a seperate model and they would have to dump the idea of making it low emmisions

also, the seperate performance model idea seems to be a german trend while lexus doesnt seem to follow that route, nor do infiniti or acura

lexus needs to get a line of performance modded cars, such as the bmw motorsport or amg thing.
lsportline doesnt count, if lexus did that, and got some good italian designers.... then they would be unbeatable

Last edited by EGainer; 01-06-04 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-06-04, 09:49 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

In addition to a new look and feel, the new GS also improves upon the increasingly complex nature of automotive technology. The GS offers numerous standard features, such as a keyless SmartAccess that allows the driver to lock, unlock and start the car simply by touching the door handle (with a key fob in pocket) and then simply pressing a push-button to start.
Ahh, now the start button makes sense. That's a great feature - no more keys jingling around the dash.
Old 01-06-04, 09:52 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

HEY! At least it appears we can chrome that grill as well!!!!

See, something good in everything.

Old 01-06-04, 09:53 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.lexus.com/autoshow/iframe...videoframe.htm
they got it on the floor
they replaced the LS with the new GS
enjoy
Old 01-06-04, 09:54 AM
LexFather

But has nobody noticed how blatently Nissan has copied Lexus styling cues in the last few years with the new Altima and Maxima... there are so many obvious things that they copied in their design that I'm not sure we can fault Lexus for looking like a Nissan unless they made the new car look nothing like the old one. I blame Nissan.
Nissan has been knocking-off Lexus cars for years.
240SX-SC 300/400 knock-off
Frontier-Land Rover knock-off
Altima-GS knock-off
Maxima-GS knock-off
etc etc etc this is just recent. My father also hates the fact Nissan blatantly ripped off the GS look on not 1 but 2 of their cars. However, Nissan could not design "details" to save their life. I am sure this new GS has a lot of neat design details we cannot see in a pic.

Anyway, I was expecting something more. I will wait until seeing it in person to give final judgement. I am PISSED the Optitron gauges are gone. That was something ONLY THE GS had. AWD standard though, sweet. GS 300 owners are not concerned with 0-60 games, so 245 hp is a nice bump. Looks like the GS 430 has the same rating 300hp.

Also, seems the car actually stayed the same size, a longer wheelbase and wider. This is totally OPPOSITE anyone else, seems every car is getting as big as a SUV. Hell the knock-off Altima and Maxima are BIGGER in Dimensions than the GS II and III.

Interior looks great.
Old 01-06-04, 10:00 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up BIGGEST & BEST Pics Yet!!!!!!!!

THIS ONE IS HOTT!!!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 01-06-04 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-06-04, 10:03 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like it. I would not say that it is HOT!! I like the features that they have added to the car but that is to be expected when comparing the previous to a new design. Obviously, technology changes.

Although I am a bit relieved and will be in no hurry to swap my car for the new one, after getting "brainwashed" by all the pics in this thread, I look back at the current model and I get the "this is the old style" feeling. I am not saying the new is better (or vice versa), just that the banner has been passed on.

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19