GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS MSRP posted pg2!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 05:25 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about ventilated seats that heat and cool?

pls send me an e-mail once packages and final color options are in.
Old 01-26-05, 05:26 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frebay
pls send me an e-mail once packages and final color options are in.
You got it.
Old 01-26-05, 05:52 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
He is asking "Will low and high beams be HIDs"?

The reason many car makers don't have high beam HIDs is b/c it takes a few seconds for the HID gas to heat up enough to intensify, so if you flash someone or flick them on/off due to on coming traffic, you wouldn't really use it to its potential as the light would be on/off instead of just on.
Cars that have bi-xenon headlights use the inside pair of halogens as the high beam flash.

BTW, here's a silly question. If you go to the lexus.com site and build a GS300, it says the base price is $38,875 and delivery is $650. The first page of the configuration tool lists "optional packages," but I can't choose "none." So does that mean the lowest price one could configure the car for is with the cheapest "optional package"?

I ask that because if it's true, I wonder if Lexus is playing the same game with the new prices. Base price is $X, but because you have to get at least one package, real base price is actually $X+Y.
Old 01-26-05, 06:03 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Incendiary
If you go to the lexus.com site and build a GS300, it says the base price is $38,875 and delivery is $650. The first page of the configuration tool lists "optional packages," but I can't choose "none." So does that mean the lowest price one could configure the car for is with the cheapest "optional package"?

I ask that because if it's true, I wonder if Lexus is playing the same game with the new prices. Base price is $X, but because you have to get at least one package, real base price is actually $X+Y.
Yes, all car manufacturers do this, not just Lexus. However, in 2005 the options were leather w/ memory, heated front seats, cargo mat, trunk mat, wheel lock for an MSRP of $41,794.
In 2006 the leather w/ memory and heated seats are standard for a MSRP of $42,900. Pretty good price point if you ask me!
Old 01-26-05, 06:23 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Elizabeth...can u please email me any new information you receive about colors/ pricing/packages/and options. Do you know if there will only be full packages available or also individual options?

We've been told that the 18 inch rims will be optional on the RWD GS300. Do you know how much approximately they will cost?

One final word...

Im in the hunt for a silver or flint mica (if this color is available) RWD GS300 with wood steering and wood shifter. Do you think my driveout price, out the door will be $45,000 or under?

Thanks so much.

Akber rmani_ax@yahoo.com
Old 01-26-05, 06:26 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42900 (base price) + 650 for destination + 8.25% tax = 47142 so u won't be getting it under 45k
Old 01-26-05, 06:28 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Longo Lexus:
However, in 2005 the options were leather w/ memory, heated front seats, cargo mat, trunk mat, wheel lock for an MSRP of $41,794.
In 2006 the leather w/ memory and heated seats are standard for a MSRP of $42,900.

Lexus could still make you select an option taking the base price to the X+Y equation, as the member opointed out. Even though the leather seats are std for 2006, they could still make us select another option taking the base price higher. How do we know the base of the car will in fact be the base that is quoted, and not the X+Y equation? Do we know for sure lexus is not playing that game again?
Old 01-26-05, 06:34 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Infiniti and BMW let you get a car with zero options. Dunno about Audi or MB.

Acura, of course, only offers cars loaded to the gills.
Old 01-26-05, 06:35 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Oh crap...i forgot about the dam destination charges...lol UGH i hate paying taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my dealership can work it out with me. Its only a 2k dollar difference. lol wishful thinking? My budget was to stay right at 45,000 after taxes and fees. If not, I may consider just leasing the vehicle. Probably a 3 yr lease. or hell, if my dealership is a turd about 2k freakin dollars, then ill just give in and still buy the car and sign the paperwork and be out of there...lol just drivign my new baby around houston.

woohoo! i cant wait
Old 01-26-05, 06:39 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jrock65
Infiniti and BMW let you get a car with zero options. Dunno about Audi or MB.

Acura, of course, only offers cars loaded to the gills.
Audi and MB do, as does Acura.
Old 01-26-05, 08:14 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Akbergq,

I will be posting more information as it comes in so stay tuned!

Also, I strongly urge you to stay in contact with your local Texas dealer as it would be unfair for me to tell you what you can buy it for nor do I know what packages are going to Texas. Good luck as I'm sure it will all work out for you.

And to everyone else, as always please pm me with questions you do not want the whole world to read.
Old 01-26-05, 08:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by akbergq
Oh crap...i forgot about the dam destination charges...lol UGH i hate paying taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my dealership can work it out with me. Its only a 2k dollar difference. lol wishful thinking? My budget was to stay right at 45,000 after taxes and fees. If not, I may consider just leasing the vehicle. Probably a 3 yr lease. or hell, if my dealership is a turd about 2k freakin dollars, then ill just give in and still buy the car and sign the paperwork and be out of there...lol just drivign my new baby around houston.

woohoo! i cant wait
What sucks about the South and Southeast region, you pay more for a Lexus or Toyota than any part of the country that is serviced directly by Toyota Motor Sales USA. Gulf States Toyota and South East Toyota serviced areas get shafted with "forced" port packages unfortunately.
Old 01-27-05, 12:51 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jrock65
Nice. It looks like the price gap between the GS and the M is only about $2000-$3000. Lexus has established enough prestige to command that kind of premium over Infiniti.
They are not commanding anything - sick already pointed out why the M is 2K cheaper - platform/drivetrain whoring.
Old 01-27-05, 12:54 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
What sucks about the South and Southeast region, you pay more for a Lexus or Toyota than any part of the country that is serviced directly by Toyota Motor Sales USA. Gulf States Toyota and South East Toyota serviced areas get shafted with "forced" port packages unfortunately.
Buy out of region?

Is there a dealer, like Grubbs for Infiniti, that will sell nation wide with a fixed shipping charge?
Old 01-27-05, 06:20 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by biker
They are not commanding anything - sick already pointed out why the M is 2K cheaper - platform/drivetrain whoring.
End result: The GS has a $2000-$3000 premium over the M. Sharing platform/engine does not make a car inferior. It saves the company money, some of which is passed on to consumers in the form of reduced prices.

Lexus commands the premium and people will still buy not because the GS platform is shared less with other cars, but because of the Lexus prestige and cachet.

Quick Reply: 2006 GS MSRP posted pg2!!