GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: which interior would u pick?
grey
26.32%
black
50.22%
ivory
23.46%
Voters: 456. You may not vote on this poll

what interior color would u pick

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 10:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Black interior. It looks great.
Old 09-12-05, 10:28 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the Ivory, or the Grey...
Old 09-13-05, 05:01 AM
cassiri
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot

I like the black interiors too, but in the south it is just too hot. Does anyone have the black in a hot weather state and find it ok?

Other than that I think the cashmere is the most luxurious looking.
Old 09-17-05, 01:18 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cassiri
I like the black interiors too, but in the south it is just too hot. Does anyone have the black in a hot weather state and find it ok?

but gets super dirty
Old 09-29-05, 08:23 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

I live in south fl by miami, in miami daily, and i have the dark gray out side with black inside and is fine just spend some money on tinits all is well lexus dos a good job wiht uv windows so dosnt get so hot plus rear sun shade helps alot
Old 03-02-06, 10:38 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Just wanted to know if the black leather made it easier to see scratches cuz I've noticed some cars with black leather tend to get really dirty and scratched up...and then the leather starts looking old...i dunno...maybe my question should be does the leather stay in the same condition for 2-3 years without any creases...i remember reading that bmw leather although it doesn't look as good as the lexus ones...actually stay in the same condition for over 4-5 years... ....oh well...heh i am still deciding black or grey for my gs450h...but i think i picked grey with the black wood trim...i forget...
Old 03-03-06, 03:43 PM
drck1000
Driver

I have the ash interior on my car. I initially wanted the black interior to contrast with the silver exterior. However, the black interior would have been a 3 month special order. There was a silver/ash 430 on the lot and I like the look of that combination after seeing it in person. After taking delivery, I do like the ash interior a lot. The contrast that I was looking for was provided with the black dash and panels that are above the armrests. I also do like the black wood. Seems very sleek to me. However, I do notice that it makes it easy to see fingerprints and scratches. I put a small scratch in the armrest panel when putting on my seatbelt. Some quick buffing with Plastix took care of that. I also have black floor mats, to no issues yet with keeping the ash floor mats from showing scuff marks.

Overall I am very happy with my color choice. Now if I could only get the service department to hurry up and take care of the rattles in the front doors and the pulsing sound when applying the brakes (which is believed to be a result of rust on the rotors). They want another day with the car. Been in the shop since Wednesday and they just called and want to keep it at least to tomorrow!. Geez.
Old 03-03-06, 08:58 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Default i pick black

BLACK!!!! all the way
Old 03-03-06, 10:03 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by cassiri

I live in south fl, and I have the black interior with flint mica out side and I have had no problems with it being to hot just tint the windows and put the sunshade up in the back and you will be fine I had the save fear about heat when I got the car, coming from a light color car and interior.
Old 03-05-06, 09:38 AM
sshu
Driver School Candidate

I went to the dealer yesterday to decide which interior I liked more. I sat in a black and grey one and ultimately I liked the grey a lot more. I liked the contrast on the dash board between the colors. I felt that the black interior was just too black for me and didn't like the reddish hue of the wood. When it comes down to it, you can't lose either way. My first choice for color combo is blue/grey and then black/grey. Unforuntately I think it may have to be special ordered.

Scott
Old 03-06-06, 05:49 AM
yon
Driver

The short answer to a short question: Black.

The long answer to a short question...

My previous Lexus (02 ES-300) was Blue Onyx with Tan interior. I like the tan a lot, especially when paired with the right wood. Just oozes luxury and comfort. Very serene and calming. As for keeping it clean, I really didn't have a lot of trouble. Yeah, the floor mats show wear quicker, and the driver's door arm rest darkened from my leather coat over the four years I had it. But other than that, it held up pretty well, even with two kids in car seats in the back.

I used to hate the grey leather that Lexus used to offer (dull, dull, dull!). When I found an intriguing deal on a used 06 GS430 (white with ash interior), I had reservations on the color scheme. Don't usually like white, but Lexus does the best white I've seen. But from the pictures I was kinda liking the ash. When I test drove a GS300 (fllint mica with ash interior), I really liked the ash---it brightens up the interior nicely while still having some sense of sportiness. I also liked the black maple a lot---I wish the black interior had that as an option. I would be concerned about keeping it clean however.

But for me, the GS is all about sport. So while the tan interior is gorgeous, it's more appropriate on an LS or ES. So I went back to black this time around (blue onyx on black). Only downside is that dust shows up more easily, but is otherwise the easiest to care for. I just wish that black maple was an option, as I'm pretty ambivalent about the red walnut they use in the black interior.
Old 03-08-06, 09:22 AM
drck1000
Driver

One thing about the black maple is that marks on the surface are easier to see because of the dark backing. So far, I've had to buff out two minor scratches on the center panel near the opening to the armrest compartment. One was from me not being careful putting my seatbelt one and the other I believe was when I had my car in for service. Nothing that Plastix couldn't take care of though. But when I had a loaner RX330 with the sort of orangish maple, it was pretty swirled up and I couldn't really tell until you looked closely or with the light at a certain angle.

I do like the ash with black color combination though. I do have black floor mats, so the mats don't show the wear as much. I just hope over the long term that it's an easy combination to take care of.
Old 04-06-06, 02:58 AM
GSFKN3
Driver School Candidate

Default What interior color would you pick?

Black on Black!!! Regret the exterior, love the interior.
Old 04-06-06, 02:35 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Black Exterior w/ Grey Birds Eye Maple on Grey Leather.
Old 04-17-06, 05:39 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFKN3
Black on Black!!! Regret the exterior, love the interior.
Ha, I feel your pain

Since spring is here, time to break out the porter cable and give the GS a nice polish.

Quick Reply: what interior color would u pick