GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Who's comin to JM Lexus -Ft. Lauderdale- on Feb23 to see and drive new GS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-05, 02:51 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who's comin to JM Lexus -Ft. Lauderdale- on Feb23 to see and drive new GS?

I just got invited by JM Lexus to go there on Feb 23. They will present new GS to the public.
If anyone lives in Fort Lauderdale/Miami area and would like to go let me know.

If you are not invited try sending the email to Clyde Dervishi at cdervishi_JMLexus@gs.reyrey.com

See ya there!
Old 02-12-05, 06:13 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I just got invited by JM Lexus to go there on Feb 23. They will present new GS to the public.
If anyone lives in Fort Lauderdale/Miami area and would like to go let me know.

If you are not invited try sending the email to Clyde Dervishi at cdervishi_JMLexus@gs.reyrey.com

See ya there!
I'm sure they'll let me see it without an invitation.
Old 02-14-05, 03:43 PM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought 4 lexus vehicles from them and currently own 2 so I know they gotta let me in to see this without an invite. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-14-05, 04:08 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool! See you guys there!
Old 02-15-05, 08:52 AM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by romy101
I have bought 4 lexus vehicles from them and currently own 2 so I know they gotta let me in to see this without an invite. Looking forward to it.
Well, I wouldn't take anything for granted. I've purchased an SC300 and 2 GS300's from JM Lexus (which I traded in last May) over the past 4 years and I've never heard a peep from them about anything. I also sent a co-worker there to purchase her RX300. Two Infiniti dealerships have sent me invitations for "M Intro Parties" this week, and the Acura dealer has sent me VIP cards and magazines. Anyone wonder why I no longer have any brand loyalty for Lexus?
Old 02-15-05, 02:57 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Well, I wouldn't take anything for granted. I've purchased an SC300 and 2 GS300's from JM Lexus (which I traded in last May) over the past 4 years and I've never heard a peep from them about anything. I also sent a co-worker there to purchase her RX300. Two Infiniti dealerships have sent me invitations for "M Intro Parties" this week, and the Acura dealer has sent me VIP cards and magazines. Anyone wonder why I no longer have any brand loyalty for Lexus?
I've bought 2 JM cars and didn't get an invite. I did speak with a salesman who told me if I put my name on the list of interested buyers, I'd get an invite. Maybe that's the only way.
Old 02-15-05, 04:29 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

Reggie, I actually got treated worse than that, When I asked if I could be invited for the preview, I was told it was by "special invite only". Then I was probed for the usual questions, do you currently drive a Lexus, Yes, what model, 98 SC400, Where did you purchase, Private Party. I was told it for was JM purchase owners only.

I have used JM for service and it's been outstanding but this made me feel like I wasn't part of the Lexus family when really I have been for about 1 year.

Oh well, I told them I would come see it another time.
Old 02-15-05, 06:44 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Ill be hoenst..some of them are pure a$$holes. I got pissed off at this one place. The bas tard insisted he run a credit app on me. I told him to gve me an estimate of what the elase payment would be. I told him i already know my score which was 720. He still said oh no i still need it to punch out the numbers. I told him that all he would do looking in the credit report is make sure the numebr is 720..and he said "ya". i told him - so just truat me on it and give me the numebrs. Print the papers out and write on top "with approved credit. he said no. i asked himw aht difference would it make. As long as my credit score was what i told him - everythign would be the same. He said yeah - thats all im goign to look at...itll be an accurate figure for the monthly payment. I told him - yet again... "sir i am telling u it is 720...so just tell me what the pmt should be...when i decided to go thru with it if it makes sense to me - and if my credit score isnt 720, then thats different...so give me the numebrs based on this scredit score"

would u believe that SOB was like "Sir iv been here long enough to know i have to pull up the credit report first ...unless that is given to me - i cannot give any numbers"...

i got up and said ok..screw you and your BS. I walke dout and slammed the door out. The GSM came out and asked what the problem was...i told him the situation. He went in and talked to the guy alone behind closed doors. after 10 minutes he came out apologizing to me and said no we will go ahead and give u the numbers based on what u r reporting urself and we will state that is with that approved credit only. i said..YES THAT IS WHAT I ASKED THAT IDIOT to do!!!1...and he wouldnt do it" the GSM said yes i understand..im sorry - i really apologize - he sort of misunderstood on the procedures for doing that..i apologize for that. The GSM was nice enought o apologize and show that he was empathetic. But i told him ...

"im not going to do business with this dealership ever...u have a guy sitting as a finance director for 5 years who doesnt even know somethign as the fact that he can indeed provide basic monthly pmt prices with approved credit scores withouht having to run a credit app???? come on...this is lexus...u guys can do better than this...and i walked out"

so you see....some of these ******* s are really liek that - reminscent of traditional local automotive dealers...scoundrels that should be thrown out.

to this day have not walked foot in that dealership - even though i could have since they got the new GS to test drive earlier than anyone else around town and is on my way to work as well.
Old 02-15-05, 07:37 PM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

Now what does all that have to do with the jm lexus invite?
Old 02-15-05, 08:00 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

lolll!! my bad...i just read the last post about the member not getting a JM invite even tho he owned a lexus but didnt buy it from a deal - in other words it wasnt a pleasant expereience....so i just posted an expereience too...lol sorry guys - ur right - i went off topic.
Old 02-16-05, 02:54 PM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

he he. I understand, because I ran into a moron at the infiniti dealership who would not take me on a test drive without first running my credit. I have a 784 average but would not stoop to his level so I decided to take my *** across town to another infiniti dealer who treated me with respect.
Old 02-16-05, 04:19 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

oh man...i HATE those fools...who dont want u test driving any car withouht running a credit app. UGHH - i know what u mean.

i had that experience trying to test drive an FX. He came over and said lets fill out a credit app and then work out the numebrs. I go - no i just would liek to test drive to see if it is smooth for me to buy it...he said - o ok...lets run a credit app and then ill get the key to the vehicle. - follow me this way"....

im like what the hell..i just ttold this moron i just wanted to drive it...and he insists on pressuring me to sit in his office and run a credit app. So as the S O B went in the office with me behind..i just walked the other way and got the hell out of that dam dealership.

As worst as some of the incidents iv had with lexus dealerships...which were very few..a couple to be exact - they NEVER pressured me into buying a car., nor did they try to claw me away from having a test drive withouht runnign a credit app first.
Old 02-16-05, 04:52 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

My best experience was in '85 when we parked in front of the MB dealer in our oxidised blue 18 year old Toyota Corona and wanted to drive a 190E. The saleman handed me the key, pointed out the car and said to let him know what I thought. That was very smooth (we ended up buying the MB)
Old 02-17-05, 06:01 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

I got my invitation in yesterdays mail. Interestingly is states on the card that you will only be permitted into the reception hall and event if you have an invitation. I assume they are enforcing this to minimize large crowds attending. The reason a lot of people are not getting invitations is beacuse you had to have purchased a new lexus (GS model)from JM Lexus in the past to be eligible for the invite of the 06 grand preview.

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 02-17-05 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-22-05, 07:26 PM
romy101
Driver School Candidate

Today I was driving by JM Lexus and decided to pop in and see if they had one there yet. Driving in I saw a gold SL55 AMG on the lot. I said I gotta test drive that. I went in and saw the GS430 sitting there in the showroom. It was sexy as hell. It looks really really good. Well I went and drove the SL55 and holy **** what a fast car. Took the top down and man did I have a good time. Anyway I do not have $104,000 to spend so that was shortlived.

I said to the salesman how is it I bought 4 cars from you guys and have yet to be invited to this event tomorrow. He said I can get you in. Not only did he put me on the list, I can bring up to 4 people with me. I said you just earned my business when I come back to buy the GS.

Sooooo if anyone wants to get in I have one person coming with me and therefore have 3 others that can join me. Email me at rwilliams@etw.net if you want to show up at 6:30pm.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Who's comin to JM Lexus -Ft. Lauderdale- on Feb23 to see and drive new GS?