GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone started putting away cash for the new '06 GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-04 | 09:43 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I somewhat dislike the fact that some say that the new GS is OK but with a few mods, it would look great. I think the 2nd Gen looks great without mods. It looks even better with mods. And if we are waiting for mods, I am not sure how long it would take for the aftermarket to come up with things for the 3rd gen.

The first 3 years of the 2nd gen, there were not a whole lot available; some but not nearly as much as now. If the car needs mods, it's all the more reason to wait a few years before getting one, unless you want to get one and let it run out of warranty before modding.

I personally want to wait for the refresh. Many of us spend $ to refresh our cars to look similar to the 01+ (tails, console, grille, ...) but can't really replace the technology and safety enhancements and fixes that comes over the years (brake assist, DRL (assuming you want it ), CRS, ...).

But then again, after waiting that long, who knows what the market will be like and what cars are available? The GS may not be as compelling then or maybe even more. Only time will tell.
Old 12-13-04 | 09:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
I somewhat dislike the fact that some say that the new GS is OK but with a few mods, it would look great. I think the 2nd Gen looks great without mods. It looks even better with mods. And if we are waiting for mods, I am not sure how long it would take for the aftermarket to come up with things for the 3rd gen.

The first 3 years of the 2nd gen, there were not a whole lot available; some but not nearly as much as now. If the car needs mods, it's all the more reason to wait a few years before getting one, unless you want to get one and let it run out of warranty before modding.

I personally want to wait for the refresh. Many of us spend $ to refresh our cars to look similar to the 01+ (tails, console, grille, ...) but can't really replace the technology and safety enhancements and fixes that comes over the years (brake assist, DRL (assuming you want it ), CRS, ...).

But then again, after waiting that long, who knows what the market will be like and what cars are available? The GS may not be as compelling then or maybe even more. Only time will tell.
very well said.... i think if a car is really refreshing to me, i don't have to do anything to make it nice. the new gs is ok, but it doesn't have the "damn" factor to me yet. modded is nicer, but that means more work too

it's almost (again, ALMOST) like saying the 7 series is nice, if it's lowered with 22s....
Old 12-14-04 | 12:11 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by UptownGS
are you kidding me? I haven't even finished with my 2nd gen GS... how am I going to be able to pick up another GS and start modding that one.... besides i'd have to wait for 2007 to pick up the 2nd year cars so they would be able to fix any minor problems.
I've barely even started on mine I personally am not a fan of the 3rd Generation GS, but maybe that might change once I see one in person. Im quite content with my 2nd Generation, and expect to have it in my possession well into the 4th and 5th Generations (by then, I might actually have it looking half-way decent!).
Old 01-03-05 | 07:42 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally, I didn't think they were agressive enough with the redesign. The reason why the car is so timeless is bcause of it's radical love-it-or-hate-it redesign from Gen1. And yes, I thought it looked like a maxina too, lol. But when you really look at it, it's a beautiful car. Though I won't be an early adopter for this Gen3 that will probably be going over list for the first couple of months...I know my next car is definately going to be an 06 GS. I'm going to wait for the 2006 GS350 AWD. Although, the new engine probably won't debut until 2008. I know I'm syked for the AWD!!!
Old 01-03-05 | 09:33 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default saving for something

don't know if its gonna be a new gs, but i am saving no matter what.
either a nice clean 93-98 supra, or maybe a new corvette. I am on the local lexus list of first to call when the new gs comes out, so i can jump in the driver seat. Heck my gf is excited bout the release of it. I am sure it won't dissapoint, buts its hard to compare it to a car with 200 more hp and 40 grand more.
Old 01-03-05 | 10:38 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Wow, am I the only person that plans one picking one up in 3 months? I have been debating for the past couple months what my new car would be. Originally, it was the TL, then the RL, and now the GS. Now it's between the GS and the RL. I'm not too happy about the GS being a 3.0 engine (i can't afford the 4.3), and i'm also wondering if I should wait until the hybrid comes out, but I sorta need a car within the next couple months.

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Not yet. I think it looks like a maxima. I'll need to see the car in person first, sit inside, and test drive it. Also if you want to buy a new car when its first released expect to pay over sticker price.

Tommy
Called a couple dealers and they all said they won't be selling the GS over sticker.
Old 01-04-05 | 12:29 AM
fluffy
Driver School Candidate

Default frebay

Nope your not the only one. Me in Singapore had already booked the new GS300 and ready for delivery in March.
Old 01-04-05 | 05:00 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am definitely NOT saving my money for the new gs! for lexus...my favorites are the is3, 2nd gen gs, ls430, sc430....I highly doubt the new gs will grow on me either
Old 01-04-05 | 05:58 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Yup Saving. I plan on getting it in june 05'. One reason is money and two is to see reviews and also test drive and let lexus get the tiny kinks out. For now i am driving a **** box purposly to save as much money as possible. Cant wait only about 5-6 months.
Old 01-04-05 | 09:31 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Im already booked for the new GS300. Hopefully getting it as soon as it hits my dealership in texas in feb -march. Ive been on the waiting list for like 3 months almost. (i was 15th on their list) Cant decide on the color though. Either Silver, Black, or flint Mica (graphite pearl) I dliek the interior to be black but with wood ...problem is with black interior they give cherry wood which is that ugly dark red color. i want the black like the one offered witht he gray interior. I wonder if the sportdesign birde eye maple wood will be offered liek a sport design package later on. Maybe someone can let me know?

Also, i want to sub out the rims on the GS3 for the GS430 rims....they look a hell lot better. Maybe its not possible for them to do that...oh well.
Old 01-04-05 | 11:42 AM
LexFather

I hope after driving it, it convinces me. Since I don't buy new cars, I would wait a year to buy a GS 430. UNLESS, the aftermarket responds very favorably to the V-6 with FI. Then it makes the decision more complicated.
Old 01-04-05 | 12:52 PM
static808
Driver School Candidate

Definitely savings the coins for the GS300 AWD. Not sure if my current ride can hold out another year for the GS350. Besides, my girl has a '04 TL so I need a stylin ride anyway. .

I just hope the GS300 AWD has a decent 0-60 and the overall performance is good enough. My other choice is the RL, but not liking the design. I can't justify paying $55K for a M35 AWD. Lexus is where its at !

By the way, what mods could you put on a Inline 6cylinder. Isn't it already tweaked out ?
Old 01-04-05 | 12:57 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by static808
Definitely savings the coins for the GS300 AWD. Not sure if my current ride can hold out another year for the GS350. Besides, my girl has a '04 TL so I need a stylin ride anyway. .

I just hope the GS300 AWD has a decent 0-60 and the overall performance is good enough. My other choice is the RL, but not liking the design. I can't justify paying $55K for a M35 AWD. Lexus is where its at !

By the way, what mods could you put on a Inline 6cylinder. Isn't it already tweaked out ?
Welcome to Clublexus. The new design is a V-6. The I-6 is dropped since it is not ULEV compliant and its just a very old design (still legendary though).

The aftermarket has ALWAYS been after Lexus
. We have no info on what will come but expect tons of aftermarket support like the current GS.
Old 01-04-05 | 01:27 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I think I will get an 04 LS430 before the new GS.
Old 01-04-05 | 01:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Richie
I think I will get an 04 LS430 before the new GS.
I noticed a few people have said this as well. Instead of getting a new GS, move up to the LS.

Quick Reply: Anyone started putting away cash for the new '06 GS