GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Any ETA on build your own on lexus.com?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 05:03 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any ETA on build your own on lexus.com?

any idea when the fun will begin?
thanks
Old 02-15-05, 05:39 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its just plain dumb how lexus still has not let us be able to build the new GS online. They still have that dam 2nd generation mumbo jumbo still up there. For god sakes, there are people like frebay who have the car right now - and will have the car on the street as him. Its not like they dont know that actual public will have the cars in their possessions from february 15th. Yet the new product is not even reflected properly on lexus's website with customization and information like lexus.ca. etc We are the dam biggest market for the company and we yet are last to be able to do these basic thigns that other countries are able to do. - that lexus has already set up on their site. major thumbsdown.

If they are trying to keep with the "march 1st availability" bull shi t, they need to wake upand smell the roses. They shouldnt have let delivery take as soon as today and then still not reflect the new product on their website....doesnt make sense. Thats what i dont get.

What the hell are you thinking and waiting for, guys? Theres no point trying to keep us guessing! The car is already at the dealership available to TEST DRIVE and packages and options info are already available!! HELLO!??!?!

p.s. Lexus - your new GS kicks *** though so mad props to all u designers and engineers...lol

But Your I/T dept needs to catch up to the 21st century. The technology in your car is more quicker and up to date than the time it has taken u to update your website yourself. lol Come on guys!

The new M was available to be customized - viewed, differently priced, etc..a long a$$ time ago!

tsk tsk
Old 02-15-05, 05:57 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Default Give them time, but I would like to see it NOW also

Originally Posted by akbergq
Its just plain dumb how lexus still has not let us be able to build the new GS online. They still have that dam 2nd generation mumbo jumbo still up there. For god sakes, there are people like frebay who have the car right now - and will have the car on the street as him. Its not like they dont know that actual public will have the cars in their possessions from february 15th. Yet the new product is not even reflected properly on lexus's website with customization and information like lexus.ca. etc We are the dam biggest market for the company and we yet are last to be able to do these basic thigns that other countries are able to do. - that lexus has already set up on their site. major thumbsdown.

If they are trying to keep with the "march 1st availability" bull shi t, they need to wake upand smell the roses. They shouldnt have let delivery take as soon as today and then still not reflect the new product on their website....doesnt make sense. Thats what i dont get.

What the hell are you thinking and waiting for, guys? Theres no point trying to keep us guessing! The car is already at the dealership available to TEST DRIVE and packages and options info are already available!! HELLO!??!?!

p.s. Lexus - your new GS kicks *** though so mad props to all u designers and engineers...lol

But Your I/T dept needs to catch up to the 21st century. The technology in your car is more quicker and up to date than the time it has taken u to update your website yourself. lol Come on guys!

The new M was available to be customized - viewed, differently priced, etc..a long a$$ time ago!

tsk tsk

Amen! Well said!

Maybe they are just working on additional photos. And I knwo from experience that that car builder stuff takes forever.

For my computer science class, I made a Lexus build-your-own similar to the one on the website except mine was cooler. I made mine in C++ The source code(opens like a text document) is: http://www.yaro1.com/lexus.cpp Anyway....IT IS HUGE! It tooke me about a few weeks to make it and I will admit mine wasn't even bug-free at final version.

Conclusion: While yeah, it should be up, that stuff takes forever so lets cut them some slack. They did just reinvent the GS...Didn't they?
Old 02-15-05, 06:29 PM
akbergq
Lead Lap

Its true...but think froma more business point of view like they do and are supposed to.

It is like saying - A company comes out with a product that people know little about, and then all of a sudden they see it out. No where were they able to see what it exactly was - how it was offered, what options the product could be offered with and what colors and scope the product enailed. It just flatly just came out all of a sudden out on the market , with no denotion of any of its characteristcs on teh companys own website.

Does it make sense? I put something already out in the market physically there to be sold that I dont even reflect on my company website- which is suposed toconvey to clients what products and services my company provides. It shows exactly what is offered and can be purchased at this very time, and off course the products i am coming out with mentioned somewhere in there that they will be releasing other cars soon. But in this case, the new GS is physically on the road as i type this response, and it is a lexus product - ppl can read the back from the tail and see the L from the front on the grille. They will rush to the website to see the product and - oh behold...not a spec of color choice or option or package or view or proper photos, nothing. Just 4 pictures with the starting price..and saying "the phenomenon begins in march"? What the hell does that actually mean? Why cant i not see right now what the color choices exterior and interior are there? Uhhh i just saw the car on the road. ?????????????

Infiniti did this way before the M was at the dealerships as a demo. A long time ago - the M could be done. Lexus should have thought twice about this before releasing a product int he open. Doesnt make sense at all.
Old 02-15-05, 08:22 PM
zub3qin
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus.ca has info

The www.lexus.ca website has had info on the 2006 GS for quite some time now.

Not sure why this hasn't been available on the US websites. Anyway, check it out.
Old 02-15-05, 08:37 PM
Car Freak
Rookie

Cool

I agree with you, but the link to what information the Lexus site does have for the GS, now has a link on that for interior and exterior color choices.
Old 02-15-05, 08:48 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Aha!! It's the classic slow reveal. Lexus web master must be stripper wannabe.
Old 02-16-05, 12:05 AM
BugattiT59
Rookie

Post Aussie lexus.com

Australian version is different again, sort of skeleton drawings

http://lexus.com.au/gs/
Old 02-21-05, 09:37 AM
frebay
Pole Position

maybe they won't put up the new GS until all the old GS's are sold. btw, 1.9% financing can be had w/ that car.
Old 02-21-05, 10:36 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

i dont think thats true. If they jsut plainly wait for all the GS's to sell through, it may take them longer than March 1st...which is their launch date. Some dealerships have more than 5 Gen 2 GS's still in their lot. Look at the lexus.ca website. They still have the gen 2 information as wel as the gen 3 info. Everythign on both vehicles is laid out. I just think its really bad planning, froma business perspective in how you put a product out, espeically a brand new product like this out, and then have absolutely no sort of mutimedia on the company website to support that product.. Theres not even one commercial on tv yet ont he car. The car is on the road now....im happy its already out, but why is it not reflective on the company's website? The company website is one extreemly important way it conveys itself to ppl around the world. Most places other than the US have prices, build information, and SIGNINFICANTLY more data on the vehicle. Yet the car is alread out int he US market, and there is such a thin amount of info recevied from lexus usa website. Whether it is slow reveal or a surprise reveal or whatever it is. It simply does not make sense to releasing sumthing and then when you want to find out about it, thru the website or from the actual people, you cant! I called that 180025lexus number. Would you believe the jackasses that work there wont give a spec of info on the car. Get this, if you dont believe me - call them and ask on the package otions and colors. They will say "im sorry sir, we dont have that info right now, but someone will get back to you and let you know when it is avaiable". When the girl said that..i responded..."uhh do you know that the car is out int he market here on the physical road where ppl r taking delivery and obviously theyd have to knwo what they r buying and what packages the car came with and so on and so forth. Not jsut here but in every other part of the US, and ur tellign me you dont even knwo what packages are being offered? " she reponds by saying, lexus has not told us much on this vehicle but they will very soon"

AMAZING isnt it!?!?

i swear i was about to ROFLMAO. and i just hung up with her saying ok thanks.

Give me a brak..we are Lexus's biggest market in the world. The hysical product is on the road, yet we cant even build the vehicle, see the options, see package prices, see proper pictures from its site like other auto sites, look at a brochure, or an e-brochure, look at standard features, or nothing.

I really dont know what they are tryign to hide or surprise us with. Theres nothign extra they acn offer on the vehicle other than what we already know. The vehicle is already out and we know what is offered n what isnt. But it doesnt make sense not to finish setting their site with the new GS information. Even though for soemoen who knows abotu the car - doesnt need it. PPl that dotn and are interested in a luxury sport sedan - they will need to be informed. Startegically, as a business they didnt make the right move by prolonging somethign as basic as laying out all ur products and services properly on ur own website. U have a product u just invented and u put it on the street already yet you have almsot no REAL mention of what it is and what you can add, etc etc to showcase this vehicle. Bad move. They should have just either finsihed the website before Feb15th, or delayed the release of the car til the official product launch and had the website completed by whenever that launch was.
Old 02-21-05, 09:31 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Now tell us how you really feel....

This is just another case of the Physical beating the Symbolic to the punch. I'm typing as fast as I can Captain...(Scottie) Those IT guys are probably drinking their Iced Lattes tonight I'll bet. Of course they may have subcontracted the work out to India so it might be Chai they are drinking while programming....And boy can Lexus keep a secret or what? Even they don't know what secret plans those Japanese engineers are hatching. Can anybody here read Kanji or Hiragana? You can build one in Europe if you want to practice. ( Another thread) It is crazy but I still rike rexus.