GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-04, 08:55 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tampa and Orlando
Old 02-20-04, 09:23 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the front is growing on me a little but the rear is a long ways away from ever growing on me..
Old 02-20-04, 09:29 AM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by Captain Bone
Whoa, I think my eyes are playing tricks on me.

The third pic down makes it look NOTHING like the maxima at all.

It may be the angle of the pic or something but the rear end looks much smaller and the stance is pefect.

Any one else seeing this?

-Anthony
I've always seen the new GS and the Maxima as 2 different creatures--and the GS blows the bloated Maxima away in terms of elegant, sporty styling. Count me in for a new GS once I start up and finish up residency--who knows, it might have some mid-model life improvements by then (aka more power!).

Great, fresh pics of the 2006 GS LexusLuver!
Old 02-20-04, 09:36 AM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Looked at the html links to the 2006 GS pics, and here's more that LexusLuver didn't post:

http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/s...=3&galleryId=3
Old 02-20-04, 10:04 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car is workable...nothing a few mods cannot correct!
Old 02-20-04, 10:54 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally posted by SeattleGS400
Looked at the html links to the 2006 GS pics, and here's more that LexusLuver didn't post:

http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/s...=3&galleryId=3
Thanks for the link SeattleGS400 and thanks for posting the pictures again Lexusluver.
Still haven't found any pics of the rear seats. Just want to know if that big middle "hump" is still there?

They should've left the zebrano woods on the Caddys...

Last edited by GS3Tek; 02-20-04 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-20-04, 11:02 AM
SeattleGS400
Advanced

Originally posted by CrazyGS
Thanks for the link SeattleGS400 and thanks for posting the pictures again Lexusluver.
Still haven't found any pics of the rear seats. Just want to know if that big middle "hump" is still there?

They should've left the zebrano woods on the Caddys...
No prob. I know what you mean with the Zebrano wood--at least from the pics, all of the wood looks like it's made of plastic--whether it's on the steering wheel, console, or door. Maybe it's just me. . .

Also, did you notice that the central console between the front seats has leater on the side instead of plastic? That's pretty cool, but I don't know how durable it will be. . .
Old 02-20-04, 11:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,587 Posts

Originally posted by SCWells72
Yeah, it hasn't really grown on me, either. As before, I don't hate it, but I don't love it.
I agree. The more mods I do on my current GS, the less I'm interested in the new one too.
Old 02-22-04, 11:09 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

As an industrial designer (which includes car design) I'd like to add my opinion. I think the new GS is absolutely fabulous. It's much sleeker and sportier than the current model and has better proportions. I love the current GS as well, but the new one grabs my attention much more. I think ounce everyone sees it on the road, we'll be amazed. The only thing I might change in the design is the tail lights, although I do
like their simplicity, I think a quad set-up would have been more successful. As for the Maxima comparisons, the only similarity is really the thickness of the c-pillars and short decklid.
Those are just some of my thoughts.

-Josh
Old 02-23-04, 02:25 PM
beachboy23
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh! I'm disappointed in the 2005 Lexus GS. The front end looks like a Toyota Avalon; the rear end the old model Nissan Maxima. Lexus misses the mark on making the GS a sports sedan.

Lexus should have used the Lexus Future Sedan concept as the new GS.
Old 02-23-04, 03:05 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by JLSC4
As an industrial designer (which includes car design) I'd like to add my opinion. I think the new GS is absolutely fabulous. It's much sleeker and sportier than the current model and has better proportions. I love the current GS as well, but the new one grabs my attention much more. I think ounce everyone sees it on the road, we'll be amazed. The only thing I might change in the design is the tail lights, although I do
like their simplicity, I think a quad set-up would have been more successful. As for the Maxima comparisons, the only similarity is really the thickness of the c-pillars and short decklid.
Those are just some of my thoughts.

-Josh
I agree Josh. Once this is on the road, I think many will feel differently.
Old 02-23-04, 05:11 PM
LexFather

Update on the silver/yellow Maxima. I actually was at Phipps Plaza yesterday and saw it in person. Then, seems he posted on the Maxima board:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=287786

live in GA and going from Cobb to Fulton County on I75 and the speed limit was 55mph, i got pulled over for going 142mph, got yanked out the car and put in cuffs and thrown in the back of the state patrol car for going that fast, just got home from spending 7pm to 4 am in the Atlanta Jail, bond was $1554.00 and i got 3 tickets, the first for speeding, 2nd for wreckless driving, and the 3rd failure to stay in lane. i always drive this fast but its the first time i got cought and i was expecting a ticket, but just letting know you all who drive fast just take it slow, i certainly learned my lesson, and i still have to pay the ticket fines it f+++in sux man

Small world....
Old 02-26-04, 07:57 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I run across some italinan concept design magazine and they have about full four pages dedicated to Lexus LF-S! There are alot of pictures we havent seen including the making of LF-S and CGI interior shots.

But one picture that "moved" me the most was profile picture. LF-S in profile looks exactly like new GS except the shape of tailights. It's unbelievable! I mean LF-S is different in any other angle than GS but in profile they are same exact car.

The biggest change that I noticed was the lines on the hood and sides. On LF-S they are different from those on new GS and that could be the most distincitve difference betweein them. You will also see the grill on LF-S took a lot of cues from new GS.

Anyway I will buy the mag, scan the pages and post.

Last edited by Vladi; 02-26-04 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-27-04, 09:00 AM
SCHEME
Pole Position

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Update on the silver/yellow Maxima. I actually was at Phipps Plaza yesterday and saw it in person. Then, seems he posted on the Maxima board:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=287786

live in GA and going from Cobb to Fulton County on I75 and the speed limit was 55mph, i got pulled over for going 142mph, got yanked out the car and put in cuffs and thrown in the back of the state patrol car for going that fast, just got home from spending 7pm to 4 am in the Atlanta Jail, bond was $1554.00 and i got 3 tickets, the first for speeding, 2nd for wreckless driving, and the 3rd failure to stay in lane. i always drive this fast but its the first time i got cought and i was expecting a ticket, but just letting know you all who drive fast just take it slow, i certainly learned my lesson, and i still have to pay the ticket fines it f+++in sux man

Small world....
OK that's it. I'm going to have to say something to this dude. I just hope I don't slip and say you got arrested for having a car to ugly for Georgia DOT street standards.
Old 02-27-04, 09:02 AM
SCHEME
Pole Position

I thought I saw a 05 GS yesterday. It was pretty far away, I could tell it wasn't a Maxima though. When I got up on it I saw that it was this . . .

A Mitsubishi Galant. I'm actually not even mad anymore. Maybe this is just the way that Japanese sedeans will look for a while.

Last edited by SCHEME; 02-27-04 at 09:03 AM.

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19