GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-04, 10:53 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just in case some of you have not gone through all the gallery at autospies.com I had found pictures of the new GS in other pages in the gallery.

http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...30&galleryId=3
http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...46&galleryId=3
http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...47&galleryId=3
http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...49&galleryId=3
http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...50&galleryId=3
http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...55&galleryId=3
http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/i...56&galleryId=3

Chu...
Old 01-12-04, 12:12 AM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh my go.dddddddddd GStrance i love that VIP style GS chop you just did!!! looks amazing!
Old 01-12-04, 07:15 AM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

No Memory Seats?

This GS is beginning to grow on me. First glance, didn't like it too much. Now after looking at it for the last week or so, even w/out all the mods GStance and the others did, it's definitely looking better.

Like some others said, I dont like the plastic pattered dash and the 'traditional non-Lexus' speedometer / odometer.... I really hope that Lexus will add these features!

ANyone know the dimension for the new GS? The wheelbase is 2inches longer than the 2nd gen, but what about width and length? Interior space? Trunk space?

Pesonally, I think the current V8 w/ 300Hp is enough (0-60 5.6s?) It would theatorically put Lexus into a better position if they increase it to 320Hp. But w/ the Hybrid coming out, it's not worth investing money into tweeking extra 20Hp on an engine that will retire soon? A GS500 would be nice in 3 yrs time.
Old 01-12-04, 07:44 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
VIP style....mmhmm

OMG - I change my mind!! I want it - I want it NOW!!!!

Lexus can thank GSTRANCE for raising interest in the new model!!!!

PS - WOW

Last edited by TwentyTen; 01-12-04 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-12-04, 08:02 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Darius2004

OMG - I change my mind!! I want it - I want it NOW!!!!

Lexus can thank GSTRANCE for raising interest in the new model!!!!

PS - WOW
It’s like the LS 430, it can be a nice car, or it can be a SICK car, but you don’t know it until you see pics.

Same with the 530i, not a big fan stock, but after seeing it’s potential when modded, things change quickly. I know the new GS with some mods will be very smooth.
Old 01-12-04, 01:03 PM
LexFather

BTW, this is the greatest thread ever....
Old 01-12-04, 02:10 PM
CorplHIcks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LEGROOM LEGROOM LEGROOM

i'VE POSTED SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY BUT NO ONE YET HAS PROVIDED ANY PICS (TAKEN PERHAPS EVEN FROM FRONT SEAT LEANING OVER TO THE REAR) OR INFORMATION ABOUT THE REAR SEAT QUARTERS.

ANYWAY KNOW ANYTHING OR LOOK AT THE BACK WHEN YOU WERE AT THE SHOW LOOKING AT THE FRONT SEAT.

I CALLED LEXUS AND THEY HAD NO INFORMATION YET. DEALER IS USELESS ON THIS SO FAR.

THEREFORE I'M ASKING AGAIN?

WILL 2 INCH LONGER WHEELBASE TRANSLATE INTO MORE LEGROOM IN REAR?

ANYONE PEER OVER THE FRONT SEAT AND LOOK AT THE REAR SEATING QUARERS OR TAKE PICS THROUGH THE WINDOW -- THERE ARE NO PICS ANYWHERE OF REAR SEATING AREA.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

BTW IN MY OPINION-- THEY MADE A SOMEWHAT CONSERVATIVE LOOKING MIDSIZE SPORTS SEDAN AND DID NOT TAKE ANY BIG RISKS ON STYLING. IF YOU WERE THEM, YOU'D AIM FOR THE MIDDLE TOO PROBABLY AND NOT THE FRINGE SINCE MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT LIKE US AND WANT SOMETHING NICE BUT NOT TOO DIFFERENT LOOKING.

Last edited by CorplHIcks; 01-12-04 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-12-04, 02:37 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by z32
No Memory Seats?

Pesonally, I think the current V8 w/ 300Hp is enough (0-60 5.6s?) It would theatorically put Lexus into a better position if they increase it to 320Hp. But w/ the Hybrid coming out, it's not worth investing money into tweeking extra 20Hp on an engine that will retire soon? A GS500 would be nice in 3 yrs time.
Who said it doesn't have memory seats?

Also, Lexus doesn't have to retire this engine if they go Hybrid. They are using the same engine in the RX.
Old 01-12-04, 02:38 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LEGROOM LEGROOM LEGROOM

Originally posted by CorplHIcks
i'VE POSTED SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY BUT NO ONE YET HAS PROVIDED ANY PICS (TAKEN PERHAPS EVEN FROM FRONT SEAT LEANING OVER TO THE REAR) OR INFORMATION ABOUT THE REAR SEAT QUARTERS.

ANYWAY KNOW ANYTHING OR LOOK AT THE BACK WHEN YOU WERE AT THE SHOW LOOKING AT THE FRONT SEAT.

I CALLED LEXUS AND THEY HAD NO INFORMATION YET. DEALER IS USELESS ON THIS SO FAR.

THEREFORE I'M ASKING AGAIN?

WILL 2 INCH LONGER WHEELBASE TRANSLATE INTO MORE LEGROOM IN REAR?

ANYONE PEER OVER THE FRONT SEAT AND LOOK AT THE REAR SEATING QUARERS OR TAKE PICS THROUGH THE WINDOW -- THERE ARE NO PICS ANYWHERE OF REAR SEATING AREA.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

BTW IN MY OPINION-- THEY MADE A SOMEWHAT CONSERVATIVE LOOKING MIDSIZE SPORTS SEDAN AND DID NOT TAKE ANY BIG RISKS ON STYLING. IF YOU WERE THEM, YOU'D AIM FOR THE MIDDLE TOO PROBABLY AND NOT THE FRINGE SINCE MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT LIKE US AND WANT SOMETHING NICE BUT NOT TOO DIFFERENT LOOKING.
Please don't yell, it's annoying.

They wouldn't open up the rear door or the trunk for me. The model lady told me that only the front driver door worked on this prototype.
Old 01-12-04, 03:56 PM
kenshin
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Let's look at what's wrong with this center stack inside:

First off - dump the cassette, it's a waste of space.

Second, why separate buttons for temp up/down? The rocker button on my 2000 GS is better ergonomically I think although I think I'd prefer a rotary dial.

Third, note the +/- on the shift gate - I guess this means no e-shift buttons on the steering wheel?

Fourth, I don't like the acres of dark hard textured plastic either side.

Fifth, as I've said (maybe I'm in the minority), I really think that aluminum trim is out of place.

Sixth, the wood grain looks cheaper than the walnut in mine, more like an ES.

None of these things make it a 'bad' interior, just not better than what I have today IMHO.

I agree with bitkahuna. I'm not too pleased with the interior either. Not very luxurious looking. One thing I also noticed, some of the buttons are too small. Also, the controls for the audio is way down. Especially when the transmission is set to Park, the driver might have difficulty reaching for the tiny buttons. Toyota has always been paying attention to detail and ergonomics for their cars. Why isn't that the case for the new GS. Even the door panels are so bland, not much lines and curves and trimmings.

I don't blame the designers for these "mistakes". I blame the people who had approved the car for final production, whoever they are!
Old 01-12-04, 03:58 PM
kenshin
Driver School Candidate

Question??? Where do you insert the key. I don't see any slots to put the key in, all we see in the steering area is the Start/Stop button.
Old 01-12-04, 04:18 PM
CorplHIcks
Driver School Candidate

Wink rear seat

Sorry did not mean to yell. only caps on the POS computer I was using earlier. Anyway, if anyone has thoughts on what I wrote about legroom = rear seat room, plus the other stuff, feel free tochime in.

thanks !!!1
Old 01-12-04, 04:19 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

The NEW GS probably have Keyless-Go like Mercedes - That is an awesome feature I saw well on the mercedes..

This is directed at all those who like the LFS - THE LFS is the Ugliest protoype I've ever seen - for you guys always complaining about how the new GS is compared to it.. I think the new GS is alot better looking despite its lack of "Aggressive" Styling - It has evolve nicely.. Keep on complaining if you like- Theres nothing you can do abou it now.. Its gonna look like that for another 7 years..

Now its not as pretty as the current GS but it has some nice new flavoring for the future..
LFS - Thank Whoever for not bring that hideous thing to production..If it did make it - I'm sure some one would have something to say -

Accept the facts or buy another car.. I'm tire of hearing all these negative comments..

Just wait til you see it in person - you might Love it!!
Old 01-12-04, 05:54 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Let's look at what's wrong with this center stack inside:

First off - dump the cassette, it's a waste of space.

Second, why separate buttons for temp up/down? The rocker button on my 2000 GS is better ergonomically I think although I think I'd prefer a rotary dial.

Third, note the +/- on the shift gate - I guess this means no e-shift buttons on the steering wheel?

Fourth, I don't like the acres of dark hard textured plastic either side.

Fifth, as I've said (maybe I'm in the minority), I really think that aluminum trim is out of place.

Sixth, the wood grain looks cheaper than the walnut in mine, more like an ES.

None of these things make it a 'bad' interior, just not better than what I have today IMHO.
Seven, the +/- on the manual shift are in the wrong direction.

Eight, the buttons vertically on the left and right are not raised. Do you need to press into the hole that the button is housed in? If not how much feedback do you really get?

Last edited by Mr Johnson; 01-12-04 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-12-04, 07:03 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default +/-

Originally posted by Mr Johnson
Seven, the +/- on the manual shift are in the wrong direction.

Eight, the buttons vertically on the left and right are not raised. Do you need to press into the hole that the button is housed in? If not how much feedback do you really get?

The + is the higher gear like an automatic is D 4 3 2 1 and the the - is the lower gear 1 back up?

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way?

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19