GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3gs 2006+ Gs 300/350/430/460/450h Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-19, 02:58 AM
Hashimo
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post my GS350

Hey all, after lurking for many, many years I finally decided to create an account.
This is my 2010 GS350 with about 50k miles that I had for 6 years. The car is located in Saudi and I'm only there for a few weeks a year so its mostly used by my family.
The 3GS has been one of my dream cars since middle school(I don't aim high) so its natural that I've babied it.
I also bought a 2005 LS430 a couple of weeks ago in the US and my previous car was a MK2 Supra.

Old 05-31-19, 04:27 AM
DoubleDs
9th Gear

Originally Posted by tghw
Then the battery(s) are probably dead on one ore more of your TPMS sensors. Unless you've had them changed previously, they are 13 yrs. old so that would not be considered abnormal.
I've not had that done.. is it an expensive job?
Old 06-05-19, 01:16 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

Found and bought a rare beauty,
2010 GS350 with only 28k miles on it.
Previous owner was meticulous and garaged kept.
This car rides dare I say better than my 2017 GS350! I'm freaking blown away feels like a baby LS.

Rest stop had yellow lights so matador red mica looks orange.
Wife had 2016 IS350 (traded it in) and I told her that this car is mint. She drove it and totally impressed.
I'm so happy for her.

Let the mods begin!
The following 3 users liked this post by Boomin:
Hugh9591 (06-05-19), LexNYC83 (06-25-19), robloc93 (06-08-19)
Old 06-07-19, 04:31 PM
mackstrap8
Driver School Candidate

I recently got a 2009 GS450h myself. Love the car. I have a lot of plans for it.
Old 06-08-19, 12:11 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My 2006 GS430

I've posted a few pics on other threads but never really posted my mods. I purchased my 2006 GS430 last May for my birthday with 91,000 miles. It was 1 owner, an old lady that serviced it at Tustin Lexus since new. She has every option available. After about a year, she definitely looks different and I'm definitely not finished yet

Mods are: Grom Bluetooth, Rockford Fosgate T-1000-1BD, Rockford Fosgate. T400-4, Rockford Fosgate 12"T2. Inifinity Kappa components front and back. Morimoto LED Low beams, high beams, and fog lights. VIP MotoZ Black headlights with LED Lexus arrows and taillights with sequential turn signals. She is lowered with Tein Flex Z coilovers, Exhaust is Magnaflow with custom piping and I have a QTP exhaust cutout. Front lip, rear diffuser and wrapped the top in black vinyl. I am on my 3rd set of wheels and am pretty happy with my old Vossen CV5s 20x10.5 rear ,20x9 front (Pirelli P Zero 285 25r20 and 245 30r20). Plans are a big brake kit, and eventually airbags and body kit.

FIRST PICTURE IS THE FIRST DAY I GOT HER!! THE REST ARE A YEAR LATER!!

Last edited by robloc93; 06-08-19 at 12:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (06-11-19)
Old 06-14-19, 05:30 PM
GS450hv8
Driver School Candidate

Default I want to be initiated

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your 3rd Gen GS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

1. Model 300, 350, 430, 460 or 450h
2. RWD or AWD
3. Exterior Color
4. 17s or 18s (and what kind)
5. Spoiler or no spoiler
6. Interior color
7.Anything you want to mention (options, others considered, previous Lexus owner, etc)
8. PICS, PICS, PICS!!!
9. If your INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
10. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations!
Hello everyone. Don't know if it's still active, I hope it is. My love for Lexus GS range has been rekindled. Many years ago, when I was a boy in my teens, an uncle one day came to my parents home driving a silver lexus gs and he asked on our drive. I was upstairs and looked down at the car, it seemed like the most imposing and executive vehicle is ever laid eyes on. I wanted to drive one, but I knew at that age it would be difficult financially. Forward many years and present day I am a father and more mature, where I live they have imposed not only congestion charge but a ULEZ charge also. I need a car now, for a good fee years I've been using car clubs. It's worked but as I have a family I thought a car is a requirement. So after the endless search for the perfect car I've come across the Lexus GS range again and because of the hybrid engine I'm considering buying one. Am I nuts? What shall I do? The ULEZ exemption is the most important factor but will it make sense efficiency wise? Any comments, experiences or just photos of GS's would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for having me guys.
Old 06-19-19, 05:47 PM
ryan350808
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-15-19, 08:30 AM
munkey09
Driver School Candidate

Default Welcome

1. 350
2. AWD
3. Black Sapphire
4. 17 OEM
5. Spoiler
6. Tan
7. PA, USA
8. 2nd owner bought car year ago because first time driving in Snow. Car is a Tank in the snow, handles way better the 2WD jeep.

I've been lurking on this site since before I signed on the dotted line and when I moved from Texas to Pennsylvania I wanted an AWD car that would help wife and I feel safe on snow days. So that is my short story on the car. This car is the most fun I've had driving a car and my last car of was Convertible Mustang. But the mustang was stock V6 so it just felt sluggish.
When I got the car it needed work. Needed brakes, fluids, wheels (huge crack in aftermarket wheel), you know some TLC basically. Ok, I know what you guys are gonna ask, "The wheels why?" Well they were a cheap set of OEM that I got for $300 (was not passing that) thanks to that paint job but the color scheme actually grew on me. Didn't care to much since I was driving in the winter. So stuff that I have done and on car: HPS intake, TanabeMedallion cat-back, replace Midpipes and rear cats, R1 Concept drilled rotors. Things waiting inside: A set Drag D-73 17ins, spacers, extended lug studs, window rain visors.

So the main point of this post is not to say hello. I am leaving the North and headed back South ( I can not leave in the Northern states LOL) so no need for AWD trying to sale. Hopefully the Mods will open my restrictions so I can post it on the market place. But I will be back in the market for another (RWD) one real soon, dont want to take (AWD) it back to Texas though.

Old 07-15-19, 10:39 AM
silverlake
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by robloc93
I've posted a few pics on other threads but never really posted my mods. I purchased my 2006 GS430 last May for my birthday with 91,000 miles. It was 1 owner, an old lady that serviced it at Tustin Lexus since new. She has every option available. After about a year, she definitely looks different and I'm definitely not finished yet

Mods are: Grom Bluetooth, Rockford Fosgate T-1000-1BD, Rockford Fosgate. T400-4, Rockford Fosgate 12"T2. Inifinity Kappa components front and back. Morimoto LED Low beams, high beams, and fog lights. VIP MotoZ Black headlights with LED Lexus arrows and taillights with sequential turn signals. She is lowered with Tein Flex Z coilovers, Exhaust is Magnaflow with custom piping and I have a QTP exhaust cutout. Front lip, rear diffuser and wrapped the top in black vinyl. I am on my 3rd set of wheels and am pretty happy with my old Vossen CV5s 20x10.5 rear ,20x9 front (Pirelli P Zero 285 25r20 and 245 30r20). Plans are a big brake kit, and eventually airbags and body kit.

FIRST PICTURE IS THE FIRST DAY I GOT HER!! THE REST ARE A YEAR LATER!!

What lip is this and where can I find it
Old 07-15-19, 12:03 PM
Hugh9591
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default it's a twin for Lucky (except for the wheels).

Wow, looks just like mine, except for the wheels. I might have to get new wheels. Lucky seems to wander a bit when I drive. Could be the front bushings or some part of the suspension, could be the wheels, could be the alignment. I will eventually get it sorted out.

Originally Posted by munkey09
1. 350
2. AWD
3. Black Sapphire
4. 17 OEM
5. Spoiler
6. Tan
7. PA, USA
8. 2nd owner bought car year ago because first time driving in Snow. Car is a Tank in the snow, handles way better the 2WD jeep.

I've been lurking on this site since before I signed on the dotted line and when I moved from Texas to Pennsylvania I wanted an AWD car that would help wife and I feel safe on snow days. So that is my short story on the car. This car is the most fun I've had driving a car and my last car of was Convertible Mustang. But the mustang was stock V6 so it just felt sluggish.
When I got the car it needed work. Needed brakes, fluids, wheels (huge crack in aftermarket wheel), you know some TLC basically. Ok, I know what you guys are gonna ask, "The wheels why?" Well they were a cheap set of OEM that I got for $300 (was not passing that) thanks to that paint job but the color scheme actually grew on me. Didn't care to much since I was driving in the winter. So stuff that I have done and on car: HPS intake, TanabeMedallion cat-back, replace Midpipes and rear cats, R1 Concept drilled rotors. Things waiting inside: A set Drag D-73 17ins, spacers, extended lug studs, window rain visors.

So the main point of this post is not to say hello. I am leaving the North and headed back South ( I can not leave in the Northern states LOL) so no need for AWD trying to sale. Hopefully the Mods will open my restrictions so I can post it on the market place. But I will be back in the market for another (RWD) one real soon, dont want to take (AWD) it back to Texas though.

Old 07-21-19, 02:04 AM
WRXUS
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! I just picked up an 08 GS350 4 days ago from a used car lot. I am the second owner. The car is mechanically fine except for a slightly leaky valve cover. Cosmetically it has some wear.

1. GS350
2. RWD
3. White
4. 18s 5 spoke chrome
5. Trunk lid spoiler
6. Black
7. I came from a 2013 WRX hatchback

the passenger side headlight sometimes goes out when driving on bumpy roads, and the lights flicker slightly as well, do the headlights need to be replaced?

I have the ML audio system but it came with the middle dash speaker blown out, I took it to local audio shop and they replaced the middle dash speaker as well as the passenger and driver side speakers (said they were blown) but now all I can hear is the middle dash speaker. Is this what the stock ML system should sound like? When I move the EQ to the back of the car, I hear it from the speakers, when I move it to the very front of the car I hear it from the middle, left and right dash speakers, but not so much from the driver and passenger side speakers. Like I said, ever since replacement, the middle speaker is so loud it sounds like it’s the only speaker working, is this normal? Also I’m getting the issue with the radio working but when I insert a CD, the display shows it’s playing and I can change tracks, but I don’t hear a sound and I can’t adjust the volume.

When I adjust the seats the mechanical aspects start to squeal a little, can this be fixed?

Other than that the car is a beauty and I’m glad I got it!

Has 2 small rock chips on the windshield, and the driver side end of the bumper won’t stay clipped in.

Last edited by WRXUS; 07-21-19 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Adding information.
Boomin (08-01-19)
Old 08-01-19, 08:10 AM
Slopeback
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Greddy exhaust

I bought an 08 gs460 a couple of months ago. Love the car! I've been trying to find an exhaust upgrade. Tanabe seems to be the popular choice, however I'm interested in greddy. Goparts.com has the evolution gt system as a fit for the car, but the greddy website doesnt give the gs460 option. Has anyone done this or heard of this being done?
Old 08-21-19, 05:39 PM
vkeeshan92
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Guy From VA Beach

Hello Club Lexus!!!

1. 2006 GS300
2. AWD
3. Black Exterior
4. 17s - 10 Spoke Stock
5. Stock Spoiler
6. Beige?
7. STORYTIME!!!! So I picked up this car at a salvage Copart auction in Philly with only 97000mi on it. Wining bid at only $3400 ($4900 total after fees, taxes, delivery, online fee etc.) The insurance company salvaged it due to the damage being "Vandalism" The car had severely peeling and weathered clear coat on the hood, And it looks like somebody ex went crazy and keyed it pretty bad, big X on the hood, long drags down both sides and around the trunk. Paint is not a requirement here in VA so the rebuild process was simple, had the car receive the next schedule maintenance from the dealer and had them slap an inspection sticker on it. Had the car titled and ready to roll to the paint booth.... Until someone decided to hit and run the car parked out front the house the weekend after 4th of July. Fortunately the My insurance company came thru and got the damage to the bumper fender and headlight repaired, and my detail guy came thru as well restoring the paint by sanding down the key marks and respraying the weather beaten hood. Today she is the best daily driver i ever owned. From Salvage yard to Second chance.

Upgrades & Mods:
1. Removed the Factory ML Sub that was rotted and blown and added 2 - 12in JL's in Zenclosure box
2. Hardwired Uniden R1
3. USA Spec BT45-TOY Bluetooth adapter
4. 20% Scorpion Predator Tint all the way around and 65% MaxPRO CP Windshield w/ limo visor strip
4. The Dreaded AC Drain Grommet Removal (is this even a mod?)

BEFORE:

AFTER:
LexNYC83 (05-23-20)
Old 08-21-19, 07:15 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

very nice very nice!
Old 08-29-19, 06:44 PM
andy08isf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GS460 Owner

Hey everyone. Sold my modded 08 ISF last month and picked up a Blue 08 GS460 RWD. Needed a little more room for the growing kids. Loving the car so far and can't wait to see what I can do to it. Here's the only pics I have on my phone so far. The car is still at the dealership, they're fixing an issue with the airbag harness. I picked the car up from the Atlanta, GA area if anyone has any history on it

Quick Reply: 3gs 2006+ Gs 300/350/430/460/450h Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!!