GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04 | 09:59 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by XanaduSC
First off why is the new 2006 GS thread closed on the GS forum? Says locked, I finally found this thread over here in Car Chat.

If you don't want the Nav system, I wonder if you can still get the rear parking distance control, example,. sensors in the rear bumper to alert for backing up?
B/C I put it together for info only. I don't want people having to scroll through 500 pages for the pics. You can see everything there and post comments here
Old 12-07-04 | 02:55 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Question

Anybody know (roughly) what the 2006 GS is going to start at in price for the V6?
Old 12-09-04 | 08:43 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

How you doin. I was currently in the market for a car around 50-55 gs. So i got fixated tot he rl. Beatiful car i can name everything different from that car to the 06 gs. Its got v6 300 gs got v8 300(little better off the line). The rl is a lil smaller which i dont liek at all i liek to have room and be comfortable i sit way back. The rl does have some things the gs does have but in retro spect they balance eachother out for instance the rl hase real time traffic, a noise cancellationinc system, a hat sensor form satelit that automaticaly changes temp settings, maintance minder, sh-awd but the gs has a backup camera, awd, longer wheelbase, the lexus name, better materails, hands down better ride , and acuras reliability is greta but just a miniscule notch under lexus. And the gs in the end is about 3gs more so i have decided i will scrap the rl and get the 2006 gs430. This is surprising to me as a current owner of an 04 tl also had an 02 i am a loyal acura owner but their cars are getting just a little to sporty. Also got an 05 maxima and liek someone said the back pillar does carry over from the maxima to the gs which is fine everyone gets cues from everyone.
Old 12-09-04 | 08:44 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

at first it was ugly
until i saw that picture of it with a kit and chrome wheels
that was crazy thanks to whoever made it!!

i think this car is beutiful, remember its stock,
like all other cars it looks plain in stock mode
with our help, this car is yet the best GS now!!

as lexus fans, lets embrace this new member!
with great open arms
Old 12-10-04 | 10:06 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

yeah thanks.. Soon to be lexus owner... Anways only things im doin to my 06 gs 430 is capri rims giovani and tints if i got the extra money ima put 3 tvs in but besides that i think im cool mabey if i se a really classy body kit i would but i dont like that cheap honda civic sooped up look if u kno what i mean.

P.S. lexus freak i am figuring high 30s around 39 low 40s... From what i kno

Last edited by BaLLzZz; 12-10-04 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-12-04 | 08:01 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Is Jan 6, 2005 the next big entrance of the new GS? Will there be pictures here. I wan't to see more real life pictures, not glossed up catalog photos. I am really interested in this new GS. May trade in my 98 SC400.

So far I'm really drawn to the black-wood but I need to see it upclose, can you see the graines of wood streaks in the blackwood like you would in burlwood? Do you also think this new GS will have sports car handling?

Thanks
Old 12-12-04 | 07:59 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Im really praying it doesn't have sports car handling.. But from what and how ive seen lexuz progress i do not think they would do that to the gs as all very luxurious ride but great handling is what i expect
Old 12-13-04 | 06:27 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally posted by BaLLzZz
How you doin. I was currently in the market for a car around 50-55 gs. So i got fixated tot he rl. Beatiful car i can name everything different from that car to the 06 gs. Its got v6 300 gs got v8 300(little better off the line). The rl is a lil smaller which i dont liek at all i liek to have room and be comfortable i sit way back. The rl does have some things the gs does have but in retro spect they balance eachother out for instance the rl hase real time traffic, a noise cancellationinc system, a hat sensor form satelit that automaticaly changes temp settings, maintance minder, sh-awd but the gs has a backup camera, awd, longer wheelbase, the lexus name, better materails, hands down better ride , and acuras reliability is greta but just a miniscule notch under lexus. And the gs in the end is about 3gs more so i have decided i will scrap the rl and get the 2006 gs430. This is surprising to me as a current owner of an 04 tl also had an 02 i am a loyal acura owner but their cars are getting just a little to sporty. Also got an 05 maxima and liek someone said the back pillar does carry over from the maxima to the gs which is fine everyone gets cues from everyone.
What's a "hat sensor"?

seriousyl haev yuo raed your post ist hadr to raed leik

Last edited by rai; 12-13-04 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-13-04 | 07:23 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

CORRECTIONS*

How you doin. I was currently in the market for a car around 50-55 gs. So i got fixated to the rl. Beatiful car i can name everything different from that car to the 06 gs. Its got v6 300 gs got v8 300(little better off the line). The rl is a lil smaller which i dont liek at all i liek to have room and be comfortable i sit way back. The rl does have some things the gs does have but in retro spect they balance eachother out for instance the rl has real time traffic, a noise cancellationinc system, a heat sensor form satellite that automaticaly changes temp settings, maintance minder, sh-awd but the gs has a backup camera, awd, longer wheelbase, the lexus name, better materials, hands down better ride , and acuras reliability is great but just a miniscule notch under lexus. And the gs in the end is about 3gs more so i have decided i will scrap the rl and get the 2006 gs430. This is surprising to me as a current owner of an 04 tl also had an 02 i am a loyal acura owner but their cars are getting just a little to sporty. Also got an 05 maxima and liek someone said the back pillar does carry over from the maxima to the gs which is fine everyone gets cues from everyone.
Old 12-13-04 | 08:18 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Hey I was just messing with you.

I was thinking they had a "hat" sensor to see if you had a hat on. dam that car has everything. LOL

Last edited by rai; 12-13-04 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-13-04 | 10:22 AM
akiwirad
Driver School Candidate

FYI. The New Zealand newspaper STUFF has a short article regarding driving impressions of the 2006 GS.430.
Look under motoring and then big block Gs 430.
Sorry I cannot not give you the direct connection.
The writer praised the cars ride , handling and steering.
regards , akiwirad.
Old 12-13-04 | 10:24 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by akiwirad
FYI. The New Zealand newspaper STUFF has a short article regarding driving impressions of the 2006 GS.430.
Look under motoring and then big block Gs 430.
Sorry I cannot not give you the direct connection.
The writer praised the cars ride , handling and steering.
regards , akiwirad.
Google is my friend. "New Zealand Stuff GS430"

BOOM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3119672a30,00.html

Big block for Lexus GS
06 December 2004

It's not officially available anywhere in the world yet, but Dave Moore has driven Lexus' remarkable GS sedan.

For the first time in New Zealand, Lexus is to offer a 4.3-litre GS430 alongside a pair of 3.0-litre Quad Cam V6 GS300s with the introduction of the third-generation model next year. The V6s in the GS range will have state-of-the-art petrol direct injection for optimised performance, fuel economy and reduced emissions: fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber, thereby improving combustion efficiency and reducing pumping losses.

The VVT-i equipped all-alloy direct- injection V6s offer greater performance than the 3.0-litre straight six they supersede.

The car has already won the German magazine Auto Zeitung's Car of the Year title despite not being available in that country or, for that matter, anywhere else.

A pre-production example of the Japanese luxury sports sedan has been brought into New Zealand to test the waters and Drive was invited to drive it.

Gary McIver, the manager of Lexus New Zealand, says the new GS will be "the start of a new, cohesive corporate look" for Lexus. Previously, each Lexus model was a stand-alone prospect in terms of its styling. From the GS onwards, the whole range will become visually connected as new models come through.

While full local specification is yet to be confirmed, the new generation GS line will incorporate a sophisticated array of advanced safety, comfort and convenience features, including flow-down technological features from the current LS430 flagship.

Lexus unveiled its third-generation GS at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in January where it was introduced as the first in a wave of Lexus products to reflect a new direction in styling first seen in the Lexus concept vehicles at the Tokyo Motor Show in October last year.

The new direct-injected 3.0-litre V6s that replace the current inline six will produce 181kW, and join a 4.3-litre 222kW V8 available in the North American market GS II and the company's SC and LS 430 models.

Both engines are teamed with a new close-ratio six-speed automatic transmission, with a sequential manual-shifting mode.

For New Zealand, there will be two trim levels of the GS300 model, and a single, loaded version of the GS430.

The new GS will use the latest version of what Lexus calls its Vehicle Dynamic Management (VDM) system. Less obtrusive and more effective than conventional Vehicle Stability Control, (VSC), VDM anticipates and corrects the onset of a vehicle skid or slide with a combination of braking and throttle control.

For New Zealand, the GS's specification also includes keyless entry, adaptive headlights, Lexus rear- view camera, advanced tyre pressure warning system and front-passenger and driver-knee airbags.

The GS will also offer an optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) to help reduce collision injury and damage. The system uses a wave radar sensor to detect obstacles in front of the car while a pre-collision system computer works to determine in advance whether a collision is unavoidable.

If a collision is anticipated, the system pre-emptively retracts the front seat belts and prepares Brake Assist for increased braking force to help reduce collision speed.

While the GS430 in its third-generation form is instantly recognisable as a Lexus GS, the car's lines are more fluid than before and create a car which has terrific presence in a class dominated by BMW's 5-series, the Benz E-Class and Audi's A6 – no shrinking violets themselves.

Lexus has tried hard with the GS's styling. The complex curves that make up the front lamp-and-guard area must have been a metal-former's nightmare, and the low profiled alloys of our test car were well chosen.

From the outset, it is obvious that this is a Lexus to drive, rather than to be driven in. The car's new variable- assisted power steering gives great feel around the straight ahead and immediately off it – a boon at turn-in – and, even with the great velvet fist of Lexus V8 power under the bonnet, the chassis offered masses of grip on off-camber bends and changes of surface.

Unlike previous GSs, the GS430 seems to ride well, too, with little road shock getting through to the cabin and no need for the driver or other occupants to wince when approaching manhole covers or expansion gaps.

From first impressions, the GS feels much closer to its German competitors than its predecessor did, with a much more mature look and feel about the whole car and a chassis that encourages enthusiastic drivers and cruisers in equal portions.

With two levels of V6 trim and the range-topping V8, the new GS will probably have a spread of prices when it reaches here at the end of the first quarter of 2005. I'd expect the stickers to run from $105,000 to $145,000.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-13-04 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-13-04 | 10:35 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Great find

Last edited by rai; 12-13-04 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-15-04 | 06:53 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default New GS hybrid

13/12/04: by Trish Whelan — A hybrid version of the new Lexus GS saloon is likely to be put into production in 2006, to become the second Lexus platform to go hybrid. The RX400h SUV - on sale from next April - will be the first.

The GS450h will have a 4.5-litre V-8 with an electric motor, reported to provide V-12 performance with V-6 fuel economy.

Meanwhile, autumn of next year will see a redesign of the IS series saloons will include greater engine choices to make the line more competitive against the BMW 3 series.

The engines will be from a new Toyota 'family' that will have front- and rear-drive applications.

Lexus is on target to be the biggest-selling premium brand in the US this year, for the fifth year in succession.

Source
Old 12-15-04 | 07:34 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Interesting article. I personally think that we are going to see a hybrid motor with the 3.5L V6 (~300HP) and AWD. It makes more sense that way when considering the RX330 and RX400h relationship. Take a V6, add a hybrid motor, and you get V-8 power, thus the V8 nomenclature.

If they were going to strap a hybrid motor to the V8, I'd be expecting a GS500 or GS550 or something of that nature.

-Michael-

Quick Reply: The 2005 GS Jan 6th 2004 @ 8:30 am EST(ALL COMMENTS HERE PLEASE!)Pics pg 19