GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-04, 05:51 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by SCWells72
The MDX and new RL have AWD and obviously the NSX is RWD. There are reasonably reliable rumors that the new RL's AWD system will be fitted onto the TL as well.

Yes, Acura does use I4s and V6s for their cars. Just part of the Honda/Acura philosophy. If you look at the new TL, though, it's just about as quick as our V8 GS4s (and arguably faster with a manual tranny). Yes, I know it's FWD...just commenting on the quality and performance of Acura's V6s since you're pointing out that they're not using V8s.
An 8 has a nicer acceleration curve in my opinion. You get a lot more torque at lower RPM's. The 6 gets all it's HP at a high RPM so you've got to whine it to keep it rolling.
Old 04-19-04, 05:54 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Is it me, or does the front of the Solara lay the ground work for the upcoming GS?

See attached
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-solara.jpg  
Old 04-19-04, 05:55 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

And here's the GS again :-)
Attached Thumbnails The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19-gs_4.jpg  
Old 04-19-04, 09:10 AM
hubjunky1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else went to the NY International auto show this week ? After fighting through the crowds, I finally got to see the new GS at the lexus display upstairs, I was very disappointed, and this coming from someone who went in kinda excited about it. I thought some of the pictures looked pretty good from what I saw on the web, but in person, the car just didnt cut the mustard. It just looked kinda cheap in its design and construction, like when Hyundai tries to do something "cool and edgy." The interior also left something to be desired. So word to the wise.. if you dont like the pictures.. you certainly wont like the real thing!

Just my two cents
Old 04-19-04, 10:42 AM
Skinny
Driver

Opinions, Opinions.....

A couple of people have also said they like it better in person over pictures.

I think it looks pretty good in person to begin with, much better than the current GS. But it's not perfect.

The grille is kind of bland in design, and I wish the rear doors didn't have the BMW kink in it, they should have kept it more rounded like the 1st and 2nd generation GS.
Old 04-19-04, 10:45 AM
Skinny
Driver

"He said the the new GS3 was having issues right now so they are going to release the v8 first."

The 2006 GS is still a year away from release.

I think the guy is blowing some hot air out of you know what orifice.
Old 04-19-04, 10:58 AM
pfsacer
Driver

I have to agree with Skinny here.

The GS being another year away from release, stating that they are having problems with the V6 model would be kind of rediculous, even if it would anything to do with the hybrid part of it.

A year is a long time to get things sorted out, if they have any issues
Old 04-19-04, 11:04 AM
JDZ25
Driver

A couple of people have also said they like it better in person over pictures.
I would be one of these people. I was able to go the NY auto show this past weekend with my wife and son and I think the new GS looked much better in person. The lines seemed a lot more crisp and defined than all of the pictures I have seen.

IMO, the one problem with the new GS is that it is still a year away. I would buy one today if I could. The wait is going to be torture.
Old 04-19-04, 04:36 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by JDZ25
I would be one of these people. I was able to go the NY auto show this past weekend with my wife and son and I think the new GS looked much better in person. The lines seemed a lot more crisp and defined than all of the pictures I have seen.

IMO, the one problem with the new GS is that it is still a year away. I would buy one today if I could. The wait is going to be torture.

that is a ugly car and iam glad i got my 99 insted !!! my 2 cents.....
Old 04-21-04, 03:58 PM
jaysonb
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by lexusondubs
that is a ugly car and iam glad i got my 99 insted !!! my 2 cents.....
A 2006 GS in Pink with a gold trim package would look better than what your LS sounds like.

20" wheels. meh! aftermarket tv monitor. ghetto.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by jaysonb; 04-21-04 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-21-04, 04:59 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by jaysonb
A 2006 GS in Pink with a gold trim package would look better than what your LS sounds like.

20" wheels. meh! aftermarket tv monitor. ghetto.

Just my 2 cents.

WELL DRIVER SCHOOL CANIDATE i suggest you keep your comments to your self nobody asked for your 2 cents anyways

Last edited by lexusondubs; 04-21-04 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-21-04, 09:11 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now Now kids lets play nice and keep this on topic.. Thanks!

I think we all need to just wait and see what the production car looks like before we start passing judgement.. My hope thou is they change that wood interior looks terrible to me.. What they have in the current LS / SC is perfect.. Just my 2 cents!
Old 04-21-04, 09:16 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally posted by
Now Now kids lets play nice and keep this on topic.. Thanks!

I think we all need to just wait and see what the production car looks like before we start passing judgement.. My hope thou is they change that wood interior looks terrible to me.. What they have in the current LS / SC is perfect.. Just my 2 cents!
2SAVVY THAT GRILL MOD IS AWESOME I DID IT YESTERDAY
Old 04-22-04, 07:35 AM
pfsacer
Driver

2SAVVY, I agree totally, it should be # 1 on the list of changes, # 2 would be to get rit of the aluminum trim on the center.

Naturally that would be after they put a 400hp-V8 in it
Old 04-25-04, 12:12 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by hubjunky1
Anyone else went to the NY International auto show this week ? After fighting through the crowds, I finally got to see the new GS at the lexus display upstairs, I was very disappointed, and this coming from someone who went in kinda excited about it. I thought some of the pictures looked pretty good from what I saw on the web, but in person, the car just didnt cut the mustard. It just looked kinda cheap in its design and construction, like when Hyundai tries to do something "cool and edgy." The interior also left something to be desired. So word to the wise.. if you dont like the pictures.. you certainly wont like the real thing!

Just my two cents
I went to the NY autoshow and I thought the car was a real beauty. I think it look cheap because it's a preproduction model. If you looked closely at the interior yeah it does look cheap but I think it's simply because it's only a preproduction model. But for me I like it...

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19