GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 07:42 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...i this is only few of the things that i dont like about my new GS.....the blue tooth connection!

I have a Blackberry 7520 with NEXTEL service....awsome phone...when i sit in the car It connects no problem....dials out...recieves call etc....

now the cons:
Cannot transfer Phone book.....I just wait and wait and nothing happens...and EVERY SINGLE TIME when i talk to someone or someone calls me....they tell me that they can barely hear me....its very echoey and staticy.....i tried moving the phone around...playing with bothe phones and blue tooths volumes....the setup options on my phone and I have given up....any tips?

Last edited by NYlexus; 03-31-05 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-31-05, 07:57 PM
highmiles
Pole Position

My Bluetooth phone is a Motorola V710 with Cingular service.

When I first hit the TRANSFER button I noticed that my Bluetooth was disconnected. It took a while before I realized that when it disconnects the Bluetooth that it is waiting on you to hit the SEND button on your phone to send the record. The bad news is that you have to repeat the task of hitting TRANSFER the hitting SEND on your phone with each entry in your address book.

As far a sound quality no one has complained when I talk to them and I have been pleased with the sound quality through the ML system.
Old 03-31-05, 09:05 PM
carminesc
Rookie

Default remember where the mic is

hardly anyone has noticed that i have them on speaker in my gs. the only problem i've noticed is when my girlfriend is talking to someone she speaks away from the microphone. when she does this some people have a hard time hearing her(she would talk to the nav screen ) anyway, i have no complaints as my system works great.
Old 03-31-05, 09:13 PM
DrComputer
Pole Position

You can actually change the mic level and speaker levels of the Bluetooth in the secret service menu.

While parked WITH the parking brake on, put the car in accessory mode (press start without pressing the brake). Now press the DISP button next to the NAV screen. On the NAV screen tap the upper left part of the screen and then the lower left part of the screen -- back and forth about 5 times and you will now be in the secret diagnostic screen.

From there you can change the Bluetooth mic and playback levels. I increased the mic level to +2 and people now say they can hear me much better. Give it a try.
Old 03-31-05, 09:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
How did you find that out??? I wonder if it works in other Lexus navs...

And for the main problem of this thread, I recommend talking more directly into the microphone of the car, not the phone (as it is 'dead' to Bluetooth?)
Old 03-31-05, 09:22 PM
jedimaster
Driver

Originally Posted by YL06GS
Has any of the new owners used the Bluetooth feature with their phone yet?

What type of phone?

What service?

How did it work?

Ease of use?
I have nokia 6820 with AT&T and it works extremely well. When I first bought this phone
I didn't care about the bluetooth feature. I'm glad now that I got my new GS300.
Old 04-01-05, 05:43 AM
highmiles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexuslover
yeah, i am noticing each day the little missing pieces of the bluetooth phone system.

i have a new nokia 6230 w/ cingular - fantastic phone, syncs great with the GS, but does not allow for whole phonebook transfer (just like highmiles); you must do one at a time!
I too have operational issues with the Bluetooth. For instance if am moving and need to dial a number and have my ML Stereo on I simply dial it on my cell phone. Unfortunately by the time the ML stereo gets switched from stereo to phone the party on the other end is on the verge of hanging up. My solution is to turn of the stereo off before dialing a number.

I still think the Bluetooth is great in the GS. Yes there are issues and irratations but when you compare it with an aftermarket hands free kit there is no comparison.

Wonder if there will be a way down the road to upgrade the firmware of the Bluetooth via the DVD or some other means? Every other software is upgradable why not our Bluetooth?
Old 04-01-05, 05:47 AM
highmiles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DrComputer
You can actually change the mic level and speaker levels of the Bluetooth in the secret service menu.

While parked WITH the parking brake on, put the car in accessory mode (press start without pressing the brake). Now press the DISP button next to the NAV screen. On the NAV screen tap the upper left part of the screen and then the lower left part of the screen -- back and forth about 5 times and you will now be in the secret diagnostic screen.

From there you can change the Bluetooth mic and playback levels. I increased the mic level to +2 and people now say they can hear me much better. Give it a try.
Nice job. Should have known there was a secret handshake or something to get inside the NAV. The question is, were you tapping the NAV screen out of frustration when you made this discovery?
Old 04-01-05, 10:36 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrComputer

lol! That is amazing. No wonder you call yourself DrComputer . . . nice work! can't wait to try it out this weekend.
Old 04-01-05, 10:45 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

Naww... I didn't figure it out on my own. When I was at the dealer trying to figure out why my floor lights wouldn't come on I was sitting in the car with the head tech. He went into the screen.

When he did I said...."Hey wait... tell me how you did that." And he did.

It's supposed to work on ALL Nav systems from 2001 on.
Old 07-03-05, 10:25 AM
lepoch
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default How to connect BT laptop to car?

Hi--anyone successful at doing a BT connection to the car from a laptop? I've tried, it pairs, I put in the pin and then connection drops. I have to reboot the computer (dell using the toshiba BT stack) to get the PIN prompt again, otherwise the car can't see the laptop. thanks.
Old 07-03-05, 10:59 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

anybody paired up their Treo650 VZW phone w/ the GS?
Old 07-04-05, 07:30 AM
lhn5
Driver School Candidate

Default vzn

I can dial manually from my e815 while bluetooth is on, and the number does sit in the temporary list of 5 recent calls on the GS screen. So no way to save it into the phone book from there OR keep it in the one touch list?
Old 07-04-05, 07:49 AM
lepoch
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lhn5
I can dial manually from my e815 while bluetooth is on, and the number does sit in the temporary list of 5 recent calls on the GS screen. So no way to save it into the phone book from there OR keep it in the one touch list?

Hi--you can go through a few menus to save them in the one touch list, it's in the navigation manual which I don't have with me right now. I did it last night with a number I dialed from a test phone.
Old 07-04-05, 08:23 AM
lhn5
Driver School Candidate

Default one touch

Yes, i figured it out. The directions are on page 242 of the GS manual. Basically you call a number, let it connect, hang up. Move to the settings menu, and touch the 'set one touch' button that is next to the 'outgong calls' list. This will let you select the number you want to save, and then let you put in into the list. Basically if lets you make the 17 calls you make most often, and even if the whole directory you keep was in there, you could still only call these 17 while driving as Lexus built in this safety feature of not letting you go though your phonebook or dial calls manually while the car is in motion.

Quick Reply: 2006 GS Bluetooth