GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Who's comin to JM Lexus -Ft. Lauderdale- on Feb23 to see and drive new GS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 07:37 PM
YL06GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

romy101-You jacked the Saleman on th SL55 AMG (joyride) and he still invited you to the party?

He did earn you future business.
Old 02-23-05, 05:30 AM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He he. I think the salesman wanted to go for the joyride too. It is a SL55 you know. A nice experience for any auto enthusiast.
Old 02-23-05, 07:13 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
Reggie, I actually got treated worse than that, When I asked if I could be invited for the preview, I was told it was by "special invite only". Then I was probed for the usual questions, do you currently drive a Lexus, Yes, what model, 98 SC400, Where did you purchase, Private Party. I was told it for was JM purchase owners only.

I have used JM for service and it's been outstanding but this made me feel like I wasn't part of the Lexus family when really I have been for about 1 year.

Oh well, I told them I would come see it another time.
That's BS. I didn't see that many people interested in the Matador Red GS they had in the showroom when I was there last Saturday, so they should probably consider expanding their guest list. You probably have more potential to buy than many current GS owners.

BTW, I did end up getting my invitation from them, but I'm not going. I test drove the car last weekend, and they have plenty of them in stock. In fact, I just heard an ad on the radio a few minutes ago for JM Lexus saying they have the "brand new 2006 GS". Still not sure why they had no GS430 for me to test drive, but it's their loss because when I trade again the M is looking real attractive. Both Infiniti dealerships I've visited have had an M35 and M45 (Sport and non-Sport) available for test drives, provided by the manufacturer for just this reason. It certainly helps in making a decision.
Old 02-23-05, 07:21 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
. . . but it's their loss because when I trade again the M is looking real attractive. Both Infiniti dealerships I've visited have had an M35 and M45 (Sport and non-Sport) available for test drives, provided by the manufacturer for just this reason. It certainly helps in making a decision.
Maybe it's a better idea for you to go for the M next & wait for the more attractive GS350/450h/460 to come out later ?
Old 02-23-05, 07:24 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SexySC
Maybe it's a better idea for you to go for the M next & wait for the more attractive GS350/450h/460 to come out later ?
You're probably right.
Old 02-23-05, 07:40 PM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

I went to the event and it was nice. I talked to JM himself for a while and went out to drive the GS430. It is nice. I see a lot of you want the power of the M45 but I think the lexus is a classier car inside and out. If I wanted a hotrod I would save some money and buy a fast sports car. The GS is plenty power for me and is nicer to show up in than the M45. It feels sexier inside than the M45 to me. I think I will be trading my car in for it.

The red is really growing on me.
Old 02-24-05, 05:42 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

I was also at the event and it was very well put together. They had lots of new GS colours to choose from. BTW I dont think you spoke with Jim Moran the owner of JM Family Enterprises for he does not attend these types of events, you probably spoke with Dave Mullin the general manager of the dealership. He is the one you see in all the JM Lexus commercials.

Originally Posted by romy101
I went to the event and it was nice. I talked to JM himself for a while and went out to drive the GS430. It is nice. I see a lot of you want the power of the M45 but I think the lexus is a classier car inside and out. If I wanted a hotrod I would save some money and buy a fast sports car. The GS is plenty power for me and is nicer to show up in than the M45. It feels sexier inside than the M45 to me. I think I will be trading my car in for it.

The red is really growing on me.
Old 02-24-05, 01:58 PM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

Oh ok. By the way where in Parkland do you live? I live in Pine Tree. We are probably around the corner from each other. I don't know if I have seen your gs on holmberg.
Old 02-24-05, 02:36 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I rec'd an invite but am still about 10 months out on my lease, so it didn't make much sense to attend for me. I'm hoping that the 450/460 might be out by the end of my lease, we'll see.

BTW, I've rec'd good service from JM (where I did my lease). Only once did I have a minor issue with a service manager, it also helped that the salesperson was a longtime friend of mine, so there was no haggling on the front end.
Old 02-24-05, 04:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteTiger
Yeah, I rec'd an invite but am still about 10 months out on my lease, so it didn't make much sense to attend for me. I'm hoping that the 450/460 might be out by the end of my lease, we'll see.
10 months from now is December 2005. You wont see the GS450h until 2006 as a 2007 model. And you will not see the GS460 until 2008.
Old 02-24-05, 06:25 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

No invite for me and I've purchased 4 new Lexus' from JM in the last 6 years. This includes 2 new GS 430's.
Old 02-24-05, 06:28 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

terry

dont feel bad bro , i was at lexus of pembroke pines today and i got a through reaming by the gen mgr on how i was putting down the new one.. i looked at it today sat in it and all i can say is

i would not car if it had 500 hp it has no character to me ,, just my opinion
Old 02-24-05, 06:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
terry

dont feel bad bro , i was at lexus of pembroke pines today and i got a through reaming by the gen mgr on how i was putting down the new one.. i looked at it today sat in it and all i can say is

i would not car if it had 500 hp it has no character to me ,, just my opinion
Gee Ed, tell us how you really feel about it.
I'm glad I saw it before the big event. That way I got a chance to take time to look it over carefully and then drive the heck out of it. I prefer the last GS to the new one but I think the new one has some great qualities. Not enough for me but it's still a nice car. It's funny how headlights can ruin the whole car for me....that and it's sluggish acceleration and poor road hugging prowess. It's rubber dash and....uh oh, I guess I dislike more than just the lights. Well, it's still a nice car for those that like all of it.
Old 02-24-05, 07:07 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Ed,

500HP and a new tranny, uumm - sounds like FI dreams. You know you want that boost! Especially after the turbo boys showed us how slow our NA V8's are last weekend. I just thought it wasn't very friendly of JM to not invite a GS enthusiast like myself. Next time I'm there, somebody will hear about it.

Reggie,

That's why we have V8's or boosted 6's. Gotta have that get-up and go!
Old 02-24-05, 07:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Ed,

500HP and a new tranny, uumm - sounds like FI dreams. You know you want that boost! Especially after the turbo boys showed us how slow our NA V8's are last weekend. I just thought it wasn't very friendly of JM to not invite a GS enthusiast like myself. Next time I'm there, somebody will hear about it.

Reggie,

That's why we have V8's or boosted 6's. Gotta have that get-up and go!

well put terry and regg their quite a few things i do not like about the new gs , but mostly it has no character, it has no curb appeal other than being new.. our gen has body lines that match

terry you are right , after we got our butts handed to us boost will complete the pkge we already have.. in all honesty , i will not change my car for anything else other then a 1997 sc300 with a built eng and boost ..

Quick Reply: Who's comin to JM Lexus -Ft. Lauderdale- on Feb23 to see and drive new GS?