GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Press Release: Third-Generation GS Luxury Sports Sedan Brings New Lexus Design to ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 01:19 PM
geelex4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not feelin it

I gues I have to see the new lex up close....I also am wondering why the 430 doesn't come awd..that sucks...I think they need to come a little bit better than this...ALL THIS NEW CARS COMIN OUT ARE FAST AS WELL, LEXUS STILL BEHIND. I THINK THE 430 SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST 400HP...390 FOR THE TORQUE...ANYWAYS MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A 654LI....I love my curent, just hope it was faster and awd..I have a 400...Lexus is fading they should step up their game..go all out.
Old 02-01-05, 01:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by geelex4
Lexus is fading they should step up their game..go all out.
How is that? Lexus has been the #1 selling Luxury nameplate in the US for 5 years straight. And they're still breaking records.
Old 02-01-05, 02:01 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

ECB is one of the key new technologies that make VDIM possible. It's a "brake-by-wire" system that translates brake pedal pressure into electric signals that, via computer control, help provide precise and optimized braking control in virtually any traction condition. The ECB system is also backed by conventional hydraulic brake control in the unlikely event of electronic failure. ECB's electronic control provides quick brake response when needed, which helps the VDIM system to anticipate and help correct skids before they happen
e-brake, wtf?

I thought nobody liked the ebrakes in the Benz's and the variable gear steering in BMW.
Old 02-01-05, 02:11 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

My salesman said it best today...

"Take the bmw 5 series and the new 3rd generation GS....take away the nameplate and bring in a guy whose never seen what a lexus looks like or a bmw. have that guy tell his reaction to the exterior styling and interior quality - look - feel, etc. The guy wil say with the exterior - both cars look very nice....make him sit in the inside of the bmw and watch the frown on his face at the plain and very low quality and VERY LOW LUXURY FEELING aura he is sorrounded with.....then make him sit inside the new GS...hes going to be dazzled withthe luxury, quality, precision work and beauty of the interior to make his jaw drop. Both cars are competitors with each other, both are nice cars...but theres something about lexus that will always stand out and wont lack. the interiors and exterior lexus did flawlessly...wheres the interior quality of a BMW in their 5 series? i think most ppl can say that the 5 series has no interior at all
...it is one of the most dullest plainest, ill conceived designed interior of one of the most reputable names in the auto industry....but lexus interior quality speaks for itself"

I agreed 110% with what he said here...thats what lexus name is all about. The interior of the 5 series BMW is absolute ****!....the interior of a GS...beauty to admire and make your jaw hit the floor.
Old 02-01-05, 03:02 PM
LexFather

A couple things I noticed
1. The AWD system is thank goodness, RWD based. 30/70 under normal driving
.2. Fuel economy for the V-6 22 city, 30 highway is a 20% jump. I believe the outgoing GS 300 is 18 city and 24 highway.
Old 02-01-05, 04:49 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I gues I have to see the new lex up close....I also am wondering why the 430 doesn't come awd..that sucks...I think they need to come a little bit better than this...ALL THIS NEW CARS COMIN OUT ARE FAST AS WELL, LEXUS STILL BEHIND. I THINK THE 430 SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST 400HP...390 FOR THE TORQUE...ANYWAYS MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A 654LI....I love my curent, just hope it was faster and awd..I have a 400...Lexus is fading they should step up their game..go all out.
I don't think Lexus is behind at all also, i've seen the new GS up close and I love it....I think the GS 430 doesn't come with AWD because it might get poor MPG , the RL is a V-6 with AWD and according to USAtoday.com doesn't get good MPG so imagine a GS430 with AWD.
Old 02-01-05, 04:55 PM
LexFather

1. There is no such thing as a 645li, unless there is a long wheelbase version we don't know about.
2. Many do agree, it should have more power but it will offer dual VVTi and direct injection and a new 6 speed auto to offset having less power.
3. The E430 4 matic, STS V-8 AWD and Audi 4.2 V-8 offer AWD and V-8s.
Old 02-01-05, 05:56 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
I
The overall look is very modern, is not controversial and most of the details like the headlights, tail lights, wheels, hood and trunk look very proportional and elegant. The interior is absolutely gorgeous too! The quality of the fit and finish (both inside and out) is top notch! Infiniti is doing an amazing job with their new cars these days!
I completely disagree. I saw both the M and GS in person. The M35/45 looks OK in pics but in person it looks like a typical Nissan. It has ZERO prescence. I do like the headlights, interior, and the performance it offers though. But as hard as i have tried the exterior styling is not growing on me. IMO it looks too similar to the G35 sedan with the FX front grille.

The GS looked INCREDIBLE in person, but for watever reason it looks bad in pics. It has great prescence. When u look at it, it looks like a LUXURY car. The styling is sporty, smooth, and it flows well. I dont like the headlights and grille though.
Old 02-01-05, 06:31 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I'm kinda midway between the M and GS styling. I think the M has the best front look in this class, and I think the GS has the worst. But the rear of the GS is better than the M, and so is the side rear profile.
Old 02-01-05, 06:34 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Bro, - when you sit inside both cars, you will realize what it is to feel an infiniti and what it is to feel a lexus vehicle. The lexus will blow you away...comparing both interiors - the lexus GS cripples the M. I know this is a subjective thing, but believe me - sit in the GS interior and see what I am talking about. it is pure TOP NOTCH QUALITY, PRECISION, STYLING, and LUXURIOUSLY CRAFTED AMENITIES at its PINNACLE! You have to see it to believe it.
Old 02-01-05, 07:27 PM
fluffy
Driver School Candidate

Default Thumbs Up GS

I have just seen and sat in the new GS in the showroom (although I've already placed order for the GS300 last Dec before the show car arrived last week). It's absolutely fabulous both exterior and interior. The actual car looks much better than all the pics we've seen internet. I really like pressing the "Start Engine" button. I've got only one complaint and that is the back seat looks like its build strictly for 2 only as the ceiling is very low and a 5ft7 like me had my head almost touching the ceiling while seated in the center. So I guess I'll still keep the RX for the room. I also think that Lexus could have done better with the front grill.

Although still unable to drive the test car now (not for aother 3 weeks pending approval by DOT) but no regrets in my purchase which will arrive in March.

Does anyone who've seen the car agree with my coment on the back seat?

Last edited by fluffy; 02-01-05 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-01-05, 09:17 PM
saabfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by akbergq
Bro, - when you sit inside both cars, you will realize what it is to feel an infiniti and what it is to feel a lexus vehicle. The lexus will blow you away...comparing both interiors - the lexus GS cripples the M.
Have you sat in the M?

Not to say that I wouldn't place my money with Lexus when it comes to interiors, but I'm just wondering if you have real experience to back up your GS over M interior opinion.
Old 02-02-05, 07:28 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Yes i have sat in the M as well...they had two models in the houston auto show....one on the floor which was the top of the line M45 and the one on the rotataing platform was a m35. I sat in the M45 did not have an interior as nice - theres no way....i dont like the transmission shifter because of the leather cloth over it..i HATED that....and the center console looked weird to me - the way it is shaped out...like a table with buttons and a **** in between. There is no comparison between the interiors of both cars...

sit inside the GS - and see what i am talking about....the interior of the GS is second to none...in fact - it is the best interior i have ever seen for ANY car out right now. HIGHEST QUALITY, TOP NOTCH STYLING, WITH PRECISION, COMBINED WITH A LUXURIOUSLY CRAFTED CABIN, ABSOLUTELY A PINNACLE OF BEAUTY AT ITS FINEST!!!!
Old 02-02-05, 07:36 AM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Oh and one other thing...the wood in the M is totally ****....it looks HORRIBLE - the rosewood was so bad looking it just looked like a cheap fake piece of wood they stuck in....it does not have the pleasant and luxury feel look as the one in the GS.....theres no comparison at all....the feel of true luxury and appeal is not experienced in the M....you can sense and feel it inside the GS...its how lexus make their vehicles....the GS pictures of the interior dont do any justice until you physically sit inside my friend...you will definitely see what im talking about..its a true BEAUTY, particularly the metal polished center console and hwo they accented it in perfectly with the interiro of the car. =)

Flip help this club lexus member out..lol (no offense bro) =)
Old 02-02-05, 09:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

The M is a very nice package overall. I have really nothing bad to say about it other than the dash.

Quick Reply: Press Release: Third-Generation GS Luxury Sports Sedan Brings New Lexus Design to ...