GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-04, 07:15 PM
lexmaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Johnson you have our support. If we can only makes those headlights more interesting and more appealing, then we could have a cinderella in the making.
Old 01-07-04, 07:21 PM
chrisleX
Pole Position

so, can we consider this GS 2006 presented yesterday just a PROTOTYPE ? and not the production model ? usually the prototypes look much more sci-fi - e.g - Lexus HPX - that space shuttle interior,etc !
Old 01-07-04, 07:24 PM
lexmaster
Driver School Candidate

We will make it a prototype. Lexus needs to work on the front for the launch, the bodyshape has no choice but to stay (I am pretty much making my peace with it). I am heading to the auto show this weekend and the GS is the first car I am heading to. I have to see it in person.
Old 01-07-04, 07:25 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by chrisleX
but what about - Blue tooth , dvd-audio with 7.1 surround sound, sun screens/filters, night vision, vented/heated/a/c seats , air purifier, glass panoramic roof, bi xenon headlights, SBD, ACTIVE STEERING (as toyota promised couple of months ago), etcetc ? ARE THOSE TOO MUCH FOR LEXUS ENGINEERS ? AT LEAST some cool stuff inside/outside, if the engine stays the same ...
hey chris, why dont you buy an ls430? remember, this isnt a flagship sedan, if you feel like paying for all those things, buy a more luxurious car.... all these people want more amenities and bigger engine? anyone want to guess how much that would cost???? GS is a midrange sedan.... bigger engine and more luxury will cost more money.... by the way if you ask the lx470 guys about the nightvision, they say its cool, but its more of a gimic....

sun screens, vented/heated/air cooled/vibrating seats, air purifier are available in the ls430.... and glass panaramic roof is cool, bi xenon isnt necessary, but would be cool. and you want active steering? wouldn't that isolate you from the road even more.... thought people wanted a sportier sedan, not one that takes the road away, but one that lets you feel it

you cant have a super sporty sedan with a cushion soft ride and a car that drives itself and then press a button to disable all of that.... and go into a manual or SMG style thing... or get instantly stiffer shocks and lowered center of gravity..... (well you can do this, but it costs money) i think if all this stuff is done that we want, we will no longer be able to afford this car
Old 01-07-04, 07:43 PM
chrisleX
Pole Position

The problem is that MB will put 90 % of those in their new CLS 500, along with a 7/seven-speed-automatic transmission and a DC Airmatic air suspension for a < 60k car !

Last edited by chrisleX; 01-07-04 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-07-04, 07:45 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Default fate of the Aristo..........?

this might have been discussed already but how does the new GS correlate with the Toyota Aristo.Since they are introducing Lexus in Japan then they will get the "GS430" over there under the same name? Is Toyota gonna still produce their Aristo and if so will it be the same car as the GS430 but have aTurbo setup V6 I wonder? Anybody have any info?
Old 01-07-04, 07:49 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by chrisleX
The problem is that MB will put 90 % of those in their new CLS 500, along with a 7/seven-speed-automatic transmission and a DC Airmatic air suspension for a < 60k car !
the problem is really that you will have to replace half of those cheap parts within the first 5 years because they put cheap parts in their cars instead of more reliable, more expensive lexus parts
Old 01-07-04, 08:32 PM
LexFather

but what about - Blue tooth , dvd-audio with 7.1 surround sound, sun screens/filters, night vision, vented/heated/a/c seats , air purifier, glass panoramic roof, bi xenon headlights, SBD, ACTIVE STEERING (as toyota promised couple of months ago), etcetc ? ARE THOSE TOO MUCH FOR LEXUS ENGINEERS ? AT LEAST some cool stuff inside/outside, if the engine stays the same ...
In the Decemeber EVo, Mercedes states they are gonna have to skip all the planned new electronics, especially the drive-by-wire (no mechanical links). Why? The E-class with the electro-hydraulic brakes was step 1. Reports though say the new E-class is PLAUGED with electronic problems ans was 3 times more likely to break down than an A-class.
Old 01-07-04, 08:44 PM
honda/acura fan
Rookie

ventilated seats would be nice, heated rear seats as well and a heated steering wheel....not 2 much 2 ask IMO...the i35 has all these except the ventilated seats....

dvd-audio is actually quite good, u guys should go check it out in the new TL,...if the tl can get it, why cant a car that will base $7k more than it...i l like the gs dont get me wrong but if it just had a few more features from the ls430, i'd be alot happy...i'm sure most of us arent driving the ls b/cit lacks the driving thrill of a gs....esp. since the price gap n/w an ls430 and gs430 isnt that much if u look at things relatively

btw, mb says they are refocusing on the qulity of their cars i.e. materials, reliabilty etc starting w/the new slk and including the newcls as well...if mb can deliver a cls500 for under 60k thats actually relaible but has a few more gizmos, they'll be back in business

my other grievience is that it seems as if lexus doesnt care i.e. acknowledge the input of some of is owners...i.e. are they becoming arrogant by not offering more features and gizmos, etc? i.e. a more powerful 6cyl, more features etc...i mean w/in a few years the 530 will become a 535 i.e. receive a 3.5l engine estimated 2 make arnd 270hp...

Last edited by honda/acura fan; 01-07-04 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-07-04, 09:07 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
In the Decemeber EVo, Mercedes states they are gonna have to skip all the planned new electronics, especially the drive-by-wire (no mechanical links). Why? The E-class with the electro-hydraulic brakes was step 1. Reports though say the new E-class is PLAUGED with electronic problems ans was 3 times more likely to break down than an A-class.
seems like every Mercedes ECU has some sort of built-in virus bonus pack
Old 01-07-04, 09:19 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

what will the future hold............
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-wizard-new.jpg  
Old 01-07-04, 09:25 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
bling bling!
Old 01-07-04, 09:27 PM
LexFather

ROTFLMAO!!!
Old 01-07-04, 09:53 PM
chrisleX
Pole Position

hey GSTRANCE, the last one is the best ! it looks like a 400 hp luxury sport sedan !
Could you remove the wizzard/rapper , change the grill a little bit, put some clear turn signals and some yellow fog lights ? thanks a lot !
Old 01-07-04, 10:10 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

chris, that is actually a gs owner, he has a modified blue gs400.... he's not a wizzard/rapper, lol

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19