GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 03:05 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm always partial to the phones with the Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system and definitely GSM. Smart Phone and of course the PDA version Pocket Windows Mobile.

I have a Siemens SX66 which pairs nicely and works correctly with the system. I haven't worked a lot with the phone book but I know you can send at least one entry. I need to look into it more.

Also the Motorola MPX220 works great for my Dad's RX330. One entry at a time, that I'm pretty sure about.
Old 02-24-05, 04:34 AM
Fallsgrove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verizon

Unfortunately Verizon is very limited in the MS Windows Mobile based phones with BlueTooth. I have the Samsung i600 currently and this is a potential problem if I pick up the GS300. Notwithstanding the car price, I will most likely test out a Cingular based Mpx220 or Audiovox ST5600 (if they bring this back, used to be AT&T phone). Both of these phones are MS based and have BlueTooth.
Old 02-24-05, 08:10 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fallsgrove
Unfortunately Verizon is very limited in the MS Windows Mobile based phones with BlueTooth. I have the Samsung i600 currently and this is a potential problem if I pick up the GS300. Notwithstanding the car price, I will most likely test out a Cingular based Mpx220 or Audiovox ST5600 (if they bring this back, used to be AT&T phone). Both of these phones are MS based and have BlueTooth.
Verizon is coming out with a couple of MS Windows Mobile based phones from Samsung. One is the i730 which is a PDA/phone and will definitely have Bluetooth. The other is an updated version of your Samsung i600, the i640/i645, but it doesn't look like it will have Bluetooth.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/s...dex.php?p=i645
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/s...dex.php?p=i730
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c...ndex.php?p=sa2
http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c...ndex.php?p=sa4
Old 02-24-05, 02:48 PM
my06GS300
Rookie

Default Bluetooth

I think I got one of the first 2006 GS300 ( glacier frost/black lether) in LA. The Bluetooth technology is one of the best features. I use Motorola V600 and T-mobile. The system works perfectly. It takes several seconds to connect. However, you can not have a private conversation through your phone (switching from car to cell phone). You have to tell the other party that you have passengers in the car and that they are listening. But maybe that I just did not figured this out yet.

The Mark Levinson Nav allows you to connect to programed points of interests such as restaurants, gas stations etc.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this 2006 GS forum.
I really enjoy this car.It is ORGASMIC!
Old 02-24-05, 07:01 PM
YL06GS
Driver

I have spent many hours so far trying to figure out; a phone, network, firmware upgrade, and even hacks.

It comes down to this.

Sprint has ordered phones without obex feature which allows the transfer of the contacts. Sprint blames it on MFR. and MFR blames it on Sprint.(Not Ordering) It seems sprint had the Sony t608 which will work, but does not carry it anymore. They did not want the transfering option availible. This way people could not trade ringtones, games, and such. This is another way they can make additional money. Forget having a true bluetooth enabled phone.

If you want the bluetooth to function properly with sprint buy a Sony T608 off of ebay. ($190.00) I will buy one and test.

Otherwise use another network.

It seems as though T-Mobile with bluetooth phones will work seemlessly. I have no experience with their service though.
Old 02-24-05, 07:25 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
Nobody is sure if the i930 will have Bluetooth. The one shown at CES 2005 did not have Bluetooth. The i605 (candy bar style phone) does have Bluetooth. There was a recent episode of the TV show Vegas where someone was shown using the i930 with a Bluetooth headset but obviously that's just a TV show. Here's some info on the i605 and i930.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c...index.php?p=m3
Yep the i605.
Old 02-24-05, 08:58 PM
frebay
Pole Position

anyone know if the bluetooth has call waiting? i presently have to look for my phone to switch calls, and the same for voice-mails.
Old 02-26-05, 10:36 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

i605 Bluetooth failed to pair. I'll report it to Nextel and see if they change anything before GA.
Old 02-26-05, 10:53 AM
YL06GS
Driver

My kids are pissed! hahaha

While watching a DVD (Override). When we have an incoming call it interupts the movie.
Old 02-26-05, 11:46 AM
azmike
Rookie

Originally Posted by looknow12
I'm always partial to the phones with the Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system and definitely GSM. Smart Phone and of course the PDA version Pocket Windows Mobile.

I have a Siemens SX66 which pairs nicely and works correctly with the system. I haven't worked a lot with the phone book but I know you can send at least one entry. I need to look into it more.

Also the Motorola MPX220 works great for my Dad's RX330. One entry at a time, that I'm pretty sure about.
Any update about loading the phonebook all at once? Thanks.
Old 02-26-05, 11:48 AM
azmike
Rookie

Default Cingular?

Anyone try pairing a Cingular phone yet?
Old 02-26-05, 12:03 PM
carminesc
Rookie

Default paired my razr

my razr is through cingular and works great. have complaint earlier in thread but otherwise works great.
Old 02-28-05, 03:07 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azmike
Any update about loading the phonebook all at once? Thanks.
No in fact, I was incorrect about it pairing nicely. It does pair. But it says "Out of Range" on the Nav Screen. You can place phone calls from the phone and the car's system will take over. you can also answer and hangup calls from the steering wheel, but you cannot place calls.

BTW, this is a Cingular. My Dad's is a Motorola MPX220 (Cingular). It works nicely, all around except Windows Smart Phone only appears to have an option to Beam one contact at a time to the Phonebook.
Old 02-28-05, 07:41 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Default Sprint and LG phone question

Does anyone know if you have Sprint and get the LG phone that does not support phonebook transfers if you can manually enter and store the phone numbers into the car and then have them dial out on the phone?
Old 02-28-05, 04:58 PM
YL06GS
Driver

VelvetBlue-I have the LG phone from Sprint. You can not use OBEX and send contacts to GS. If you get the Sony T608 it should work. It seems it is only availible at EBAY. Sprint is no longer carrying it.

I have not found a way to input info directly into vehicle. I don't think that is how it is designed to work.

Quick Reply: 2006 GS Bluetooth