GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Blue Onyx Pearl ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 07:18 PM
Car Freak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Blue Onyx Pearl ?????

I have seen the GS in just about every color is comes in, either in person or in a picture. Though I have yet to see one in the Blue Onyx Pearl. I am very eager to see it in this color. I saw the 2nd Gen GS in the color and it was a nice color. I would think that the 3rd Gen is going to look better than the 2nd Gen in this color. Does anyone one have any pictures of the 3rd Gen GS in the Blue Onyx Pearl?

Thank you in advance!!!!
Old 02-21-05, 07:21 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Our PDX sales rep said that the Blue was only on about 1% of the cars and was also on the LS. she's going to give us a call if one comes through since we're targeting a May acquisition.
Old 02-21-05, 07:27 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

I drove a demo blue onxy GS here. It looked like crap. It had tan interior. Blue doesnt look good on this car in my opinion.
Old 02-21-05, 07:37 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

I wouldn't think the tan interior would look good with the blue, gray or black makes more sense.
Old 02-21-05, 07:54 PM
Car Freak
Rookie

Exclamation

Definitely black interior. Still would love to see pictures of the Blue Onyx Pearl, if anyone has any. Even if you don't think it looks good.
Old 02-23-05, 05:23 PM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah that sux i had a mica blue on tan only came in tan
Old 02-23-05, 07:22 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just came back from GS testdrive and I find Blue Onyx Pearl to be the hottest color on GS!

First I thought that it was Quartz Shadow as the color was dark purple under the neon lights. I read on the paper it's Blue Onyx and I am like that's not right cause it didn't look like blue. Than they took out the car outside and suddenly it became dark blue with saphire highlights as light hits it. Amazing color during the night. I have to see it durign the day though.

That's the color that surprised me! Also black interior surprised me big time, it has great contrast thanks to red wood.

Blue Onyx is the way to go! I find it hotter than Flint Mica
Old 02-23-05, 08:33 PM
Car Freak
Rookie

Wink

Yeah I haven't seen the New GS in that color yet, but when I saw the 2nd Gen GS in the show room I instantly thought that the New GS would look GREAT in that color. I was looking at the C6 Corvette for a little bit and they had a color just like the Blue Onyz Pearl, the dealer told me to check out the color, but I had already decided in my head that no Corvette would look good in blue, but then I saw it and my jaw dropped, it was such a beautiful color and with the lines of the car, it was just gorgeous. I know the same thing will happen with the GS, I just hope that I can find one in the area that I can look at in person. Still if anyone has any pictures, please post them.
Old 02-25-05, 02:02 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

After seeing the Blue Onyx in the brochure I asked my sales rep how much time it would take to get a Blue Onyx/Grey int. Her response:

I looked into our production sheet with my manager who meets with the Lexus production team. He shared with me a sheet detailing the only blue onyx GS they are making for March delivery is one GS300 with cashmere interior out of the 73 total they are producing. No GS430s are being made currently in blue onyx. We could put in a special order for the GS430 for you in that combination which the manager said would come to us around June. Please let me know so we can get the request in for you.

It would be a rare color then!!
Old 02-25-05, 02:39 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Dude he is full of BS smoke. I have seen 3 GS blue onyx with gray interior here. The demo i drove was a blue onyx with cashmere. Hes trying to throw boloney on you to orfer the stupid car.
Old 02-25-05, 02:44 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

I suspect they're talking about the Portland Lexus dealership and the parent company (Kuni) has 3 dealerships.
Old 02-27-05, 09:11 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Sorry to keep bringing up this Blue Onyx again but it's in a number of the pics in the brochure and it doesn't look like I will get a chance to see it any time soon; just not coming to our Portland dealer. This wouldn't be the first time I ordered a car without seeing the actual color but I'm wondering if someone could post a real world pic for those that haven't seen it. Ideally a pic outside in the sunlight.

Anyone?
Old 02-27-05, 09:30 PM
BugattiT59
Rookie

Smile Anyone at the wharf?

I'd be surprised if Longo dont have that.
Also, which US port are the GS's unloaded to (Portland?). Need someone to find out when the "ships unloading" and go to the wharf and take some pics. They must be parked somewhere for a while.
I recall when the GTOs came from Australia, the first photos where from the unloading dock at the port.
Old 02-28-05, 05:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Here you go: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152849
Old 02-28-05, 12:18 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted the blue also but my delaer was convincing me into the Quartz . Nice color but I am not sold yet. After the broochure, Flipside's pictures and YL06GS' black(w/ tint) and 20's, it is a tough decision.

Notice what I say in my sig though . Such a tough decission. However thank god that is the hardest decision to make; I know the exact model, interior color, and option that I am getting.

BTW: Anyone else's dealer feed them some stuff about PCS not being available....like at all? That I thkn is some BS because they just don't have any. They had the most stripped cars there. PERIOD! None of the ones I saw had NAV....NONE! I was a little angry!

Quick Reply: Blue Onyx Pearl ?????