GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

put down my deposit today at 2 dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-05, 02:13 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default put down my deposit today at 2 dealerships

i put down my 500 dollar deposit at 2 dealerships today. Anyone else do this yet? there's 25 people in front of me at one dealership.
Old 01-10-05, 02:28 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i put one deposit down...but at only one dealership...this was i think back in late october or early novemeber of 04...again it was for $500.

i was like 16th on the list.
Old 01-10-05, 02:28 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by frebay
i put down my 500 dollar deposit at 2 dealerships today. Anyone else do this yet? there's 25 people in front of me at one dealership.
2 dealerships!! You're hogging my slots!!

Well congrats on being one of the first 3rd-gen GS owners! You get my mad envy.
Old 01-10-05, 03:14 PM
frebay
Pole Position

did your dealership say march? b/c both of mine said april at the earliest.
Old 01-10-05, 03:17 PM
LexFather

Sweet dudes!
Old 01-10-05, 04:25 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Mine said march delivery. some other dealers around my area said april. Most dealerships are all bull****ters if you ask me. They know a lot of stuff but the bastards dont want to tell clients anything until it is "official"

Get this, one dealership i called near me (not the one i put my deposit at)....i talked to a lady named Debra...ad asked her if she had any info on pricing, colors and availablity date. She said she had started working there a month ago and said she would call me back and see what she could dig up. She calls back and says this to me.........

"I jus spoke with my general sales mgr, and he told me the pricing is between 46 and 53K dollars for the GS300/430., and wont be at our dealerships till late february...but if u book the vehicle through us , as of right now there is a 2 month wait"

I was like..46-53K?!?!?!? Its that much?!?!? she said i believe so sir...thats what my General Sales Manager just told me to convey. I asked is this pricing over MSRP? she said she didnt believe so. Maybe she was right in saying she didnt know, or maybe she was just plain stupid and didnt know jack except that its "redesigned and coming in early spring". She told me she had an 04 GS300 on the showroom floor brand new with just the leather heated seat interior ..and it was priced at 42,900K....im like...wtf??? the price is like 40K for that car, plus ttl..you can find that at lexus.com

So i dont knwo...what iv found at dealerships is some idiots are there with a lexus badge and dont know ****...and most dont have a freakin clue about the GS at all besides that its a redesigned model coming early spring...

i swear...all of us here at CL are REAL product speailists and sales reps if you ask me...these sales reps are soo uninformed and dont know anything, even if you try to explain to them what you want.
Old 01-10-05, 07:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by akbergq
Get this, one dealership i called near me (not the one i put my deposit at)....i talked to a lady named Debra...ad asked her if she had any info on pricing, colors and availablity date. She said she had started working there a month ago and said she would call me back and see what she could dig up. She calls back and says this to me.........

"I jus spoke with my general sales mgr, and he told me the pricing is between 46 and 53K dollars for the GS300/430., and wont be at our dealerships till late february...but if u book the vehicle through us , as of right now there is a 2 month wait"

I was like..46-53K?!?!?!? Its that much?!?!? she said i believe so sir...thats what my General Sales Manager just told me to convey. I asked is this pricing over MSRP? she said she didnt believe so. Maybe she was right in saying she didnt know, or maybe she was just plain stupid and didnt know jack except that its "redesigned and coming in early spring". She told me she had an 04 GS300 on the showroom floor brand new with just the leather heated seat interior ..and it was priced at 42,900K....im like...wtf??? the price is like 40K for that car, plus ttl..you can find that at lexus.com

So i dont knwo...what iv found at dealerships is some idiots are there with a lexus badge and dont know ****...and most dont have a freakin clue about the GS at all besides that its a redesigned model coming early spring...

i swear...all of us here at CL are REAL product speailists and sales reps if you ask me...these sales reps are soo uninformed and dont know anything, even if you try to explain to them what you want.
I don't doubt those prices at all. You do know the *1st* gen GS could be about $46K?? And the current (2nd gen) GS430 with nav is $52K list before taxes, etc. I think I paid about $49k+tax for my 2000 GS400 with nav. You may think I got ripped but that was the best deal I could find.
Old 01-10-05, 08:50 PM
marcpitch
Driver

I have a better dealer salesperson story. I went in to a local Lexus dealership a month ago to pick up the 2006 GS brochure/teaser. As the woman hands it to me she tells me the GS300 will be AWD. I said I thought there would be an AWD version and a rear drive one. She says "nope." Then. I show her in the brochure she just handed me that I was right...2 versions of the GS300. Then, she makes matters worse by trying to get out of her stupidity by saying their dealership will only be selling the AWD version. WRONG.

I have been at many levels of sales and sales management and there is one thing that is a rule no matter what you sell: If you don't know the answer to a question, say so rather than make something up or guess. I think a lot of these dealers don't have a lot of information; however, these people should AT LEAST know what is in the "FREAKIN" brochure! (I am starting to talk like a Texan and I like it. )
Old 01-11-05, 04:07 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

My lexus sales consultant called today to follow up on the new GS just asking me some questions..u know - making conversation....and he just happened to ask me my age...and i said "oh im 23"

He was like.. "WOW...are you really? you are pretty dam young to drive a lexus at this age, arent ya? " and he gave me a warm laugh saying this - just playing around with me..and i was like..well i guess. He was like - im surprised you were not interested in the IS or SC coupe.

I told him I dont really like those 2 cars...the SC was ok looking...unless if it was the pebble edition..lol now that car i WOULD LOVE to have...he was like laughign saying - yah you may want to wait on that - its much more expensive than this new GS and theres only a few goign to made - which are pretty much all sold.

He asked me why I chose the lexus brand and the GS - out of curiosity....

All i told him was...same reason you are working for Lexus instead of another prestigious dealership....

price of the GS, quality of workmanship of a GS, look - inside and out ....service of lexus, super performance, and above all TOTAL VALUE from the GS. You cannot get a car as awesome looking as the new GS with the technology and features offered for a price in the low 40's, matched by the lexus name for quality and unmatched servicing. That is why i chose lexus and the GS instead of any other lineup of yours or any other automaker. I was going to consider the 5 series bmw - but the interior on that car is just GARBAGE,,,absolutely not plush in any way - or rick in appealing to the eye.

He paused and then said...wow - thats a pretty damm good answer. And i started to laugh.

He told me this next....

"Akber...you really impressed me by your reasonging in going with the new GS...im going to do somethign exclusive for you that i have honestly NOT said to anyone about....there is a road and drive event at this dealership with the new GS which is exclusive to lexus officials here at the dealership to demonstrate the car and so on and so forth. Im going to get you a special invitation to see that demonstration with us so you can see and feel the car when it comes to the dealership before even the first person on the list of mine. The event is at the end of this month. The guy from the company that does this is going to go around - its a flint mica - a graphite color gray that he is going to show at dealerships around here. I 'd love to have you here as well so you can see it too and drive it and feel the car."

I was in shock and went ecstatic....lolllll i could not believe it - I obviously accepted his offer...i mean who wouldnt? and above all - a graphite color one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats my top color choice for my new GS =) The sales man made my day today.....what an awesome experience for me from lexus =)

Im sure you guys have had similar experiences too.
Old 01-11-05, 04:20 PM
frebay
Pole Position

very nice... let us know how the test drive goes.

just out of curiousity, what do you do to afford a 50k car?
Old 01-11-05, 04:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

is a road and drive event at this dealership with the new GS which is exclusive to lexus officials here at the dealership to demonstrate the car and so on and so forth. Im going to get you a special invitation to see that demonstration with us so you can see and feel the car when it comes to the dealership before even the first person on the list of mine. The event is at the end of this month.
Score! Be careful though. I wouldn't advertise that info freely like that.
Old 01-11-05, 04:35 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Hey come on now...its not 50K lol low 40's remember? im trying not to think of going into the high 40's. My plan is to hopefully get the base GS300 with HID and just wood package..no ML or NAV or anythign else. Im hoping 45K is my drive out...lol i dont know if it will be possible or not.

Anyways, oh to answer your question. Im actually a pharmaceutical manager at a drug company. Basically i work in retail for them and also help boost sales for prescription and non-prescriptionary medicine. Im currently off work for 2 months to study for my GMAT exam and apply to get in business school to get my MBA. I graduated from college 2 yrs ago in Dec of 02. and got hired right before i graduated. Been working for the company ever since..so its been 2 yrs exactly now. But like i said, im on school leave to study and prepare for applications and what not.....

Man i wrote so much..lol i dont know why i cant just answer a simple question like you asked..lol i always end up going into detail with almsot everything. lol haha

anyways....what do u do? and what color and options are u planning on getting for your new GS? GS300 OR 430?

later bro
Old 01-11-05, 04:38 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Flip is right, now that i think about it. My sales rep also told me at the end- it was exclusive just to me...i dont know if he was just saying that to make me feel special...or if he really meant it. Judging by what flip said just now, he must have been serious...lol...i guess i have to keep this on the downlow.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

FLIP I KNOW VERY WELL YOU HAVE THE PRICING...lolllll come on bro..spill it...lolll

=)
Old 01-11-05, 04:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Im actually a pharmaceutical manager at a drug company.
Akber, you're a glorified drug dealer manager.

Haha trust me, you guys will be the first to know when and if I get that info.
Old 01-11-05, 04:45 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

LOL flip youre hilarious...loll i should not have written my job title out like that...lol it does make me sound like some drug manager..lolll

Let me rephrase what i had written earlier...

I work in sales for a healthcare company. I help boost retail sales for prescriptionary and non-prescriptionary medication and alongside 2 other managers working there cut operational costs, and budgeting, labor, etc all that good stuff at our location.

lol i hope that makes much more sense. and does not define me as a "DD" lol.

Quick Reply: put down my deposit today at 2 dealerships