GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 Gs300 Rwd Msrp

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 10:25 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS300 Gas Mileage

It's official......22 City and 30 HWY. .....wow, that's the best out of all the Lexus' EVER.
Old 02-02-05, 11:08 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Elizabeth...Im sorry but im a little confused. My dealer sales rep told me that if i decide to lease, Lexus Financial Services is the ONLY bank that would do that. If i wanted to finance, then i can go through them or any other credit union that i wanted to go with.

Secondly, my rep told me that minimum coverage is all that is required. If i do get maximum coverage, the insurance premium I will pay will be higher off course. But again, my rep told me minimum is all that is required. So if all i get is the minimum insurance coverage and if the car gets into a wreck or someone hits and dents it pretty bad, etc...what will be the situation? Who is responsible for that and for the payment for the damage on the vehicle?

Ahhhh i wish my rep was straight forward with me =(
Old 02-02-05, 11:11 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Oh and one another thing...my rep told me that all i need is minimum insurance coverage , but i will need to purchase GAP insurance..He said that is NOT an option with leasing...gap insurance MUST be taken and again minimum insurance is all that is required.

What will happen if the car gets in a wreck or soemone damamges it bad or sumthign bad happens and all i have is the minimum insurance coverage with gap insurance????

Im so confused!!!
Old 02-02-05, 11:17 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by akbergq
Elizabeth...Im sorry but im a little confused. My dealer sales rep told me that if i decide to lease, Lexus Financial Services is the ONLY bank that would do that. If i wanted to finance, then i can go through them or any other credit union that i wanted to go with.

Secondly, my rep told me that minimum coverage is all that is required. If i do get maximum coverage, the insurance premium I will pay will be higher off course. But again, my rep told me minimum is all that is required. So if all i get is the minimum insurance coverage and if the car gets into a wreck or someone hits and dents it pretty bad, etc...what will be the situation? Who is responsible for that and for the payment for the damage on the vehicle?

Ahhhh i wish my rep was straight forward with me =(
All dealers use the same lenders. Lexus Financial is the best because there is no disposal fee at the end. GAP is already included with LFS. Whatever bank your dealer chooses is up to them. Do not get the smallest insurance, it is too risky. IF you aren't fully covered in a lease/finance, you crash, YOU are responsible to pay out of your own pocket. Not a good idea.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 02-02-05 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 02:40 PM
RXGOLD
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If you read forums, this is sadly the story for many. THey bought what they thought was a smoking deal but the reasons why the deal was so hot start popping up left and right.

Here are RL sales, they are down almost 30% from last month.
1320 in October.
1941 in November.
1967 for December.
1,371 for January 05.
The reason why sales is down is because the RL is over priced! This is going to happen to the GS too.....unless they drop their prices!!!
Old 02-02-05, 02:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by RXGOLD
The reason why sales is down is because the RL is over priced! This is going to happen to the GS too.....unless they drop their prices!!!
Reason why RL Sales are down is because the M and the GS are coming. They are much better cars than the RL overall.
Old 02-02-05, 02:54 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default New Gs300 Features

Another added feature is a sunlight sensor for the instrument panel. Have you ever driven around during a certain time of day and when the sun hits through your back window, you are unable to read the instrument panel. Well, fear no more! There is a "sunlight sensor" on the backwindow underneath the third brakelight and it automatically dims or brightens your instrument panel. Pretty cool!
Old 02-02-05, 03:02 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

You forgot to tell them that hidden panel control for the mirrors and the dash dimmer and etc is backlit!
Old 02-02-05, 03:04 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I was trying to spread it out, but thanks for finishing it........j/k

How about the LED dual dome lights?

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 02-02-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-02-05, 03:50 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default Sonar Park Assist

Have you ever tried to get your car out of a really tight parking spot? Not sure if you have enough room to clear the pole ina parking structure or you might scrape the corner of your front bumper? Not to worry! Now you have "Sonar Park Assist". The back is regular park assist, but the front works off of sonar. The turning radius of the steering wheel and the car think together and calculate if you have enough room to clear your corners. A little green steering wheel appears on the navigation screen to give you the a-okay! You may never have scratches on your bumpers again.
Old 02-02-05, 04:10 PM
soon2benags4
Rookie

OK I really need that! Elizabeth you are having a lot of fun aren't you!
Old 02-02-05, 04:14 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking

LOL....well, I could do it the boring way.......just copy the memo in all technical terminology, but I figured I'd do something different, like explain in a language that the average person can understand in a real life situation. And yes, this is fun!
Old 02-02-05, 04:20 PM
soon2benags4
Rookie

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
LOL....well, I could do it the boring way.......just copy the memo in all technical terminology, but I figured I'd do something different, like explain in a language that the average person can understand in a real life situation. And yes, this is fun!
Hey, I'm enjoying it!
Old 02-02-05, 04:43 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any info about in cabin ambient lighting?

thanks
Old 02-02-05, 05:22 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

I got a question about the suspension settings. Is it true that their will be 4 suspension modes with 4 buttons of some sort to chnage your stiffness etc... or is this just a feature included in a safety feature that is automatically controlled by the vehicle trip computer?

Quick Reply: 2006 Gs300 Rwd Msrp