GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

put down my deposit today at 2 dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-05, 04:58 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akbergq
anyways....what do u do? and what color and options are u planning on getting for your new GS? GS300 OR 430?

later bro
nice... man i'd be suprised if u can get one out the door for under 45k.. i'm 24, not that much older than you... i've been investing in property for the past few years, so I feel it's time to throw my money at a depreciating asset.

i'm aiming for a fully loaded gs 300 glacier frost w/ grey leather. I"m keeping my fingers crossed that i'll be out the door under 50k.
Old 01-11-05, 06:15 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys dont mind, I just want to compare (from the ones that are actually getting a new GS) - what color exterior and interior and options they are planing to get.

And if they want to purchase or lease it.

No im not thinking of going into workign for a dealership...lol just curious and want to see if everyone is pretty much wanting the same colors.

Me - graphite flint mica with light gray interior and birds eye maple wood package and HID lights (if the graphite color is available)

thanks
Old 01-11-05, 06:20 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Dude sre you serious??!?!?

Thats exactly what my dad and I are going to do in a month or so with an old school buddy of his! We are going to buy a shoppign strip center and lease out all the spaces. The property is 2.5 million...bank has already approved us with the loan becasue we had 10 percent to put down....(somehow - managed to fork out 250 thousand from all three of us...believe it or not - luckily i didnt have to put in anything - but im still putting some money down too).

but thats awesome bro! small world...

=)
Old 01-20-05, 04:44 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by frebay
i put down my 500 dollar deposit at 2 dealerships today. Anyone else do this yet? there's 25 people in front of me at one dealership.
2 deposits? How many GS's are you buying?
Old 01-20-05, 07:30 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

frebay: "i'm aiming for a fully loaded gs 300 glacier frost w/ grey leather. I"m keeping my fingers crossed that i'll be out the door under 50k."

According to the build link on lexus canada website, if you get a glacier frost vehicle...the only interior colors avaiable are that cashmere and black interior for the GS.

This could be only for canada and the US offerings may be different.

Just an FYI.
Old 01-20-05, 07:30 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by akbergq
Dude sre you serious??!?!?

Thats exactly what my dad and I are going to do in a month or so with an old school buddy of his! We are going to buy a shoppign strip center and lease out all the spaces. The property is 2.5 million...bank has already approved us with the loan becasue we had 10 percent to put down....(somehow - managed to fork out 250 thousand from all three of us...believe it or not - luckily i didnt have to put in anything - but im still putting some money down too).

but thats awesome bro! small world...

=)

Damn, my mom is in the same business except she buys homes instead of shopping centers.She purchases homes in a few run down areas of NJ fixes them up and either sells them or rents it out. It brings in such a positive cash flow. It seems like there are so many people on this board that do the same thing, and makes me want to even more get into the business with my mom after I graduate.

AS far as the GS if I was putting a deposit diwn I would get Flint Mica and Black interior 430 with Navi, 18in wheels and spoiler and call it the day.
Old 01-20-05, 09:19 AM
frebay
Pole Position

Originally Posted by magneto112
Damn, my mom is in the same business except she buys homes instead of shopping centers.She purchases homes in a few run down areas of NJ fixes them up and either sells them or rents it out. It brings in such a positive cash flow. It seems like there are so many people on this board that do the same thing, and makes me want to even more get into the business with my mom after I graduate.

AS far as the GS if I was putting a deposit diwn I would get Flint Mica and Black interior 430 with Navi, 18in wheels and spoiler and call it the day.

why go to college? i thought it was a complete waste of time and learned nothing in my 4 years.
Old 01-20-05, 09:25 AM
marcpitch
Driver

why go to college? i thought it was a complete waste of time and learned nothing in my 4 years.
College teaches one not to say stupid things like above. It is ok to think them, but saying them only advertises that you were so excited to have made it through high school.
Old 01-20-05, 09:59 AM
frebay
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marcpitch
College teaches one not to say stupid things like above. It is ok to think them, but saying them only advertises that you were so excited to have made it through high school.

i actually graduated from UCLA, and honestly, i didn't learn a single thing that i can apply to real world...so i don't think it's a stupid comment. it's not only me but all my friend's that graduated the same time as me has this same viewpoint...
Old 01-20-05, 10:42 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

i actually graduated from UCLA, and honestly, i didn't learn a single thing that i can apply to real world...so i don't think it's a stupid comment. it's not only me but all my friend's that graduated the same time as me has this same viewpoint...
Well the problem might be with what your degree is in! My degree in Accounting has been very useful even though I have used little outside of the debit and credit concepts. In addition to some of the concepts learned it provides other factors that will and can be useful after college.

School is not only for textbook learning, but also for learning appropriate social interaction, showing the ability to learn (so that you can prove to a potential employer that you can learn the tasks you need to complete your job in a professional and proficient manner once they hire you), and it also helps to improve your ability to reason and problem solve. College is not solely about the information in the textbooks, but how you are able to interpret and understand them and then use those abilities in the real world. Besides ,there are useful things in the textbooks if you know how to use them and attempt to earn the right type degree.

There are a number of specialized degrees where the information that you do learn in the textbook is useful and needed. (Science, math, accounting, etc.).

A general busines or other similar type degree won't really distinguish you from the pack and thus is usually worthless outside of getting your foot in the door at a prospective employer. it's what you do once you have your foot in the door that matters when you have those type of degress.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 01-20-05 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-20-05, 12:17 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

My major is in Architecture. And in order for me to do anything that I have a true love for I have to do 5 plus years of college just to become an Architect. Within my major I have learned a lot and to me isnt a complete waste of time.(honestly depends on your major and what you have learned outside of college too. THere are so many variables) On top of that, if I want to get into the same business with my mom I will have the ability to design whatever it is with a particular house, strip mall, club etc. So basically what interests me the most also requires a college degree. And everything else WhiteTiger has said.

Plus not everyone has the ability to be self-employed or entreprenuers like you and my mom and can go out and freely start a business.
Old 01-20-05, 12:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

How did the convo go from putting down a deposit to what type of college degree you have?
Old 01-20-05, 01:25 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

wierd huh. s**** happens.
Old 01-20-05, 04:54 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by flipside909
How did the convo go from putting down a deposit to what type of college degree you have?
lmao flip! good point!
Old 01-21-05, 07:41 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

My dealer just called me saying lexus is giving out a "GS test kit" for the upcoming third generation GS...its going to be handed out to a few people. I was 15th on their list of 90 people and they only received 3 of these kits total , and he decided to give me one because we keep very close relations with each other about the vehicle. He doesnt know what it is because it is in a closed box or envelope. Hes mailing it to me so i should have it in a few days

Anyone else know what this is or has received these?

Quick Reply: put down my deposit today at 2 dealerships