GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

XM satellite radio on GS430

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-05, 04:56 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by melymel96
This clearly shows that SIRIUS is the true leader. Why does everybody think SIRIUS is just Howard Stern? Educate yourself people, and if your too lazy ask me Ill be more then happy to give out info.

SIRIUS is coming for the GS...if you truly want it, be patient. My friend just bought a brand new Denali with factory XM and she is switching to SIRIUS because XM edits 80% of there music. Whats the point of paying for something edited? Makes no sense. TO each his own.
Mainly because Stern get's most of the press. But he's one part of Sirius that will help them match subscribership with XM much sooner than most of the other favoring facts.

Funny you mention the editing of their music. Clear Channel is a major stockholder in XM Radio. I heard that the biggest rotation (A List for example) of music on XM Radio is given preference to artists with Clear Channel relationships! I've found a much better variety of music through Sirius.

Oops, XM just put 9.7million more shares out there to raise capital. Sell.
Old 06-09-05, 07:36 AM
kuruption213
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm going to get Sirius for one reason Howard Stern. I could really care less about everything else i'm not a big radio fan. I might check out a few Hip Hop stations, I have a friend that had XM and it seemed like all the songs were edited. Don't know how it is at Sirius I hope its not edited there as well.
Old 06-09-05, 08:13 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

I'm listening to Octane (ch20) right now through the internet. Very nice.
Old 06-09-05, 09:05 AM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kuruption213
i'm going to get Sirius for one reason Howard Stern. I could really care less about everything else i'm not a big radio fan. I might check out a few Hip Hop stations, I have a friend that had XM and it seemed like all the songs were edited. Don't know how it is at Sirius I hope its not edited there as well.
The Hip Hop Stations on XM blow! Listen to Shade 45 on SIRIUS and you will listen to nothing else. From 4-8PM monday - friday they have the Rude Jude and Lord Sear show...it is hilarious.
Old 06-09-05, 09:06 AM
melymel96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by looknow12
Mainly because Stern get's most of the press. But he's one part of Sirius that will help them match subscribership with XM much sooner than most of the other favoring facts.

Funny you mention the editing of their music. Clear Channel is a major stockholder in XM Radio. I heard that the biggest rotation (A List for example) of music on XM Radio is given preference to artists with Clear Channel relationships! I've found a much better variety of music through Sirius.

Oops, XM just put 9.7million more shares out there to raise capital. Sell.
Actually Clear Channel used to be a investor in XM but they sold all there shares last year. XM's biggest backers are GM and Honda but even Honda is now selling off some of its shares. Maybe they are trying to get away from being exclusive sine the other Japanese automakers, Nissan and Toyota are not exclusive.

Who knows.
Old 06-09-05, 09:19 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Just noticed your avatar. That's funny. Did you make that?
Old 06-09-05, 01:13 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by looknow12
Just noticed your avatar. That's funny. Did you make that?
LOL...my GF made it.
Old 07-14-05, 06:45 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rockville
and others later. The ES, LS will have it first. The GS will get Sirius in late Summer we are advised. The Sirius antenna will be placed behind the rear view mirror. Also there is a new XM antenna that is smaller and less obtrusive no matter where you place it. Ironically I experienced a little dropout when driving a trunk mounted ES with XM on Saturday. Just temporarily and it grabbed the signal back a couple of seconds later. Now we need the IPOD port and ability to play MP3 CD's and then we're set.....I was reading my latest issue of Food and Wine and it said that 70% of the high end restaurants are running their sound systems from their IPODs. Sometimes they have guest IPOD nights etc. BTW, don't leave your start button in the on position as it will kill the battery overnight. One of my customers inadvertantly did so and I had to go jump it. Our new RX330 with Nav and yellow emergency lights is now ready for roadside assistance. Some dealers are in the pilot program and it should reduce the wait time for AAA to get there. Sorry about going off topic.....

Rock
This might be the reason for the delay with Sirius. Maybe they were waiting for this new small antenna.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050714/nyth055.html?.v=15