GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

First DVD movie test of the 7.1 Surround Sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-05, 06:49 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default First DVD movie test of the 7.1 Surround Sound

I am literally shaking from excitement. I have a DVD of Minority Report in my desk here at the dealership so I wanted to test the Audio/Video. I have kind of eclectic taste in music so I also had a DVD of 50 Cent when he was in his heyday. 1st tried out the video of the hit Wanksta. It played at max volume without distortion and was fun to watch fifty stare down the camera. Then I went to my favorite scene in Minority report which is the Lexus factory, chapter 9. Oh...My.... Gawd... The sound effects shook the whole car. You have to try this at home...... I boosted the bass a little and cranked it up to fifty and it gave me one of those fight or flight reactions, I'm still buzzing from it. When the guy shoots the kinetic energy blaster you feel like you were collateral damage. You can smell the zap of the robot welders and the cronk of the stamping machines in the factory. pause....I need to take a deep breath....I'm hyperventilating.
Old 02-16-05, 07:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Rockville
I am literally shaking from excitement. I have a DVD of Minority Report in my desk here at the dealership so I wanted to test the Audio/Video. I have kind of eclectic taste in music so I also had a DVD of 50 Cent when he was in his heyday. 1st tried out the video of the hit Wanksta. It played at max volume without distortion and was fun to watch fifty stare down the camera. Then I went to my favorite scene in Minority report which is the Lexus factory, chapter 9. Oh...My.... Gawd... The sound effects shook the whole car. You have to try this at home...... I boosted the bass a little and cranked it up to fifty and it gave me one of those fight or flight reactions, I'm still buzzing from it. When the guy shoots the kinetic energy blaster you feel like you were collateral damage. You can smell the zap of the robot welders and the cronk of the stamping machines in the factory. pause....I need to take a deep breath....I'm hyperventilating.
I have
50 cents "Get Rich or Die Trying" check
Minority Report DVD, check
2006, GS, DOH!!!

Man, I can't wait to hear it myself. This was the ML system of the stock system?
Old 02-16-05, 07:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Bernie, if i'm ever in the DC area i'm definitely gonna have to stop by and say hello haha!

I forgot to bring a copy of the Lexus Gone Wild NorCal End of Summer v.2 DVD with me in the car to try out last night in the ML/Nav unit. I usually have it but I will have to try this out this coming weekend. I'm dying to hear the music and video compilation of CL members!
Old 02-16-05, 08:12 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DVD movies only in Mark Levinson/ Nav GS's

I just got home and on the way a deer (young and no antlers) is about to run into me from the left side of the divided road. I'm doing sixty and the RX330 is unscathed after my avoidance maneuver. Whew! Sick, I'm telling you now the Mark Levinson is just silly....If you have the MR DVD take it back to the dealership and get in any Levinson equipped car and go to chapter 9. It's where Tom Cruise is chased into the Lexus factory which is totally robotic and he gets stuck in the assembly line. Earth shaking sound effects in the GS. I drove the GS430 a tad and there is nothing like a V8. Did a little braking test and HELLO it clamps like a surgeon. I want to test the VDIM but the pavement was dry. The tranny is soooo smooth. I didn't redline it cause the car only has 26 miles and still a toddler. I am getting a serious Jones to race this car. I might go hunting for RL's to rat race but that wouldn't be fair. E500's would be good game....Just no more whitetails please.

Last edited by Rockville; 02-16-05 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-16-05, 08:14 PM
LexFather

I just got home and on the way a deer (young and no antlers) is about to run into me from the left side of the divided road. I'm doing sixty and the RX330 is unscathed after my avoidance maneuver. Whew! Sick, I'm telling you now the Mark Levinson is just silly....If you have the MR DVD take it back to the dealership and get in any Levinson equipped car and go to chapter 9. It's where Tom Cruise is chased into the Lexus factory which is totally robotic and he gets stuck in the assembly line. Earth shaking sound effects in the GS. I drove the GS430 a tad and there is nothing like a V8. Did a little braking test and HELLO it clamps like a surgeon. I want to test the VDIM but the pavement was dry. The tranny is soooo smooth. I didn't redline it cause the car only has 26 miles and still a toddler. I am getting a serious Jones to race this car. I might go hunting for RL's to rat race but that wouldn't be fair. E500's would be good game....Just no whitetails please.
It will sound incredible in summer, all the windows down, sunroof open.....droooooooooooooool
Old 02-17-05, 10:49 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of the new ML system, I'm SOOO glad that ML has finally stepped up the plate and given the new system a 10" subwoofer. The new sub makes all the difference.