GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

lexus europe

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 05:20 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus europe

Lexus europe already has build ur own..check it out.

http://www.lexus-europe.com/lexus_ca...ur_chooser.asp

their anthractie gray...aka flitn mica is EXTREMELY HOT ont his car!!!
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-05, 05:28 PM
carminesc
Rookie

Default anthracite grey looks hot

one thing i noticed......every photo i see shows flint mica looking nice and dark. but i just got my 06 in flint mica and it's much lighter that i had anticipated. still love the color though

also- why are all the images on the european site so much better than any weve seen so far. the car looks fast and luxurious. no bad photo angles and not many photos of that damn red color.the us marketing or lack thereof is annoying me. i'm driving the car already and lexus' own website has like 2 images that have been avail for about 3 months.
Old 02-21-05, 05:33 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Im thinkign about flint mica. Like 95% that. In the picture from lexus europe - it looks like a VERY dark turquoise mixed with a black - it ldefnitely looks EXTREMELY bold and with aggressive attitude! Iv seen it in person but with a lot of sunlight over the vehicle and it was dusty. I bet it looks FANTASTIC when it is polished and detailed and cleaned.

Im finding it very ahrd to decide what interior to go with. I have seen the Black, which is really a dark gray/charcoal color. The light gray - (ash) i have yet to see. It will be VERY tough to decide. Wish i could get the 18inch 430 rims on instead of the regular 17s on the GS300.
Old 02-21-05, 05:34 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carminesc
can you please take lots of pics of your car?
Would like to see some more flint mica
thanks

Erick G
Old 02-21-05, 05:38 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by carminesc
i'm driving the car already and lexus' own website has like 2 images that have been avail for about 3 months.
Think about it. The official release in the United States for the 06 GS is March 1, 2005. Consider yourself one of the few fortunate ones to be driving a car the general public has no idea about!
Old 02-21-05, 05:47 PM
Car Freak
Rookie

Lightbulb

I say just feel fortunate that you have your car before the actual date that the car is supposed to go on sale. The GS isn't supposed to go on sale till the 1st of March, well the Infiniti M is going on sale the day before, but there isn't anyone on the Infiniti site talking about driving their new M yet. You guys that have it already lucky and probably envied by many people that are on here. Forget about the Lexus website, besides, your Owners Manuel, will probably have more information about the car than the site will have.

Now for us that don't have it yet or are looking for more and more and more information about the car, should be pissed that the site isn't up for the New GS yet.
Old 02-21-05, 06:18 PM
Mind18
Driver

Originally Posted by carminesc
one thing i noticed......every photo i see shows flint mica looking nice and dark. but i just got my 06 in flint mica and it's much lighter that i had anticipated. still love the color though

also- why are all the images on the european site so much better than any weve seen so far. the car looks fast and luxurious. no bad photo angles and not many photos of that damn red color.the us marketing or lack thereof is annoying me. i'm driving the car already and lexus' own website has like 2 images that have been avail for about 3 months.
I agree. I''ve always liked the photos shown on the European lexus sites than the US. Even the layout of the website seems more "upscale". Has that refined simplicty feel to it, as opposed to the US more "showy" feel. Also, why can't Lexus put side markers on the US cars, not only do I think it is safer, but it again adds a little bit of added luxury. Same idea with LEDs...they seem to be the last ones to finally incorporate LEDS into their vehicles.
Old 02-21-05, 06:26 PM
Mind18
Driver

Default Mmmm...

Old 02-21-05, 07:31 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Speaking of colors...one color i would have LOVED to see on this new GS is Infiniti's diamond graphite, especially how it looks on their FX...OMG it DEFNITELY ROCKS!!!
Diamond graphite is a smoke gray metallic, lighter than flint mica...

It would look so HOT on all three color interiors, especially the ash and ebony interiors...

For those who havent seen it, heres a pic of what the color is like...
Attached Thumbnails lexus europe-veh_gal_fx45_wall_10.jpg