GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

special ordering GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05 | 09:41 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
frebay: if you want something like this, why don't you go buy an accord or a camry? the main reason I bought a lexus was for ALL these features.

The reason i want the base car is because it actually has everythign im looking for. All the standard features is all i need. I dont a navigation sysyetm to tell me where to go. I can find that out myself. I dont need a rear camera. I can see where im backing up to. I dont need mark levinson surround sysytem. The premium sound sysytem is plentiful. I dont need rain senstitive wipers. The regualr wipers r more than enough to get rid of rain ovr my windhsield. I dont need a rear sunshade. Tinting the car is perfect enough. I dont need adaptive front lighting sysytem to help me move thru the way on a curve. I have been driving for 15 years and can see where i am going without that. I dont need a moonroof because i have nor eason to open the top for air coming in nor do i want to stand up whiel soemoen else is drivign my car. I dont need ventilated seats blowing in my rear when the a/c in the GS will be excellent enough.

With all this being said, i understand what u mean by telling me to get an accord or camry as all those things will do the same things. But my point is simple. Im gettnig to own and drive a remarable vehicle that is equipped with plentiful standard thigns that show its beauty. (no doubt all these extra things add to the beauty) but the 42,900 vehicle has thigns like wood steering and wood on shifter. it has HIDs standard. 6 disc changer. perforated leather seats. MID screen which shows a lot of cool things. In short i am savign about 7k dolalrs getting a base car over the fully optioned car. Allt he stuff in the fully optioned car - most of that stuff has a standard subsitute or is an added amenity. And the other stuff i have no use for - for my purposes. So why should i spend an extra 7-8 K dolalrs on thigns which i knwo i really wont care too much for. When i knwo i wont really need all that stuff....its a waste ofor me to buy it. And at the same time - like i said...the standard vehicle has things that already make the car gorgeous. And im also saivng that much money versus getting all that stuff which i dont need.

Not to sound rude towards you my friend, but 43K and 50K is quite a big of money difference and if the base car is equipped the way it is..(which it obviously is) Its perfect...all those extra amenities have other means. Thus, the 43K car is equipped with already plentiful things to make it an awesome buy. Its a lexus...and it still has the quality crafstmanship, remarkable detailing, rich and beautified interior and exterior styling, plentiful luxury.
You are not alone in your thinking.
Old 02-22-05 | 09:49 AM
jyg es3
Driver

Default can order base car

my dealer in Ct said I could order gs430 w/o nav/ levinson run flats. would take 3 moths to get iit
Old 02-22-05 | 10:55 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

frebay: if you want something like this, why don't you go buy an accord or a camry? the main reason I bought a lexus was for ALL these features.

gs3rdwow: The reason i want the base car is because it actually has everythign im looking for. All the standard features is all i need. I dont a navigation sysyetm to tell me where to go. I can find that out myself. I dont need a rear camera. I can see where im backing up to. I dont need mark levinson surround sysytem. The premium sound sysytem is plentiful. I dont need rain senstitive wipers. The regualr wipers r more than enough to get rid of rain ovr my windhsield. I dont need a rear sunshade. Tinting the car is perfect enough. I dont need adaptive front lighting sysytem to help me move thru the way on a curve. I have been driving for 15 years and can see where i am going without that. I dont need a moonroof because i have nor eason to open the top for air coming in nor do i want to stand up whiel soemoen else is drivign my car. I dont need ventilated seats blowing in my rear when the a/c in the GS will be excellent enough.

With all this being said, i understand what u mean by telling me to get an accord or camry as all those things will do the same things. But my point is simple. Im gettnig to own and drive a remarable vehicle that is equipped with plentiful standard thigns that show its beauty. (no doubt all these extra things add to the beauty) but the 42,900 vehicle has thigns like wood steering and wood on shifter. it has HIDs standard. 6 disc changer. perforated leather seats. MID screen which shows a lot of cool things. In short i am savign about 7k dolalrs getting a base car over the fully optioned car. Allt he stuff in the fully optioned car - most of that stuff has a standard subsitute or is an added amenity. And the other stuff i have no use for - for my purposes. So why should i spend an extra 7-8 K dolalrs on thigns which i knwo i really wont care too much for. When i knwo i wont really need all that stuff....its a waste ofor me to buy it. And at the same time - like i said...the standard vehicle has things that already make the car gorgeous. And im also saivng that much money versus getting all that stuff which i dont need.

Not to sound rude towards you my friend, but 43K and 50K is quite a big of money difference and if the base car is equipped the way it is..(which it obviously is) Its perfect...all those extra amenities have other means. Thus, the 43K car is equipped with already plentiful things to make it an awesome buy. Its a lexus...and it still has the quality crafstmanship, remarkable detailing, rich and beautified interior and exterior styling, plentiful luxury.

biker: you are not alone in your thinking

Frebay, you see there are people out there that do think like me. We are nto loaded as hell and multimillionaires who want everything possible to be given to us. There are those who do consider money and want to spend wisely. I was merely making a point by saying a base car is what i am looking for. Not everyone is goign to by your fully eqipped GS3. In fact most dealerships will sell a midoptioned GS3 than a fulyl loaded GS3, like yours.
Old 02-22-05 | 10:56 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

My last two (personal, as opposed to HER) Lex were factory orders. As has been pointed out, the process takes approx 3-4 months, but with a sufficient deposit, and dealer ought to be willing. If their allocations of specific models are limited (as would be expected with a new model GS), the special order doesn't count against their allocation so they will still get their full allotment of more heavily optioned cars. It's also a car that they don't have to floor plan (pay interest on.....remember that the dealer is buying cars, too, and a car that's "nailed to the floor" is one on which he keeps paying interest until it sells).

So really, it's all gravy for the dealer since it's a car they wouldn't otherwise have had to sell and profit that they wouldn't ordinarily make. As previously stated, talk directly with the sales manager or try another dealer. It CAN be done!!