GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 Gs300 Rwd Msrp

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-05, 05:48 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It is simple. Dealers order the cars they feel they have the best chance of selling. They usually bundle the most requested/sold packages.
Its rare for people to buy a Lexus base, with nothing. As rare as the 1% of Lexus with cloth seats. But it can be done, you just have to be patient. It is a new release.

Dealers have ordered cars and Lexus has sent cars they think they will sell in what areas. As Elizabeth has stated, the South pretty much won't get AWD. We don't really need it (except for this weekend, lol).
Besides, you can order from any dealer you want, if its that important. And yeah, the dealer would rather want to sell whats on the lot, but they can make a special order. For a luxury car, that can take 6-8 months. Any brand.

The price is very competative and on par with the outgoing model considering its all new and the new features the previous car did not have nor offer.
Understood. Here's where I got/get confused. On the Lexus website, when you try to build your own car, the first page lists "available packages." I couldn't find a way to unselect any/all, so it seemed like you HAD to get one of them and its associated higher cost.

They need to reconfigure that site. I guess what they're trying to do is only let you see what is available at dealers in your area, though...
Old 01-29-05, 08:40 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is power trunk closer, and power folding side-view mirrors part of the premium package?
Old 01-29-05, 10:40 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by frebay
is power trunk closer, and power folding side-view mirrors part of the premium package?
I don't think so, but I am not positive on this so I wil have to get back to you.
Old 01-31-05, 08:11 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

Elizabeth,
will there be any markdown from MSRP at any dealerships in US at all ?or will everyonne be sellig at MSRP ?
thnx.
Old 02-01-05, 10:53 AM
RXGOLD
Rookie

What a rip off!!! What's Lexus thinking?

For that price.....I rather get the Acura RL.
Old 02-01-05, 11:21 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

How is the new GS a rip off? The Acura RL is fairly expensive as well.
Old 02-01-05, 11:38 AM
biker
Lead Lap

I'm not sure all of these price increases are sustainable.

RL went up 10K in real terms, the GS300 at least 5K, the M45 about 10K also (the only saving grace for Infiniti is that they have a cheaper M35 to sell now). Either a lot of folks will change over from the European sedans (or some other vehicle (high end SUV?) in this price range) or someone will blink and the discounting will begin when sales falter.
Old 02-01-05, 12:37 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
How is the new GS a rip off? The Acura RL is fairly expensive as well.
Probably he/she means for less money you get more features.

Lexus charges more than the Japanese competition because their prestige level is higher. They charge less than the Germans because their prestige level is less. It's also why Audi has to price less than MB and BMW.
Old 02-01-05, 01:59 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

I just got back from my dealership and was told this: they r getting the car for delivery in FEBRUARY 2005!!!! THAT’S RIGHT…IN THIS MONTH IN A FEW WEEKS!!!! Heres what my salesman confirmed for me:

“We r getting two shipments of the new GS….one allocation is coming mid february to the end of third week. The next shipment is between the 20th and end of February. The total number of cars we are getting is 12. 6 in each shipment. What car and with what options are u looking for?”

I said”: “Im looking for a RWD base GS300 with no package or options….mercury metallic with ash interior and black wood on steering and shifter.

He told me.. “all cars we are getting will have the premium package at the very least…you can custom order the car if u want but lexus will not do one right now for three months…after three months – u can order the car u want..which is 42,900 and get that…and then it wud take 3 months for it to come…so u r looking at 6 months from today”

I said “…No I don’t want to wait 6 months”

He said hes getting 2 mercury metallic cars with the premium package and ash interior with black wood on shifter and steering ..one ine ach of their February allocations…the first one is already sold – to the guy who was like 2nd in line on the list…the other mercury metallic is coming end of February..so he said I can either wait for that or get another car.

I said my second color choice is flint mica with ash interior and black wood with premium package..he said he has one coming in the first allocation and one in the second..so I told him I’m open to that as an option.

He said they r one of the very few dealerships that will have any new GS In February for DELIVERY. And he said I was one of the very few lucky ones to be so high up in the list to get one. Im 15th by the way…andhe told me that some people that are ahead of me decided not to purchase so that’s why I got moved up higher. =)
Old 02-01-05, 02:17 PM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Flipside,

What I meant was for that kind of money the Acura RL got more standard features to offer....PLUS.....it's got 300HP!!!!!
Old 02-01-05, 02:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by RXGOLD
Flipside,

What I meant was for that kind of money the Acura RL got more standard features to offer....PLUS.....it's got 300HP!!!!!
Definitely a bargain for sure, but i'm partial to Toyota made vehicles and their unprecidented quality and value. Toyota & Lexus vehicles are definitely a higher standard.

O/T I'm one of those that feel the TL is a better overall value than the RL. But save that for another thread.
Old 02-01-05, 03:46 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
O/T I'm one of those that feel the TL is a better overall value than the RL. But save that for another thread.
I doubt many would disagree.
Old 02-01-05, 03:55 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Lexs400
Elizabeth,
will there be any markdown from MSRP at any dealerships in US at all ?or will everyonne be sellig at MSRP ?
thnx.
I think everyone will charge MSRP.
Old 02-01-05, 04:12 PM
LexFather

Flipside,

Sigh.....to some of us, the RL is a rip-off.
Old 02-01-05, 06:05 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Flipside,

Ye but its still an Acura. At this point i would NEVER spend 50k for an Acura if for just a few more thousand i can get a fully loaded GS300 AWD.

I know a couple friends and relatives who have the TL, they were sooo happy with all the standard stuff they got for a great price. My friend was telling me i got 260hp, my car is so fast, and its cheaper than your overpriced slow GS. Now that same guy is getting his transmision replaced and his car is a 2002 same as mine. My aunt also with a TL already replaced hers.

Quick Reply: 2006 Gs300 Rwd Msrp