GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: which interior would u pick?
grey
26.32%
black
50.22%
ivory
23.46%
Voters: 456. You may not vote on this poll

what interior color would u pick

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 02:15 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by DrexLex
Flint Mica code is 1E0, while the IS offers "Graphite Gray Pearl" with code 1C6. It has much stronger metalflake as well as being slightly darker.
I think he meant Flint Mica - 1E0 from the LS.
Old 02-20-05, 02:45 AM
carminesc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flint mica pics coming as soon as the rain stops in cali

thanks...i gotta remember to capitalize
Old 02-20-05, 12:44 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I think he meant Flint Mica - 1E0 from the LS.
Ahh! So he did. In that case, yes, the Flint Mica on the GS is indeed the same color code, and moreover, really does look identical by my eye--in direct side-by-side viewing, to that of the LS.

And just a counter-opinion to those who do not favor the Ash interior, I was quite taken by it, having finally sat in it for a while in the daylight, but the combination with Flint Mica did nothing for me. So I ordered the car with Black exterior/Ash. The only question is, when will they build any like that!
Old 03-21-05, 06:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

If I were to consider buying the new GS, I will pick among these 4 exterior colors : Flint Mica, Quartz shadow, Blue Onyx & Matador Red. I'll take a black interior with the first 3, & the ivory with the red. I neither like the grey leather nor the black wood that comes with it.
Old 03-22-05, 06:16 PM
Sportbiker

loved the ash grey interior of the 06, but didn't like the black wood, so I went with cashmere again... and aded the black "Lexus" floor mats. Love the offset of color with the mats - see my gallery for pics.
Old 03-25-05, 07:28 AM
Kyosuke86
Driver

I think that black is the easiest color to maintain and it also has this added elegance to the vehicle.
Old 03-27-05, 08:41 AM
jessejames
Rookie

Thumbs up

I Would Pick Cashmere Becuase It Brings The Exterior Color And The Ladies Love It
Old 05-06-05, 07:13 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is ecru not available in the GS?
Old 05-06-05, 08:35 AM
osx-addict
Driver

I've got the ivory color in my '06 GS300 that I've had for a week.. Black is out for me because I like to drive with shorts on occasionally and don't need to be frying my legs if I can help it.. Based on what others have said about the darker colors not hiding the dirt any better, I think I made the right choice. Also -- I really didn't like the grey leather with black wood package -- too dark for me..

I was talking to my brother-in-law (BIL) and his main peeve with leather seating is that your butt sticks to the seats on those hot days.. That was true when I owned a 1982 ZX300 (Nissan) that had leather, but I'm hoping that with the ventilated seats in the GS that the sticking issue wont be an issue.. I guess I'll find out come summer.. (8->

My BIL would be more interested in buying a lexus with a nice fabric seating system -- something I'm sure will never happen.. Now, if the sticking butt issue isn't present, perhaps his mind will be changed on that one issue..
Old 05-06-05, 11:06 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

I am currently about to close my deal on gs300 AWD glacier frost/ ash gray.

My previous car had black leather interior. Black is nice. Low maintenance color for interior. However, I did find it to feel a bit claustrophobic at times.

I wanted an open airy feel this time so I chose the gray instead of cashmere beige because I am sure that the gray is not as high maintenance as the beige.
Old 05-07-05, 07:22 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

I personally think the interior cashmere is ugly just liek the chardonnay pearl color.

Its just so bland. It looks so awkward to have this type of car in a "elegant?" color like beige. Id understand it if it was a more of a "big" LS type car or some Mercedes S class. Personally the gray and black perfectly accentuate the appearance of this car and look very well for the part. Cashmere just sticks out there with no purpose. The gray and black make it look fierce and bold - the purpose it intends.

I honestly dont see what ppl see in the color. Is it because it is decent and just popular?
Old 05-07-05, 08:22 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know why I love the Cashmere interior. It makes the cabin open and airy feeling without being too "cold" (Ash) or "confining" (Black). I've had two cars back to back w/ black interiors and was ready for a change. The black is the sportiest, but I'm not crazy about the red wood trim. The Ash is nice and was my second choice, but the dark gray stained wood trim just blends in and didn't provide enough contrast IMHO. It's a good choice for those who are looking for something monochromatic. The Cashmere on the other hand was warm and inviting. The stain on the wood trim looks the most natural with the Cashmere too. It's all just a matter of opinion anyway. You only live once...get what you like and don't worry about what others think.

On a side note, does anyone else wish Lexus offered the GS with more interior colors? I love the subtle, pale green and deep redish brown that BMW offers on their cars.
Old 05-07-05, 09:03 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

My ideal color choice for the GS would have to be Black with red leather interior (like on the SC pebble edition interior leather) or the interior color red thats on the bmw 5 series like jwaters mentioned..i agree with him on that one too. That is a NICE looking red as well.

That would be one NICE looking car!

To bad they dont offer it....perhaps they may in the next eyar or so as a "sport package option"?

Any thoughts?
Old 05-07-05, 09:13 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

here is the auburd (red color) interior leather from the 5 series bmw
Attached Thumbnails what interior color would u pick-a7_4.jpg  
Old 05-07-05, 09:15 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails what interior color would u pick-0453_lcrk_438.jpg