GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04, 08:56 PM
CorplHIcks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Legroom

The one thing I have been hopeing for is more rear legroom. The new GS has 2 inches more wheelbase. So far I have not seen any pictures of the rear seat. Does anyone have any pics of this?

The lack of such a picture and the look of the rear door and rear window make me concerned that this 2 inch increase in wheelbase does not translate into any more rear legroom. (one of the only 2 problems I have ever had with the car - the other being lack of all wheel drive, if you can call that a 'problem).

Anway, I called Lexus today but the guy had no interior specs to give me. Naturally, my dealer knows less than I do.

Anyone have any info on this matter?

Old 01-08-04, 09:03 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

for Bluelex......
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-wizard-newblue-copy.jpg  
Old 01-08-04, 09:14 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by kenshin
CORRECTION!!!. The new GS won't have a 3.3L, it will have the 3.0L V-6 found in the new Toyota Crown. Remember Lexus VP mentioned an "All-new V6". And the Crown does have a 260 or 270hp(don't exactly remember) version. To refresh, it will carry the 3.0L V-6 with 245HP and 220+ torque. I wonder if Lexus will still have the Mark Levinson sound system. Ya, like I said before...Lexus hasn't revealed official specs for the V-8. JIMX0's post sounds more sense. The V-8 will scream out at least 330HP.
Doesn't the official site state that the HP for the V8 is 300? And doesn't it also state that the V6 will be 3.0L.? Just wondering why there's all this speculation about the official numbers (sorry if I missed something)
Old 01-08-04, 09:25 PM
chrisleX
Pole Position

GSTRANCE is the hero ! without his photoshops the new GS does not trigger any interest !!!!!!!!
Let's see a really nice black one with nice deep lip wheels ...
Old 01-08-04, 09:50 PM
infonaut
Driver School Candidate

Default Great GS pics and info

Auto Spies GS pics
Old 01-08-04, 10:04 PM
CorplHIcks
Driver School Candidate

Question Rear Seat/Legroom

I saw the pics on autospies.com and followed their links.
You See? No rear seat photos or info.

I really hope they didn't blow it on this one.
Old 01-08-04, 10:26 PM
infonaut
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures of GS

You need to look in their Detroit photo gallery...there are more pics of the GS there

Gallery link below

Detroit Gallery
Old 01-09-04, 12:43 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Just finished reading all the pages... wow

I think I should put my impression because I think just about everyone else did

Besides the obvious like it "oh it looks too much like the maxima/altima/G35" Well it kinda does but whatever because it will set its own style onces its on the roads and Lexus is known for that. They set the standards a lot of the times and many manufacturs duplicate from that.

As far as the features go I think they're on the right track. the power is fine and what more do you really need besides nav, hids, and good system and comfy seats? For a Good Luxury car that is priced to outsell all the competitors why would you include every single luxury feature known to man if arent going to price is over 80Gs? It makes no sense because theres no profit in selling really low numbers at really low prices. I think Lexus is doing a great job keeping up with technology and most times inventing it. HP is not as important and it really doesnt even matter because most Lexus buyers are not in the age group to even care. We are the minority when it comes to HP and obviously you can only please the majority. About the AWD for the V8 models. I wouldnt even sweat. If it doesnt have it this model year then it will the next. If I was the CEO of Toyota/Lexus I would do the same thing. Test out the reaction on the 6 then make it an option on the 8 and then make it standard all while increasing the prices slightly. It makes perfect sense from a business point of view. Great car overall. An improvement in many and but a dissapoint in some.

I personally loved the styling on the first generation GS and the second was just too big and bulky looking and the 3rd gen is even bigger and bulkier looking so its all subjective to the opinion of each person.
Old 01-09-04, 04:58 AM
CorplHIcks
Driver School Candidate

Question Rear Seat/Legroom (again)

I looked at all the Detroit photos like you said. I see no picture of the rear seat area, do you? You directed me there so maybe you know where the photo is, because I could not find it and I looked at every page.

If anyone has info on rear seat area, legroom, etc.. please post.
Old 01-09-04, 05:34 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by JDZ25
Hey looknow,

I cant remember if you were the guy who already put a deposit on the new GS or not? But what do you think? Are you glad you did?
Yes it was me. Here are my thoughts.

First, I expected this vehicle to be ready this fall. It sounds like not until first quarter of next year. This is disappointing.

Second, the V8 needs to have more power. I heard Jimxo's gossip about 345hp, but I need to know for sure.

Lastly, I expect the electronics, and features to be second to none.

Am I glad, well no, not if they vehicle will not be delivered for a full year. I heard from a Lexus district manager that it was to be delivered before the RX400H.
Old 01-09-04, 05:43 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Rear Seat/Legroom

Originally posted by CorplHIcks
I saw the pics on autospies.com and followed their links.
You See? No rear seat photos or info.

I really hope they didn't blow it on this one.
Autospies didn't intentionally leave out the rear seat pictures. I am going there and will post some rear pictures if I can.
Old 01-09-04, 05:51 AM
airahcaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice photoshop

what about a rear spoiler?
Old 01-09-04, 05:51 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear, trying to keep up with this thread at work is about to get me fired! LOL
Old 01-09-04, 06:14 AM
LexFather

The LF-S was designed to show Lexus new styling direction. I am sure the next IS and LS will take styling cues from it. I don't think it was 1 model car....
Old 01-09-04, 06:43 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
for Bluelex......
Man u are just too much!! LOL

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19